Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dollar .com transfer deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dollar .com transfer deals

Need to transfer or let expire a useless .com, taking the former option if a low cost promotion is available somewhere. Don't really care about domain privacy or registar (as long as legit).

Is there a working godaddy transfer promo link or an equivalent promotion somewhere else?

Cheers.

Comments

• Already checked. Having been screwed by 1&1 before, I wonder if there's any cheap transfer deal missed by that.

• i have used them a couple of times:
    https://www.register.it/domains/start.html?lang=en
    (Maximum 8 transfers per customer.)

• @mrTom said:
    i have used them a couple of times:

Despite a weird process, it worked! Thanks mate.

• @sundaymouse said:

Already checked. Having been screwed by 1&1 before, I wonder if there's any cheap transfer deal missed by that.

Overall reviews for 1and1 seem to be quite bad as well. Can't say from experience as for some weird reason they don't accept Dutch customers.

• @sundaymouse said:

@mrTom said:

Have fun trying to transfer a domain to another account with them. Just went through this and they want signatures and crap. Decided to just move the domains.

• F21F21 Member
    edited February 2018

@sundaymouse said:

@mrTom said:

Are you in the EU? I am not in the EU and a .com shows up in the cart as 35 Euros.

• @AuroraZ said:

@sundaymouse said:

@mrTom said:

Have fun trying to transfer a domain to another account with them. Just went through this and they want signatures and crap. Decided to just move the domains.

I'll move it out next year, obviously.

• re register.it For the life of me, I could NOT find a way to cancel the renewal. (I was just going to let the domain expire).

The option to cancel was no where to be found. When I contacted them via email (7 days prior to renewal), they stated the domain had already been in process to renew at 35euro.

Now that it renewed, that option to cancel, transfer or renew is easily located.

• @Blazing said:
    re register.it For the life of me, I could NOT find a way to cancel the renewal. (I was just going to let the domain expire).

The option to cancel was no where to be found. When I contacted them via email (7 days prior to renewal), they stated the domain had already been in process to renew at 35euro.

Now that it renewed, that option to cancel, transfer or renew is easily located.

That's why you pay with Paypal and make sure not signing up to a pre-approved payment.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@sundaymouse said:

@Blazing said:
    re register.it For the life of me, I could NOT find a way to cancel the renewal. (I was just going to let the domain expire).

That's why you pay with Paypal and make sure not signing up to a pre-approved payment.

That's the right thing to do ;)

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sundaymouse said:

@Blazing said:

Don't worry they'll renew it at 35 euro then come after you for payment holding the domain ransom. 1and1 plays this game and worse. Avoid them. Porkbun or namesilo or go home.

• @sureiam said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sundaymouse said:

@Blazing said:

Don't worry they'll renew it at 35 euro then come after you for payment holding the domain ransom. 1and1 plays this game and worse. Avoid them. Porkbun or namesilo or go home.

1&1 was an interesting story, but if you plan well in advance, shouldn't happen with register.it.

@sureiam said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sundaymouse said:

@Blazing said:

How will they renew if I cancel the Pre-Approved Billing Agreement & transfer My Domain between 2nd to 10th Month of Expiry ?? I personally moved My Domains from Register.it, nothing worse happened :)

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sureiam said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sundaymouse said:

@Blazing said:

How will they renew if I cancel the Pre-Approved Billing Agreement & transfer My Domain between 2nd to 10th Month of Expiry ?? I personally moved My Domains from Register.it, nothing worse happened :)

Same here. If I'm not mistaking they try to bill you 1 month prior to the date your domain expires. It cought me off guard once but overall they're not bad.

• tdttestertdttester Member
    edited February 2018

I registered a domain and transfered another at:
    https://www.ait.com/domains/
    Using the "Special #2" promo.
    Just 2.99$ each (limited to 5 domains), with Free privacy option.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sureiam said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sundaymouse said:

@Blazing said:

Every heard about a contract law ?

• @Clouvider said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sureiam said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sundaymouse said:

@Blazing said:

They'll just hold the url hostage. Obviously if you transfer out before hand it's no big deal. But I got tired of these games to save a few bucks a long time ago. Get a registrar that has a reasonable renewal rate and just stick with them

Thanked by 2Clouvider beagle

Exactly my point.

@sureiam said:

@Clouvider said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sureiam said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@sundaymouse said:

@Blazing said:

They'll just hold the url hostage. Obviously if you transfer out before hand it's no big deal. But I got tired of these games to save a few bucks a long time ago. Get a registrar that has a reasonable renewal rate and just stick with them

I don't use them for serious things, only for the domains which have the least priority to Me.

@NodeKid Nominalia is another one from DaDa ;)

@Clouvider Nothing called Contract Law in Bangladesh :P

• @Clouvider Nothing called Contract Law in Bangladesh :P

Firstly, the country you decided to do business with is not registered in Bangladesh, your location is irrelevant.

Secondly, Bangladesh has had a Contract Act since 1872, even has one.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Clouvider said:

Why anyone would care about it when they transferred out the domain name which is allowed by ICANN?

@Blazing said:

Never had such issues with them, using them since 2015. Can easily turn off renewal option.

@TheKiller said:

@Clouvider said:

Why anyone would care about it when they transferred out the domain name which is allowed by ICANN?

Of course I did.

Thanked by 1TheKiller