Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Cheap SMB/CIFS Storage-as-a-service?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Cheap SMB/CIFS Storage-as-a-service?

Hey there!

Are there any SMB/CIFS storage-as-a-service provider?

I just need a solution that just works out of the box that requires nothing to the end user (except for paying of course).

I know there's hetzner's storage box, but I am looking for something smaller (~50GB and something that's closer to Asia).

If you know any provider, please recommend.

Thanks!

Comments

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited February 2018

In my opinion Hetzner BX10 is the best you will find and it works great out of the box for any OS (although it is a bit slow).

Thanked by 2Aidan sanvit
  • Gonna have to agree with @cpsd, there are many better options - though not in the sub-$5/mo price bracket.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @Aidan said:
    Gonna have to agree with @cpsd, there are many better options - though not in the sub-$5/mo price bracket.

hello,
    any suggestions for a 50Gbyte box?

• rtfm said: hello, any suggestions for a 50Gbyte box?

Are you talking about mounting something like this over the internet, as opposed a VPS at the same location on a local net? It doesn't sound like a great idea to start with.

If you have to do it, you may have to resort to a VPS running Samba. I looked at the 1-click app templates for DO and Scaleway and didn't see it in either place. Maybe someplace else has it, or maybe cpanel/scriptaculous does.