Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help getting audio working with qemu vm
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help getting audio working with qemu vm

I want to run a vm on my host machine and have sound to watch videos on sites which I would not otherwise trust; spam maybe hidden malware etc.

Error currently is

[Child 511, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: 7facafcca140 OpenCubeb() failed to init cubeb: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/dom/media/AudioStream.cpp, line 387
[Child 511, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: Decoder=7facb2c6e000 [OnMediaSinkAudioError]: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3627
[Child 511, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: 7facb4041640 OpenCubeb() failed to init cubeb: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/dom/media/AudioStream.cpp, line 387
[Child 511, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: Decoder=7facaf6fd000 [OnMediaSinkAudioError]: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3627
[Child 511, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: 7facb0b8f440 OpenCubeb() failed to init cubeb: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/dom/media/AudioStream.cpp, line 387
[Child 511, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: Decoder=7facaf6fd000 [OnMediaSinkAudioError]: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3627
[Child 511, MediaPlayback #5] WARNING: 7facb22d7480 OpenCubeb() failed to init cubeb: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/dom/media/AudioStream.cpp, line 387
[Child 511, MediaPlayback #5] WARNING: Decoder=7facaf6fd000 [OnMediaSinkAudioError]: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3627

I followed the bit here adding $ export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=pa on host and -soundhw hda to startup command which currently gives the error above outputting to the console of host.

Comments