Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Provider in Toronto, Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Provider in Toronto, Canada

hybridizedhybridized Member
edited January 2018 in General

Hello, I am looking to rent a cheap VPS in the Canada, preferably in Toronto or Brampton area and I've got the following requirements:

Space: 10-15 GB , BW: 100-200GB , RAM: 500 MB - 1 GB , 3 additional IP4 , TUN/TAP enabled

Another requirement I have which is most important to me which is to get hosting from a provider who is not WELL KNOWN for providing hosting/servers etc. and their IP does geo-locate to Toronto/Brampton area. This is for stealth purposes and I've looked around for such a host but can't find anything I like. I will definitely reject any host which is linked with OVH Hosting since they are very well known and not good for stealth.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• How about Dediserve Toronto location. There might be some coupons/deals around.

No guarantees about STEALTHINESS

• hzrhzr Member
    edited January 2018

I have a block of Toronto/Ottawa residential FTTN IPs. However: I need to know exactly what you plan on doing with it. Can be no cost if legitimate purpose.

• @JoeMerit said:
    How about Dediserve Toronto location. There might be some coupons/deals around.

No guarantees about STEALTHINESS

No good for me.

• Can you clarify the intent of the provider not being known? A lesser known provider may not be very reliable (not a rule, but likely).
    Lunanode has a DC in Toronto, so you will get a Toronto IP.

• @ramesh_vish said:
    Can you clarify the intent of the provider not being known? A lesser known provider may not be very reliable (not a rule, but likely).
    Lunanode has a DC in Toronto, so you will get a Toronto IP.

More known hosts are usually over used and abused and their publicly posted whois information kills the purpose of stealth. So such hosts are no good for me.

• irmirm Member
    edited January 2018

https://www.lunanode.com/

have used them on and off for over a year now with zero issue and their Toronto location geo-locates to Toronto according to maxmind (at least the IP I have - 172.81.180.xxx).

as far as being "well known" goes, they don't seem to get much publicity on LET from what i've seen even though they're one of the most stable providers ive ever used. they do hourly billing with no minimum deposit (i think?) so you can maybe throw in $1 and try it out.

Thanked by 1hybridized
  • Seems you are set on finding a host with these narrow requirements and ignore every other constructive comment. All i can say is good luck. Your chances are very slim and even if you happen to find something it won't last unless the host is specialized in that kind of thing and you pay premium either because the range gets flagged or because the company deadpools.

Thanked by 1hybridized
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

How critical is it that you geolocate to Toronto? My main hosting is done from Winnipeg and only about 25ms away from Toronto, but my IPs do geolocate to Winnipeg. I could do 512MB RAM, 30GB HDD, 3TB transfer with 4 IPv4 for $5/mo.

Thanked by 1hybridized
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I don't get why you need a "stealth" provider. No provider is going to be "stealthy" for obvious (legal) reasons. If you need to "hide" dubious content, get a hosting from some Eastern European provider.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Using that word stealth just makes me wonder what illegal or inapproiate things you are wanting to do.

• @FHR said:
    I don't get why you need a "stealth" provider. No provider is going to be "stealthy" for obvious (legal) reasons. If you need to "hide" dubious content, get a hosting from some Eastern European provider.

Not hosting anything and not trying to hide anything dubious or illegal.

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Using that word stealth just makes me wonder what illegal or inapproiate things you are wanting to do.

Yeah I want to open a drug store and also planning to hack the web, cmon if you can't post a useful reply then simply don't reply.

• @freerangecloud said:
    How critical is it that you geolocate to Toronto? My main hosting is done from Winnipeg and only about 25ms away from Toronto, but my IPs do geolocate to Winnipeg. I could do 512MB RAM, 30GB HDD, 3TB transfer with 4 IPv4 for $5/mo.

Will you provide complete root access with SSH, a customer panel to manage the VPS and ability to add more IPv4 in future at $1/IP???

Also which virtualization will this be?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@hybridized Well you sound like you want to hide something by using the word "Stealth". Synonyms: furtiveness, secretiveness, secrecy, sneakiness, slyness. How hard is it to say im going to use it for a vpn etc?

• WSSWSS Member

@PieNotEvenEaten It's for something illegal, that's a given. Otherwise you don't need to be "stealth". Either for shows, shoes, or something else.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2018

• Any Vancouver suggestion?

• You might stealthily find some stealthified info in this super-stealthy thread from last year: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/109776/british-columbia-vps

Also bandwagonhost are excellent provider with Vancouver location - I would imagine them to be pretty well-known (popular in China even) so probably not particularly stealthy. They do provide interesting feature of migrating service location (to other U.S. west coast, NYC, Amsterdam). I expect they know what they are doing to quash abuse.

Thanked by 1hybridized