Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low level GPU server , for live H265 encoding
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low level GPU server , for live H265 encoding

Hi every one , is their any servers Provider offers GPU Servers ( < 150$ Month ) ,
I search on all big providers like ( OVH Amazon etc ) and they only offers HighEnd Super computer Class GPU Servers example 1 example 2

In short what's I'm looking for is any mid-core Xeon E3 server with graphic card installed on it the range will be ( Nvidia GTX 950- GTX 1050/AMD RX 460 ) and up (which is consumers not server cards)
so how could i got such GPU servers do I have to ask for costume build ! .

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2018

Ikoula, Hetzner, and Dediserve all have them. The more recent Intel integrated gpus aren't in the same league as a discrete graphic card, but might be enough for what you're doing. You could give that a try.

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • inklightinklight Member
    edited February 2018

@steny said:

GeForce GT 710 ! their is question about it support for H.265 hardware encoding no one confirm it , anyway E3 12XX v5 looks good I guess it can do real time H.265 Encoding .
    Edit - that GPU dosn't suport H.265 its Kepler based so support only H.264

@Aidan I saw GTX1070 I guess it can do th work .

• GeForce GT 710 ! their is question about it support for H.265 hardware encoding no one confirm it , anyway E3 12XX v5 looks good I guess it can do real time H.265 Encoding .

Scroll down for a better GPU, all the way down.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited February 2018

NVIDIA's monstrosity, the GT 710. They're just as shitty as the 710K Fiat Chryslers that were recalled.

• Does anything even support HEVC live playback? I guess Edge and Safari might. If what you want to do is streaming anyway.

• @Rodney said:
    Does anything even support HEVC live playback? I guess Edge and Safari might. If what you want to do is streaming anyway.

Pft, Edge barely supports AVC1 + 1080p streaming.

• Have you considered integrated graphics? Intel desktop processors' integrated graphic card supports HEVC encoding since Skylake. Supported by VAAPI and ffmpeg, it is easier to setup than most GPU's.

• @inklight said:

@steny said:

GeForce GT 710 ! their is question about it support for H.265 hardware encoding no one confirm it , anyway E3 12XX v5 looks good I guess it can do real time H.265 Encoding .
    Edit - that GPU dosn't suport H.265 its Kepler based so support only H.264

@Aidan I saw GTX1070 I guess it can do th work .

710 doesn't support HEVC encoding, it was added with maxwell, 900 series. AMD added it with the RX 400 series.

There's also the question of quality. For H264 nvidia is clearly ahead of AMD, though for H265 they're more or less even. For Polaris and Vega, AMD put a lot more transistors into their H265 encoder than their H264 encoder, so much so that it's actually a regression and previous gen (Tonga, R9 380) encodes higher quality H264.

Any AMD 4xx/5xx/Vega will give you the same quality, vega has higher throughput. For nvidia you will need at least a GTX 1050. They artificially block you from encoding on a 1030, pure greed.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@inklight,

You still looking for a server with GPU? I've got a couple of GPUs that are not doing anything which I could stick into a server.

RX560 (4GB RAM) and RX570 (8GB RAM). Either of these good for your needs?

Could do the RX560 for <$150 /month (on an E3) in Lithuania, if you're interested.

• serverofferserveroffer Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

We do have Dedicated servers with on-board GPU and with add-on GPU, such as GTX660, RX560, GT710 and similar. Custom server configuration is possible too.

• lemonlemon Member
    edited February 2018

@randvegeta said:
    @inklight,

You still looking for a server with GPU? I've got a couple of GPUs that are not doing anything which I could stick into a server.

Could do the RX560 for <$150 /month (on an E3) in Lithuania, if you're interested.

for $150 you can get dedicated servers with a 1080, nice try.
    (hetzner)

@lemon said:

@randvegeta said:
    @inklight,

(hetzner)

You think $150 for a Xeon E3 + RX570 is over priced?

• @randvegeta said:

@lemon said:

@randvegeta said:
    @inklight,

(hetzner)

You think $150 for a Xeon E3 + RX570 is over priced?

Yes: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ex51-ssd-gpu?country=ot

Although it's out of stock right now, it was in stock for quite a long time before that.

Well 99 EUR + VAT is not that much cheaper than <$150 /month.

The GTX1080 may be a 600 EUR GPU, but the RX570 is 400 EUR, so it's not like a shitty GPU being flogged off.

I would say that Hetzner is just very cheap (good value) rather than <$150 for Xeon E3 + RX570 being 'over priced'.

• lemonlemon Member
    edited February 2018

@randvegeta said:
    The GTX1080 may be a 600 EUR GPU, but the RX570 is 400 EUR.

I would say that Hetzner is just very cheap (good value) rather than <$150 for Xeon E3 + RX570 being 'over priced'.

at the moment rx 570 may be a 400€ card, BUT the normal price would be ~250€, and the power of that card is also way lower than the 1080.

keep in mind we are on lowendtalk, $150 for a server with rx 570 wont work here, i guess.