Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

locked myself out of win server at SYS :/
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

locked myself out of win server at SYS :/

chiezyychiezyy Member
edited January 2018 in Help

Long story short. Configured firewall, derped, hit the wrong button. Now I cannot connect through RDP. Tried some stuff like stopping service through xpcmdshell but apparently I do not have the neccessary rights. I'd rather not spend 30€ on the KVM ip for 1 day.. What do?

Funny note: if you type xpcmdshell with the _ it triggers the lowendtalk firewall hur

Comments

• Boot into rescuse mode winpi and I think there is a fix in that for firewall

• chiezyychiezyy Member
    edited January 2018

@ebony said:
    Boot into rescuse mode winpi and I think there is a fix in that for firewall

Forgot to mention. I installed Windows the joodle way. My bad. No winpi option :(

• WSSWSS Member

Then pay for a KVM, or buy Windows.

• chiezyychiezyy Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

Using the volume license of the company I work for. Not an option. And as mentioned, I'd rather not pay for the kvm..

• WSSWSS Member

@chiezyy said:

@WSS said:

Using the volume license of the company I work for. Not an option. And as mentioned, I'd rather not pay for the kvm..

Using the Joodle method, eh? I don't buy it. Either pay the $30, or cut your losses and reload it during downtime.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @WSS said:

@chiezyy said:

@WSS said:

Using the Joodle method, eh? I don't buy it. Either pay the $30, or cut your losses and reload it during downtime.

Even if that wasn't true. Access to volume licenses go for a couple bucks on ebay. I am not concerned about you believing me or not anyway. SYS support enabled WinRescue for me :-)
    Problem fixed.

• alt-f4

• People complain that miner related posts are too much but these good ol' bootleg Windows posts are great

Thanked by 3pike rudolphd Janevski
  • WSSWSS Member

@doughmanes said:
    People complain that miner related posts are too much but these good ol' bootleg Windows posts are great

But it's under a VLK!

• adrienadrien Member
    edited January 2018

If you don't feel like paying for the hardware KVMs that they offer, you should be able to get software based remote access to your system using kvm and qemu.

• Change your netboot preference to the linux recovery system
    • Reboot
    • Wait for the email containing your connection information
    • Connect over ssh to the provided information using the ssh client of your choice. Ensure you setup a tunnel to go from 5900 to locahost:5900 (ex: -L 5900:localhost:5900)
    • Run the following commands

apt-get update
      apt-get install qemu kvm
      qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::3389-:3389 -m 1.5G -localtime -enable-kvm -smp 4 -cpu host,kvm=off -usbdevice tablet -k en-us -hda /dev/sda -hdb /dev/sdb -vnc :0 -vga std

note: Ensure that you boot with the required drives (ex: -hda /dev/sda)

• Lastly using the vnc client of your choice, connect to localhost:5900
    • perform whatever actions that you need
  • It seems joodle latest w10 creators update is not working, I installed it 3 times, restarted and it doesn't respond to ping.