Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server for 50-55€/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server for 50-55€/m

stefemanstefeman Member
edited February 2018 in Requests

Are there anything similar or better than:

E3 1245v5
32 GB DDR4 ECC
2x2TB

for 50-55€/m? including taxes

I need for a Plex server. currently using OVH Discovery Poland. I'm happy except for the distance. Should be near central europe (France, Germany, etc) rather than far eastern europe. Basically anything else than poland for location.

Comments

• Hetzner auction currently has a couple 32 GB / 2 x 2 TB e3-1246v3 for a bit over €41

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

I can offer you the following server @stefeman

Supermicro Skylake

• Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5
    • 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    • 2x 2 TB HDD
    • 1 Gbit uplink
    • 5 TB bandwidth
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • Datacenter Amsterdam

Normal price € 60.00, special LET price € 55.00

Edit: price is monthly.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner will be the cheapest one.

• I get similar to that for 30 euros a month with Hetzner.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@stefeman Are you having issues with Plex? I have people in the UK using my server that's in Australia without issue.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@trewq said:
    @stefeman Are you having issues with Plex? I have people in the UK using my server that's in Australia without issue.

And in Portugal. Works perfectly.

• @trewq said:

I can't even stream one 1080p movie due low speeds to the server.

• 6ixth said: I get similar to that for 30 euros a month with Hetzner.

Shoemining has destroyed the availability of those 30 euro servers. OP may be better off with a Hetzner EX or series or similar, which can be more attractive monthly than the auction servers, if you plan to keep it for a while and don't mind the setup fees. Worldstream.nl also has some sensational deals if you're willing to pay 1 year in advance.

Thanked by 1ariq01