Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the Hetzner refund policy? As I have just order a dedicated server but want to return
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the Hetzner refund policy? As I have just order a dedicated server but want to return

As I said in the title, I have ordered a dedicated server in Hetzner and it was ordered in 23 Jan, I would like to know could I get a full refund and how about the installation fee? I have not receive any invoice currently.

Comments

• You can cancel it within the first 14 days w/o paying

• You should get your money back in full since your clearly within 14 days from ordering. Just be sure to cancel the order.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Make sure to cancel the order, not the server. If you cancel the server, you will need to pay for the first month. If you cancel the order (within the first 14 days) you get your money back.

Thanked by 2Aidan Hetzner_OL
  • Why you order it in the first place if you do not need it?

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • @budi1413 said:
    Why you order it in the first place if you do not need it?

As I found out I do not need it right now

• @teamacc said:
    Make sure to cancel the order, not the server. If you cancel the server, you will need to pay for the first month. If you cancel the order (within the first 14 days) you get your money back.

Does that means I can do anything for testing within 14 days and cancel the order?
    How to do the cancel order process?

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited January 2018

kkiskk said: As I found out I do not need it right now

Again

budi1413 said: Why you order it in the first place if you do not need it?

• the installation takes 10 days to be done, as I have already found another dedicated server for my need.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @lion said:
    You can cancel it within the first 14 days w/o paying

I thought that 14 days cancel policy is just for their servers in auctions?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2018

kkiskk said: Does that means I can do anything for testing within 14 days and cancel the order? How to do the cancel order process?

Those two are the definition of one of the most disgusting behaviors as a client in web hosting. You are intended to cheat the provider renting a server that you will not use and ask for a refund! Do you think that for a datacenter or a provider, running a whole dedicated server is without cost? Why do you want them to pay the cost for your "fooling around"?

PLEASE, PEOPLE, DO NOT HELP SUCH PERSONS CHAT ON PROVIDERS. THOSE ARE SOME OF THE REASONS THE REST OF US IS HARD TO GET NICE THINGS NOWADAYS !

• lionlion Member
    edited January 2018

@WebGuru said:

@lion said:

It should be two weeks for all Hetzner products, since Hetzner is a company based in Germany where you have the so called "Rückgaberecht" which allows you too give stuff back if you're not satisfied.

• @jvnadr said:

kkiskk said: Does that means I can do anything for testing within 14 days and cancel the order? How to do the cancel order process?

Those two are the definition of one of the most disgusting behaviors as a client in web hosting. You are intended to cheat the provider renting a server that you will not use and ask for a refund! Do you think that for a datacenter or a provider, running a whole dedicated server is without cost? Why do you want them to pay the cost for your "fooling around"?

PLEASE, PEOPLE, DO NOT HELP SUCH PERSONS CHAT ON PROVIDERS. THOSE ARE SOME OF THE REASONS THE REST OF US IS HARD TO GET NICE THINGS NOWADAYS !

I am just asking, I did not do anything with the server and also I found out this problem so I ask, it didn't mean I am doing this "Cheating"

• @lion said:

@WebGuru said:

@lion said:

It should be two weeks for all Hetzner products, since Hetzner is a company based in Germany where you have the so called "Rückgaberecht" which allows you too give stuff back if you're not satisfied.

Thanks for the help.

• @jvnadr said:

what's your problem? Every business has a right to set refund policies. Some don't have that option because there are consumer protection rights.

• @needavps said:

@jvnadr said:

what's your problem? Every business has a right to set refund policies. Some don't have that option because there are consumer protection rights.

How is continuing to use a server you wanted to cancel right away just because you can consumer protection?

• @mksh said:

@needavps said:

@jvnadr said:

How is continuing to use a server you wanted to cancel right away just because you can consumer protection?

there are loopholes everywhere. not like a provider don't use tax loopholes or otherwise. Doesn't apply to everyone. If you are a provider than don't offer refunds and if you complain about that; than well you obviously have other problems.

• @needavps said:

@mksh said:

@needavps said:

@jvnadr said:

there are loopholes everywhere. not like a provider don't use tax loopholes or otherwise.

Ah, wrong + wrong = right. I see.

If you are a provider than don't offer refunds and if you complain about that; than well you obviously have other problems.

Wat? You admitted yourself that they might not have a choice. Hetzner does not have a choice. To be fair it's not like people are going to get away with abusing that non-choice for long as iirc Hetzner themselves has stated that if it looks like your intentionally getting servers you are going to cancel for full refund they will simply stop doing business with you. Still that misuse incurs costs that other more honest costumers are going to pay for in the long run.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @mksh said:

@needavps said:

@mksh said:

@needavps said:

@jvnadr said:

there are loopholes everywhere. not like a provider don't use tax loopholes or otherwise.

Trump Era

If you are a provider than don't offer refunds and if you complain about that; than well you obviously have other problems.

Wat? You admitted yourself that they might not have a choice. Hetzner does not have a choice. To be fair it's not like people are going to get away with abusing that non-choice for long as iirc Hetzner themselves has stated that if it looks like your intentionally getting servers you are going to cancel for full refund they will simply stop doing business with you. Still that misuse incurs costs that other more honest costumers are going to pay for in the long run.

and? every legit business will factor these things into their costs and adjust.

Also the OP is just asking a question and nothing he has typed implied otherwise.

• svmosvmo Member
    edited January 2018

https://hetzner.com/rechtliches/agb

Section 11 -

Sectiom 11.2

If you requested to begin the performance of service during the withdrawal period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been provided until you have communicated us your withdrawal from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.

Edit: withdrawal can be done from the control panel

Thanked by 2uptime Hetzner_OL
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited January 2018

@needavps said:

@mksh said:

@needavps said:

@mksh said:

@needavps said:

@jvnadr said:

Trump Era

Nice excuse for moral foul play. Gotta remember that.

Exactly. As in you and me are going to pay for it while the abuser pays nothing. Wait, why am i repeating myself?

Also the OP is just asking a question and nothing he has typed implied otherwise.

@kkiskk said:

@teamacc said:
    Make sure to cancel the order, not the server. If you cancel the server, you will need to pay for the first month. If you cancel the order (within the first 14 days) you get your money back.

Does that means I can do anything for testing within 14 days and cancel the order?

Pretty much implies he intended to get maximum value out of the box when he realized he could postpone canceling for full refund.

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited January 2018

@mksh said:

@needavps said:

@mksh said:

@needavps said:

@mksh said:

@needavps said:

@jvnadr said:

Trump Era

Nice excuse for moral foul play. Gotta remember that.

what foul play? you saying Trump was elected via moral foul play? Let's not get in a moral high ground like alot of politicians that end up as child predators.

Exactly. As in you and me are going to pay for it while the abuser pays nothing. Wait, why am i repeating myself?

Welcome to REALITY. arguing over semantics and trying to achieve a victory in a forum is hilarious.

@kkiskk said:

@teamacc said:

Pretty much implies he intended to get maximum value out of the box when he realized he could postpone canceling for full refund.

What's wrong with that? if he has 14 days to test it than why shouldn't he try it for 14 days when he could change his mind?! Your logic seems to imply that just because I paid for a month and only use 1 day; you can cancel my service abruptly and leave no option for me to use the full month. That's morally ok with you?

• @needavps troll on.

• @mksh said:
    @needavps troll on.

look buddy. op asks a simple question. You among another twists his words that deviated from that. Look in the mirror before you call someone a troll.

• @needavps said:

@mksh said:
    @needavps troll on.

look buddy. op asks a simple question. You among another twists his words that deviated from that. Look in the mirror before you call someone a troll.

Lame.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

needavps said: if he has 14 days to test it than why shouldn't he try it for 14 days when he could change his mind?!

The 14-days "cooling off" period is an European consumer protection policy to protect what's deemed to be the "weak party" of a contract. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, it doesn't even apply in B2B and whenever a "weak part" is missing. Its rationale is different from a "trial period" and IIRC @Hetzner_OL warned that it shouldn't be abused.

Hetzner_OL said: If you [cancel using the 14 day policy] too often Hetzner will in the future deny any service to you and not accept you as customer. This is legal and legitimate with no recourse. Keep in mind that on our admin interface Robot, you need to select "Cancel order" not "Cancel server" to cancel within the first 14 days. There is a linguistic and legal distinction in German that does not translate well into English.

Thanked by 2uptime Hetzner_OL
  • needavpsneedavps Member
    edited January 2018

@mfs said:

needavps said: if he has 14 days to test it than why shouldn't he try it for 14 days when he could change his mind?!

The 14-days "cooling off" period is an European consumer protection policy to protect what's deemed to be the "weak party" of a contract. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, it doesn't even apply in B2B and whenever a "weak part" is missing. Its rationale is different from a "trial period" and IIRC @Hetzner_OL warned that it shouldn't be abused.

Hetzner_OL said: If you [cancel using the 14 day policy] too often Hetzner will in the future deny any service to you and not accept you as customer. This is legal and legitimate with no recourse. Keep in mind that on our admin interface Robot, you need to select "Cancel order" not "Cancel server" to cancel within the first 14 days. There is a linguistic and legal distinction in German that does not translate well into English.

lol. no need to tag me in this but @kkiskk ! It's obvious any company can ban you when abusing trials or other benefits.

• needavps said:

This. Hetzner has 100,000's of servers which is enough to reliably predict these costs averaged over their transaction volume, and build it into their pricing. So they don't get upset when someone cancels an order if it doesn't happen too often. If you do it too often, they won't accept new orders from you.

Thanked by 2Aidan eva2000
  • ...And this is exactly what I said: if a generous policy is being abused, then, the provider will withdraw the policy and accept the legitimate users of it. Aka, if people start acting like OP who has clearly stated that he will cancel not because the server is bad but because he changed his mind and after that, he wanted to benefit from the 14 day grace period, then, offers like that will be more and more rare...
    So, behaviors like that is the reason that we have less and less nice things offered...

Thanked by 2WSS MCHPhil
  • @kkiskk said:
    the installation takes 10 days to be done, as I have already found another dedicated server for my need.

Maybe client needed it before the ten days?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@lazyt said:

@kkiskk said:
    the installation takes 10 days to be done, as I have already found another dedicated server for my need.

>

Maybe client needed it before the ten days?

@kkiskk said:
    As I said in the title, I have ordered a dedicated server in Hetzner and it was ordered in 23 Jan, I would like to know could I get a full refund and how about the installation fee? I have not receive any invoice currently.

>

I call bullshit.

(E: FUCKING HELL VANILLA)