Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please explicitly tell NETCUP you want cancel it NOW , and ask for confirmation - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please explicitly tell NETCUP you want cancel it NOW , and ask for confirmation

Comments

• @psb777

Depends on how one views it. I personally would have rather taken that invoice as a reminder ("yes, right, I have a yearly subscription with XYZ. Do I still really want that?"). So, one might as well regard that as a friendly reminder service. No matter ones view point, it's not somehow evil to send an invoice (with many months time to pay) for a yearly subscription.

I had and have diverse VPS and other servers all over the planet, many of them on "yearly, pre-paid" terms. There's nothing german about those, it's simply a model that has advantages and disadvantages for both sides.

@uptime

I agree. @cece has shown fairness and even some self-criticism after his first anger. Laudable and certainly also slightly changing the balance in some western heads re. the chinese as customers.

One point, though, is still nagging me, namely @netcup having a quite shady marketing and attitude.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @bsdguy said: One point, though, is still nagging me, namely @netcup having a quite shady marketing and attitude.

You speak as though it were a fact that netcup has "a quite shady marketing and attitude." I reacted to this earlier in the thread, and I still haven't seen a reason to believe this.

• netcup is crap

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@nadal28 said:
    netcup is crap

this really adds value after 1.5 month + necro.

Thanked by 2Falzo doghouch
  • nfnnfn Veteran

One of the best hosts I've used (and use)

• zevuszevus Member

something similar here, too.

Ah, bummer.

>

Could you just cancel my order then? I was running under the (false) assumption that it was a bit like Hetzner, which used to have VAT inc. for everything, but would remove it after ID.

>

thanks,

>

james

... was my email to them (on same day that order was placed).

Searching my msg history, I don't see any confirmation from them about cancelling the order. I guess I just sent that message and assumed it was over and done with.

I got invoiced some 2 weeks later, and then mailed them again asking why I was getting invoiced and to cancel. After that, I see some confirmation about cancellation & wasn't charged.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited March 2018

I am happy with netcup. But next time i should choose online.net rather then netcup. Much better support without shit things.
    When netcup patched their servers with the intel shit-things, then it was 2 hour downtime which is not acceptable i think. I should patch my server with kernelcare then done within minutes.

Once time i forgot to reply to their abuse report. Server shutdown for hours, paper work then a promise i will never send spam, and 30 euro administrative fee.

But i really like to suck with german providers.

Also if you call their support line, they not really like to talk in English. One of the system admin said he will not speak english, not for now.

But thats a standard thing for german providers. Why they speak in english, when everybody should learn their language? Thats standard.

Block PHP-Mail then everything should be fine.

But i always get scared when i got an email from netcup...

• nfnnfn Veteran

ZweiTiger said: But next time i should choose online.net rather then netcup

What offer can we find with the performance/price ratio we have with netcup? online.net cpu's are weaker.

ZweiTiger said: 2 hour downtime which is not acceptable

You're right here, mine was faster, but it's not acceptable any way.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited March 2018

@nfn said:

What offer can we find with the performance/price ratio we have with netcup? online.net cpu's are weaker.

Not in all way. But let compare two plan:
    https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-classic

and

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1579

Price exclude vat: 30euro/ month.

If you are not a totally noob, you could easily manage a brand supermicro dedicated server. I own an online.net dedicated server, and i am happy. Only got 1 downtime within 2 year because one of the HDD failed, and that caused a lot trouble.

Also if you buy their standard line, then the network is great, as you got guaranteed network speed.

Thanked by 1Petar
  • PetarPetar Member

That thread was useful. I was planning to get a root server with netcup and searching for reviews - and while technically it seems to be solid, I certainly can spare few euros more monthly for the convenience of not being harassed - at the very least by having to cancel by paper something I subscribed for online.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Petar said:
    That thread was useful. I was planning to get a root server with netcup and searching for reviews - and while technically it seems to be solid, I certainly can spare few euros more monthly for the convenience of not being harassed - at the very least by having to cancel by paper something I subscribed for online.

• This is an old thread.
    • netcup doesn't harass anyone.
    • No one has to cancel by paper.
    Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

@angstrom, what you state doesn't matter.

The guy has decided to fabricate fake reality around him. He is one of those people who ...

Persona 1: Hey, here take this apple. It's so good.

P**r: Police! It's a bomb!

• @ZweiTiger said:

@nfn said:

Not in all way. But let compare two plan:
    https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-classic

and

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1579

Price exclude vat: 30euro/ month.

If you are not a totally noob, you could easily manage a brand supermicro dedicated server. I own an online.net dedicated server, and i am happy. Only got 1 downtime within 2 year because one of the HDD failed, and that caused a lot trouble.

Also if you buy their standard line, then the network is great, as you got guaranteed network speed.

Well I think even hetzner's old lineup was better than online's one. And their new generation is even cheaper
    https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2115

• ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited February 2019

I'm sorry for bump, i'm done with netcup.

My product (root server) still charged for semi-annually payment even i already cancel the product 31 days before invoice appear.
    Now i have to pay semi-annually payment + 6 Euro dunning costs because i late paying the invoice. (that **** invoice printed and sent to my house even i'm not germanian).

• @ariq01 said:
    I'm sorry for bump, i'm done with netcup.

My product (root server) still charged for semi-annually payment even i already cancel the product 31 days before invoice appear.
    Now i have to pay semi-annually payment + 6 Euro dunning costs because i late paying the invoice. (that **** invoice printed and sent to my house even i'm not germanian).

did the month have 31 days? all I can say is hetzner.

• smile said: did the month

i mean i already cancel on the products long days before invoice appear, but the invoice still appear. https://prnt.sc/mjdkiy

I already pay the invoice and open ticket make sure my account is deleted from their database.

Steve said: Obviously my own fault for not reading their cancellation policies, but I see this as a massive asshole move. Be careful when doing business with these guys.

me too.. maybe my fault to interested with this thread, https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/148103/get-a-30-netcup-discount-on-your-next-order-if-moving-to-netcup-existing-customers-too

• Your screenshot shows the invoice as 12 month commitment. Was your annual commitment in July or March?

• @ariq01 said:

smile said: did the month

i mean i already cancel on the products long days before invoice appear, but the invoice still appear. https://prnt.sc/mjdkiy

I already pay the invoice and open ticket make sure my account is deleted from their database.

From your screenshot I think you start rent that vps at 5th July 2018 and it is a 12month contract ( minimum term on the screenshot ). If you pay semi-annually then you need to pay again on first week of January 2019.

Even if you ask for cancelation on December 2018 or before that, you will still need to pay your invoice at January because you have a contract with them for 12 month. Your cancellation will be effective at the end of your contract not the end of your payments term.

This is something that people always forget, some provider have contract at the same time with payment term ( you pay monthly then the contract is for 1 month ), but some provider also have different contract term and payment. Basically you already agreed to rent vps from them for 12 month and you will pay every 6 months. At the end of 12th month the contract will continued with the same term ( 12 month ) unless you ask for cancellation 31days before the end of contract. You cannot ask for to stop contract on Midway term if there is no mention of this on the contract that you signed.

Always read all term and of conditions and any rules before you agreed to something like this.

• @ariq01 said: i mean i already cancel on the products long days before invoice appear, but the invoice still appear. https://prnt.sc/mjdkiy

It's so clear that your minimum term is 12 months that one is surprised that you're surprised.

Thanked by 2Clouvider ariq01
  • people still attracted at good machine /price ratio and neglect everything else. from my own experience at lowendtalk for the last 7 years, netcup is the only provider have contact and debt collector things . It is not we did not obey contract.It is because the company act different from everyone else in the low end market. this will make people feel frustration when they see the bumping invoice.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @cece said:
    It is not we did not obey contract.It is because the company act different from everyone else in the low end market.

By allowing you to pay your yearly vps in 2 terms. Is a good thing imo.

Thanked by 3uptime ehab Clouvider
  • @teamacc said:
    By allowing you to pay your yearly vps in 2 terms. Is a good thing imo.

if price is big then yes.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2019

@cece said: It is because the company act different from everyone else in the low end market.

Just to say, once again, that netcup doesn't advertise on LET and has no representative on LET. There's no reason a priori why netcup should act like a LET provider.

• haha, if it act like a duck , guack like a duck then it is a duck.
    it's not a provider here and no representative here but it fall into the low end range considering the species and price so you dont compare them with knownhost google cloud aws azure.

I just say it act different from other let provider here with the contract and cancellation policy.I did not say it is a low end provider. I mentioned this to remind people about it.so they wont be frustration when they simply click the cancel button and thought they have done it right just like everyone else in the forum where there is no such contract thing. even with several german provider.

• hardgamershardgamers Member
    edited February 2019

@cece said:
    haha, if it act like a duck , guack like a duck then it is a duck.
    it's not a provider here and no representative here but it fall into the low end range considering the species and price so you dont compare them with knownhost google cloud aws azure.

I just say it act different from other let provider here with the contract and cancellation policy.I did not say it is a low end provider. I mentioned this to remind people about it.so they wont be frustration when they simply click the cancel button and thought they have done it right just like everyone else in the forum where there is no such contract thing. even with several german provider.

Actually every provider have a contract, when you agreed to pay for vps from any provider it means you signed a contract with them for that vps for spesific amount of time and for a price that both of you agreed. the contract will specify every one rights and responsibility, contract length time, payment plans, etc.

What make netcup different is they allow some payment plans for some contract.

Example :
    A lot of LET provider will give 1 VPS plan with different contract :
    Monthly contract, Annually contract, etc

But most providers only give 1 payment plans which is you need to pay full at the start of the contract even if you sign a yearly contract. Of course this payment plan will have different price depend on your contract length.

Netcup also have different contract :
    Monthly, yearly etc

But for a long time contract they allow more flexible plans, for example for the recent case. It is 12 month contract ( a yearly plan vps ) with payment plans that allow you to pay 2 times, 50% at start of the contract and 50% 6month after that (I believe if you want to pay directly for 12 month you can try to open ticket with them).

For the same vps specifications they may have different contract length, example :

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2104 for 12 month contract with semi-annually payment ( I think this one is the one that @ariq01 used ) and

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2130 for 1 month contract.

If you take a look at their product page they write both contract length and payment plans. So if you don't want a yearly vps you don't sign up with the yearly vps but sign up with that monthly vps.

Thanked by 3angstrom samm ariq01
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

@hardgamers it’s a waste of time at this point. The OP needs a hard first lesson in contract law and he/she is bound to get it from Netcup.

Look at it the other way - it’s good for the OP that it’s some cheap VM to learn on, and not a car hire contract for 4 years that the OP could decide to “terminate” after 6 months ;-).

• So why not Hetzner? They are billed hourly and do not need prepay credits.

Nah, some won't learn. That's the beauty of LET. Some just won't learn.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @cece said: haha, if it act like a duck , guack like a duck then it is a duck.

Yes, but you can't infer (e.g.) the color or size or personality of a duck from the fact that it guacks quacks.

That's duck racism. Time to call SJWs.