Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please explicitly tell NETCUP you want cancel it NOW , and ask for confirmation - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please explicitly tell NETCUP you want cancel it NOW , and ask for confirmation

Comments

• @WSS said:
    @bsdguy Ya know, there are plenty of decaf options which taste as good as the real thing..

'K, you can stop lying now.

• @WSS said:
    ... If you're tripping over dollars to pick up pennies, you're doing it wrong.

Yes, that's why I'd put up tough entry barriers.

An honest chinese will not have any problem providing his personal data and banking/CC data. Also kindly note that I made the effort to expressly limited my position ("many, not all").

My position is not against the chinese (personally, in fact, I rather like them). Probably the reasons for the trouble are in cultural or systemic differences or some such. As a company, however, I'm not into anthropology; as a company I must keep cost and risk of sales in mind and more than a few providers are - justifiably - on the side of caution, based on plenty bad experience.

• @bsdguy
    sorry to give you such bad impression for chinese from me. But I myself could not represent any chinese people.
    And for fake name , It's about the law firm, they first ask me to pay teamviewer bill ,and they can tell my name ,my address, my phone number, two days later, they say they made a mistake. I think my personal information was sold to them .
    as for the 14 days , there is only one cancell button on the panel , I clicked it , and today I know I just cancel the renewal.
    It's my fault not following the whole procedure .

• @FredQc said:
    @Falzo

I have a BF deal that I "cancelled" few weeks ago, just to be sure I was well in advance. Now, reading this thread makes me wonder if I cancelled correctly. Here's a screenshot from the service in the ccp:

It's marked for cancellation on the 02/23/18

They also says "Next statement on the 02/24/18" - Does it mean I will be charged again ?

Thank you @cece for this thread as it rises a few legitimate questions...

thanks for pointing out, I haven't noticed before, that it still states the renewal date there and agree that's quite misleading.

yet your service will be deleted end of february and not renewed, I have a service cancelled that way and it looks the same on my control panel :-)
    but I also agree with @WSS - if in question contact their support to make sure about it.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@bsdguy said:

@WSS said:
    ... If you're tripping over dollars to pick up pennies, you're doing it wrong.

Yes, that's why I'd put up tough entry barriers.

An honest chinese will not have any problem providing his personal data and banking/CC data. Also kindly note that I made the effort to expressly limited my position ("many, not all").

My position is not against the chinese (personally, in fact, I rather like them). Probably the reasons for the trouble are in cultural or systemic differences or some such. As a company, however, I'm not into anthropology; as a company I must keep cost and risk of sales in mind and more than a few providers are - justifiably - on the side of caution, based on plenty bad experience.

Agreed. We had an order today for 1M emails and was flagged as fraud, I sent a ticket asking for the ID, he ignored and ordered a 100k emails plan, again, flagged as fraud. Sent a reply to the same ticket telling him that we still need his ID, and to order without using a VPN, we'd also require an utility invoice to confirm his ID/address, we were totally ignored. Bleh. Orders from China are most times tricky, tbh.

• @cece

As the emails show netcup is clearly equipped and ready to provide support and to answer questions. I'm wondering why you didn't simply ask them how to cancel the whole thing according to the 14 days rule.

Maybe their interface is indeed confusing, I don't know. But then, there's support that can be asked.

• cececece Member
    edited January 2018

@bsdguy now I know what misleading me .

1 . I cancel the server.
    2 . I get the mail said  "14 days"
    3. I thought that means in the first 14 days I need do nothing because there is " no stating reason"  which seems like " no question asked" 
    4. They wait for me for the following procedure  like submit mail  but I  thought everything was done.
    5. they keeps billing me , and I thought it was mistake. 

I really should ask them first.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2018

Anyone unsure how to cancel you can also use this form to cancel netcup. Just email it to them for free or use their Service to fax it 2€:
    https://www.aboalarm.de/kuendigungsschreiben/domain/netcup-kuendigen

You can substitute "webhosting" with vps/root I guess. Maybe add the respective ip.

This would be an example what a proper Widerruf email would need to look like:
    https://www.aboalarm.de/widerruf/domain/netcup-widerrufen

Thanked by 1mfs
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

cece said: I think my personal information was sold to them

What happened is probably that netcup just contacted some debt collectors where you live; probably this firm collects debts for multiple software houses and made a mistake when contacting you for a different product (if I got it correctly). They sure get paid for their job but it's not like this German provider sells your data or something.

I believe you've been pretty polite and you tried to understand the issue more than the stereotypical Chinese. Anyway, you really should drop the belief that inserting false IDs will protect you somehow; it would only make things harder for you and for the other party, it will contribute to reinforce the diffidence and the stereotype Chinese people have earned and may lead to abrupt termination of your contracts.

cece said: send them your hand write signature.

As already noted and confirmed by @Ympker , only the "Satisfaction guarantee" always requires something hand-written. You weren't requested to send something hand-written: nor to "cancel" renewals, not to "revoke" the contract (albeit they may ask for some proofs of identity if they have some reasons to be anything less than 100% sure it's you the one who's asking for the 14-days "revocation")

teamacc said: Same with hetzner, if you want to get your money back, you need to cancel the order, not the server. @Hetzner_OL has been very clear on this matter, and the same could be going on with netcup (minus the "being clear" about it)

netcup has some issues with marketing; it emerged clearly in the thread regarding their "cloud" offering.

Oh, and VAT. Charged for a Chinese customer.

cece said: they keeps billing me

you should really have contacted them at least here.

cece said: 2 . I get the mail said "14 days"
    3. I thought that means in the first 14 days I need do nothing because there is " no stating reason" which seems like " no question asked"

Probably timing and language barrier led to some confusion, you got the mail confirming that the product would have been cancelled in November, 2018 and another mail detailing your right to cancel the order within 14 days. When in doubt, contacting the provider directly is always a wise option

Thanked by 2WSS MikePT
  • I received an answer to my question, it seems I have to pay another invoice... Not sure why as the current period was paid and it won't be renewed?

thank you for your request.

Your Servers are cancelled.
    Due to the contract and billing period you will get the last invoice for the
    v220171050 (...) 
    M it freundlichen Grüßen

• WSSWSS Member

@FredQc How close are you to renewal? Some of those are as far as 3 months out.

• WSS said: How close are you to renewal?

Scheduled on the 02/24/18, cancellation request sent on 01/15/18 well over a month before...

• @FredQc the 30days rules dont applly here?

• WSSWSS Member

@FredQc said:

WSS said: How close are you to renewal?

Scheduled on the 02/24/18, cancellation request sent on 01/15/18 well over a month before...

I'd ask for clarification, that's obviously a 3 month contract, and you should be OK for 31 days before to cancel (as I recall).

• @FredQc How close are you to renewal? Some of those are as far as 3 months out.

This is something that German companies love to do. It's the same with almost every subscription service. For example, if you don't give ADAC (the German AAA) at least 3 months notice of cancellation, they will renew your membership for another year.

It makes no sense, is completely anti-consumer, and I'll never figure out why the Germans just seem to accept it. I can understand that some services actually do require some time to process the cancellation -- but weeks/months? Really?

This same philosophy is unfortunately quite common in the German hosting world, as some people are figuring out the hard way. The Germans are notoriously inflexible on this point, and seem to expect that everyone should abide by this strict (and I think very bureaucratic) way of operating.

• cececece Member
    edited January 2018

Seems like a English language class for me, well worth the tuition.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2018

@FredQc said:

WSS said: How close are you to renewal?

Simple: Ask netcup - not us. They know.

@aj_potc said:

@FredQc How close are you to renewal? Some of those are as far as 3 months out.

This is something that German companies love to do. It's the same with almost every subscription service. For example, if you don't give ADAC (the German AAA) at least 3 months notice of cancellation, they will renew your membership for another year.

It makes no sense, is completely anti-consumer, and I'll never figure out why the Germans just seem to accept it. I can understand that some services actually do require some time to process the cancellation -- but weeks/months? Really?

This same philosophy is unfortunately quite common in the German hosting world, as some people are figuring out the hard way. The Germans are notoriously inflexible on this point, and seem to expect that everyone should abide by this strict (and I think very bureaucratic) way of operating.

a) once more: there is very little "german" (or portuguese or french, or ...) left over. Over 80% of the "work" of national parliaments is merely to implement brussels diktats.

b) what's the problem? 8 or 9 months should be fucking plenty enough time to find out whether I like a service and wish to keep it or whether I wish to cancel it.

And betcha, if it were 4 weeks or even 1 week, we'd still have people complaining.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2018

FredQc said: Not sure why as the current period was paid and it won't be renewed?

Beware, you're mixing up "minimum contract period" ("Mindestvertragslaufzeit") with "billing periods" ("Abrechnungsperiode"). I guess you signed up for a six-months contract and you were billed on a three-months basis. You have revoked within 31 days before the end of your "contract period", you could have revoked up to 31-days before the six-months period.
    "Billing periods" and "Minimum contract periods" are well detailed in the order page, maybe not every prospective client bothers to double check that

aj_potc said: at least 3 months notice of cancellation, they will renew your membership for another year.

well, it's not what happens here anyway I guess

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @bsdguy said:

a) once more: there is very little "german" (or portuguese or french, or ...) left over. Over 80% of the "work" of national parliaments is merely to implement brussels diktats.

Perhaps, but Brussels doesn't set individual company policies. It's their choice what "Frist" they want to use. They could be reasonable if they wanted to. But Germans (again, in my own experience) just accept it as normal. I don't know why.

b) what's the problem? 8 or 9 months should be fucking plenty enough time to find out whether I like a service and wish to keep it or whether I wish to cancel it.

Yes, it should. But what's the point of such unreasonable time periods for notification? It's only hostile to the consumer, a kind of "gotcha" to catch out someone who forgets to cancel early enough. What's the win here from the side of the company? Will the customer feel good about having to pay for another year because they missed the cancellation deadline, and the company refused to be flexible?

And betcha, if it were 4 weeks or even 1 week, we'd still have people complaining.

No doubt. But I'm speaking of unreasonably long notification periods. 3 months on a one year subscription is a joke. For online services especially.

I operate a subscription service in a totally different industry. People subscribe to yearly contracts and can cancel right up to the last day. I would never think of doing otherwise -- it would be a slap in the face to my clients.

I can only speak from my own experience, but the issue is totally rampant in Germany. Every consumer must diligently study the contract details of every subscription-based service for fear of falling afoul of the regulations regarding notification dates. Germans have been trained to watch out for this. For an outsider who may be more accustomed to friendly, flexible companies, it can be a real shock, and can certainly catch one by surprise.

• @mfs said:

aj_potc said: at least 3 months notice of cancellation, they will renew your membership for another year.

well, it's not what happens here anyway I guess

I don't know where you are, but from the ADAC general terms:

"Die Kündigung der ADAC Mitgliedschaft kann nur schriftlich und nur zum
    Schluss der Beitragsperiode mit vierteljährlicher Frist erfolgen."

So, watch out! :-)

• @FredQc said:
    I received an answer to my question, it seems I have to pay another invoice... Not sure why as the current period was paid and it won't be renewed?

thank you for your request.

Your Servers are cancelled.
    Due to the contract and billing period you will get the last invoice for the
    v220171050 (...) 
    M it freundlichen Grüßen

your quote seems to be missing a quite essential part ;-)

you should not get another invoice anyways.

the BF2500 was that 8core/8GB blackfriday special. it's on a 3month billing and contract term and as far as I know their normal 31 day cancellation period applies to it - so you should be fine with it.

their control panel always shows the next best date for which a cancellation is possible - for me that is 23rd of may this year - so of course you cancelled in time it would display otherwise if not.

Thanked by 2mfs WSS
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

Falzo said: BF2500 was that 8core/8GB blackfriday special. it's on a 3month billing and contract term

oops missed the fact he was cancelling that one

• @aj_potc said:
    I can only speak from my own experience, but the issue is totally rampant in Germany. Every consumer must diligently study the contract details of every subscription-based service for fear of falling afoul of the regulations regarding notification dates. Germans have been trained to watch out for this. For an outsider who may be more accustomed to friendly, flexible companies, it can be a real shock, and can certainly catch one by surprise.

All clients in all countries should read and understand a contract they wish to engage in.

And yes, many companies in many countries use whatever space the law provides to the fullest extent. That's just our system, capitalism. But there are also many companies in many countries who are betting more on being nice - not because they are nice but because that's where they think the sweet spot is.

And please, those terms don't mean that, just assume, you, maybe due to a surprising job change, want to cancel early and netcup or whoever laughs devilishly and says "No. fuck you. You signed the contract and you won't escape, haha!". As far as I'm concerned I often found companies to be ready to change something or to accept early cancellation if one approaches them friendly and demonstrates good reasons.

Those TOS are a guide line and a way to not have to negotiate everything with each and every client. And btw. there's still laws trumping TOS in case a company goes insane (except monopolies, particularly monopolies co-owned by the state. NO company gets even close to the stubborness and insanity of state "enterprises").

As far as I'm concerned about the only thing I'd have to say to netcup is "you want international business. So make the fuck sure that international clients can understand the rules and the buttons to click".

• Canceled my server with them. OP clearly ended the contract by informing support.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • Damn just went to cancel mine and 4 days too late

The termination will take effect as soon as possible. Termination must be submitted at least 31 days prior to the next renewal of the contract, unless you have booked a hourly rate plan.
    If you wish to give notice of termination in writing, please send your letter by post, fax or as a PDF attachment.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • WSSWSS Member

I love how the OP goes "Oh, I misunderstood the terms", and the rest of the LET who jumped like hell at these deals immediately runs for the cancel button, afraid that they'll be billed for the time period that they agreed to.

• cxcoolcxcool Member
    edited January 2018

笑死我了,这煞笔公司。 Translation: Fuck this crappy company ...666666

• @WSS said:
    I love how the OP goes "Oh, I misunderstood the terms", and the rest of the LET who jumped like hell at these deals immediately runs for the cancel button, afraid that they'll be billed for the time period that they agreed to.

I just dont like the fact they hired collectors cause of misunderstanding.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

stefeman said: OP clearly ended the contract by informing support.

I missed that part. He admittedly only clicked a button and disregarded incoming bills, due to a misunderstanding.
    Unless you meant that he cancelled renewals. That's undisputed

WSS said: the rest of the LET who jumped like hell at these deals immediately runs for the cancel button

I don't get it as well, maybe most skipped the auto-renewal policies even if it was something well advertised here and there

aj_potc said: I don't know where you are, but from the ADAC general terms:

"Die Kündigung der ADAC Mitgliedschaft kann nur schriftlich und nur zum Schluss der Beitragsperiode mit vierteljährlicher Frist erfolgen."

So, watch out! :-)

Not German, but with the exception maybe of NL and BE, I've seen similar policies pretty much everywhere in Europe. Can vouch for IT, FR and ES

bsdguy said: I'd have to say to netcup is "you want international business. So make the fuck sure that international clients can understand the rules and the buttons to click"

They should really steal Katie from Hetzner... and the front-end dev who curated the cloud panel

• WSSWSS Member

@stefeman said:

@WSS said:

I just dont like the fact they hired collectors cause of misunderstanding.

What misunderstanding, exactly? OP ignored their following bills and requests for payment. What happens if you don't pay bills that you owe? If it's of anything substantial, they'll send a collector after you.

Thanked by 1Aidan