Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP from 108.61.x.x
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP from 108.61.x.x

Hi,
A client needs a VPS from this Ip range: 108.61.x.x
Please let me know if anyone has.

Appreciate.

Comments

• @jikjik said:
    Hi,

Appreciate.

Just curious, why do they need that specific range? What are they doing?

• vultr

• @Nekki said:

@jikjik said:
    Hi,

Appreciate.

Just curious, why do they need that specific range? What are they doing?

I imagine some shoe kid was bragging that he got a new 'method' to get shoes and ended up showing his IP. Or something of that sort.

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

NetRange: 108.61.0.0 - 108.61.255.255
    CIDR: 108.61.0.0/16
    NetName: CHOOPA-NETBLK08
    NetHandle: NET-108-61-0-0-1
    Parent: NET108 (NET-108-0-0-0-0)
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    OriginAS: AS20473
    Organization: Choopa, LLC (CHOOP-1)
    RegDate: 2010-12-08
    Updated: 2012-03-02
    Ref: https://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-108-61-0-0-1

OrgName: Choopa, LLC
    OrgId: CHOOP-1
    Address: 14 Cliffwood Ave Suite 300
    City: Matawan
    StateProv: NJ
    PostalCode: 07747
    RegDate: 2006-10-03
    Updated: 2016-01-11
    Comment: http://www.choopa.net/
    Ref: https://whois.arin.net/rest/org/CHOOP-1

• Choopa/vultr.com Amsterdam/france/UK DC. But Why do you need this specific ip?

• 1- I dont know why this range and I dont care.
    2- Already contacted Vultr, they said they can not guarantee an Ip :(

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jikjik said: I dont know why this range and I dont care.

Either that's bullshit, you're sketchy, or you are the most naive person on the planet.

jikjik said: 2- Already contacted Vultr, they said they can not guarantee an Ip :(

And so you threw up your hands and quit? Bravo.

I'm afraid you may actually have to expend a little effort to get what you want.

Go to Vultr. Spin up a new VM. If it isn't 108.61.x.x, destroy it and try again. Repeat until happy. It might take you all of 15 minutes. We won't even get into the API.

How do you even go about your day? Isn't it all just too much of a bother?

• raindog308 said: Go to Vultr. Spin up a new VM. If it isn't 108.61.x.x, destroy it and try again.

Doesn't Vultr just give you the exact same IP again? (If it's still available)

• LeeLee Veteran

raindog308 said: How do you even go about your day? Isn't it all just too much of a bother?

Wow, sounded like me to my daughters...

Thanked by 3raindog308 MCHPhil pike

Aidan said: Doesn't Vultr just give you the exact same IP again? (If it's still available)

Not in my experience. But even so, fine - deploy a few, delete a few, wait a couple hours, repeat, etc.

Like I said...it would actually take some effort...

Thanked by 2Aidan ScienceOnline
  • raindog308 said: it would actually take some effort

Absolute deal breaker!

• LeeLee Veteran

Maybe he just likes pretty IP's, I know I do.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If so, OP's in for a rude awakening cuz ... none of IPv6 is pretty.

Thanked by 1Aidan

deank said: If so, OP's in for a rude awakening cuz ... none of IPv6 is pretty.

A11:BEEF:BAD:BABE:B00B::::

Thanked by 2VirtualByte pike
  • @jikjik said:
    1- I dont know why this range and I dont care.

Wat? You want an IP from a specific range but you don't know why?

• @mksh said:

@jikjik said:
    1- I dont know why this range and I dont care.

Wat? You want an IP from a specific range but you don't know why?

To be honest, he did say "a client needs..." so it's not him personally who wants the specific IP, but if any customer asked me for something so specific I would at least ask why, as any non-shoeminer person would.

• LeeLee Veteran

Harzem said: so it's not him personally who wants the specific IP

It is.

"My client needs..." "My friend needs..." They both translate to "I need" on the internet.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@deank said:
    "My client needs..." "My friend needs..." They both translate to "I need" on the internet.

...or to "I get paid and let you guys do the work for me."

• @raindog308 said:

deank said: If so, OP's in for a rude awakening cuz ... none of IPv6 is pretty.

Gimme this ipv6

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@FoxelVox said:

@raindog308 said:

Gimme this ipv6

Sorry to disappoint you, but that won't happen :P (it's outside global unicast 2000::/3)

• @dfroe said:

@FoxelVox said:

@raindog308 said:

Gimme this ipv6

Sorry to disappoint you, but that won't happen :P (it's outside global unicast 2000::/3)

Me is sad :(

• The unofficial Chinese community translator chiming in: over there, they have silly number fetishes or think its the IP range of the second/hour/day to bypass GFW. Don't jump through hoops for customers like this as the next request will be weirder.

dfroe said: Sorry to disappoint you, but that won't happen :P (it's outside global unicast 2000::/3)

Still, you should be able to squeeze some BABE:B00Bs into your address somewhere...

• You can be good preachers. I cant even imagine how these idiot ideas came to some of you guys mind!

@deank, Every madman thinks all other men mad.

@raindog308 said:

Either that's bullshit, you're sketchy, or you are the most naive person on the planet.

jikjik said: 2- Already contacted Vultr, they said they can not guarantee an Ip :(

I'm afraid you may actually have to expend a little effort to get what you want.

Go to Vultr. Spin up a new VM. If it isn't 108.61.x.x, destroy it and try again. Repeat until happy. It might take you all of 15 minutes. We won't even get into the API.

1- I never ask a client how he want to use the service or what for except requested for our help.

2- The destroy/create idea is good as I found their ip ranges and the mentioned one is of their biggest. The problem is I have to charge the client first while I cant assure him for what he gets.

• @jikjik said:
    You can be good preachers. I cant even imagine how these idiot ideas came to some of you guys mind!

@deank, Every madman thinks all other men mad.

@raindog308 said:

1- I never ask a client how he want to use the service or what for except requested for our help.

2- The destroy/create idea is good as I found their ip ranges and the mentioned one is of their biggest. The problem is I have to charge the client first while I cant assure him for what he gets.

$7.

jikjik said: 1- I never ask a client how he want to use the service or what for except requested for our help.

Then you're irresponsible. What if he asked you for 1,000 IPs or a list of open SMTP relays?

What if he asked you for a good place to bury a body?

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • raindog308 said: What if he asked you for a good place to bury a body?

Obviously a fed/cop setup. People ask me a good place to dump all the time and the park is always the best place but stay away from the running trails.

OP doesn't care. He'd do such as long as there is money in it.