Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation for an Email Client
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendation for an Email Client

Hello,

I am looking for some email client recommendations for my Windows System. (Windows 7)
I am currently using Outlook 2017 and Thunderbird but don't really like them much.

I need to use multiple accounts from same as well as multiple domains and want to have option to switch between them easily. (And use multiple filters etc) And if It have options like Focused / Fav Emails, that will help to identify important emails.

If it comes with a Android client as well, that be a plus.
If I can setup alerts for each filter (or folder) that be a bigger plus.

It could be free or paid client. (As long as its not too costly)

Thanks
Umair

Comments

• Sylpheed

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • try emclient

• +1, EmClient

• cochoncochon Member
    edited January 2018

Not mentioned in the other threads, and not to everyone's taste, but if you want the paradigm of an aggregated pool of messages from multiple mailboxes and RSS feeds, then filtered by views, you still can't beat the old spin off from the original Opera browser, Opera mail.

It's not maintained these days, but then what traditional client is in practical terms, it's still my main client on Windows 10 (previously 7). Free and still worth a try out.

Edited: spelling

• Outlook 2017 ?? There is no Microsoft Outlook 2017 version yet. I think latest is 2016. Outlook 2016 is much better if you plan to use something paid. Otherwise for free clients you can go with Zimbra for Desktop.

• I also tried thunderbird but didn't like it. Now I am using Postbox (postbox-inc.com : no affiliation).

Not free but a lot better compared to some of the other clients; nice UI, multiple accounts/folders, important/favorite emails, filters, etc.

No android client though but they have a free trial for 30 days so you can give it a spin.

• WSSWSS Member

I, too, prefer a fairly agnostic email client- but I haven't been able to find one. For awhile, I ended up just setting up everything under Google to get around it. Then, the migration /from/ Google made it all that much worse.

Although I've used Outlook, Thunderbird, Gyazmail (Mac), and so many other things, I ended up just going back to Thunderbird in the end, because it is essentially the same product across all platforms. For Android, I like K9.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • 1 Emclient (version 6, version 7 is LOT of bugs), 2 Google Web (catch pop3 mails), 3 Thunderbird...

• @athensguy said:
    Outlook 2017 ?? There is no Microsoft Outlook 2017 version yet. I think latest is 2016.

Latest is 365, but that's crap.

• WSSWSS Member

@lemon said:

@athensguy said:
    Outlook 2017 ?? There is no Microsoft Outlook 2017 version yet. I think latest is 2016.

365 is essentially 2016 that has a built-in timer for deactivating itself. Making Office 365 live alongside 2016 is hellish.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @WSS said:

@lemon said:

@athensguy said:

365 is essentially 2016 that has a built-in timer for deactivating itself. Making Office 365 live alongside 2016 is hellish.

Hey, don't underestimate 365! It also has a very unpredictable built in spam filter!

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@lemon said:
    Hey, don't underestimate 365! It also has a very unpredictable built in spam filter!

I had fun with that very feature when I was doing some contract work for a local shop in 2016.

• mailx (for retro moments)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@angstrom said:
    mailx (for retro moments)

OP wants multiple accounts, so- mutt.

• I second and third Thunderbird.
    It's so simple that a monkey could use it or be tought how to.
    And even though they occasionally add bobbles to it, those can usually be turned off.

• @rafaelscs said:
    1 Emclient (version 6, version 7 is LOT of bugs)

No issues here with the latest ver. 7.1.318490

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

This thread reminded me of Nylas Mail, seems like that's been forked into newer projects https://github.com/nylas/nylas-mail/issues/3621

• I am using Yomail. Highly recommended if english version is as good. find it http://www.yomail.com/en/

• @WSS said:
    For Android, I like K9.

I've use K9 as well and for multi domain it works.

• @Umair any particular reason you dont like thunderbird?

from my experience thunderbird stable enough, rarely crash (1-2 crash in the ladt few years).

• i use spark in apple stuff.
    mailbird for windows.
    and Email by Edison for android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easilydo.mail) the have almost instant push.

• I have to throw in another vote for Thunderbird, even though you're looking for alternatives, in my opinion it's the most mature mail client out there. And its a bargain even at twice their asking price ;)

• @athensguy said:
    Outlook 2017 ?? There is no Microsoft Outlook 2017 version yet. I think latest is 2016. Outlook 2016 is much better if you plan to use something paid. Otherwise for free clients you can go with Zimbra for Desktop.

He probably meant Outlook December 2017 from TPB.

• Clawsmail

User has control of just about everything, and the search function is devilishly fast, even with huge archives of mail.

• akbakb Member

@Ole_Juul said: User has control of just about everything, and the search function is devilishly fast, even with huge archives of mail.

Headers search is generally fast in all clients. But Clawsmail, unlike Thunderbird, Outlook & emclient doesn't maintain a indexed FTS DB and thus searching for text in bodies will be extremely slow.

http://www.claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.txt

Be aware that searching for text in the body of emails is much slower than searching in its headers, because the body of emails isn't cached by Claws Mail.

Where full-text search in large archives is concerned, I have found Outlook to be fastest as its search capabilities are powered by built-in file indexer of Windows. Thunderbird & emclient which use the SQLite engine for search and storage might be internally as fast as Outlook in pulling entries out of catalog but the experience they offer is little laggy while switching to folders with large amounts of email.

• I use Thunderbird with multiple accounts no problem. For Android it's K9. I think a similar thread on here put me on to it a while back.

Thanked by 1vovler
  • I'm giving Thunderbird beta another shot since yesterday.

• Screw Clients.... Webmail thats all you need!

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

@maxii said:
    Screw Clients.... Webmail thats all you need!

Webmail is also a mail client :D

Thanked by 1Plioser