Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who are the best hosts you use that are not on LET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who are the best hosts you use that are not on LET

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hi Folks,

As per the title, who are the best hosts you use that are not on LET, by best I do not mean cheapest or necessarily fastest or even VPS/Dedi specific, more along the lines of your old faithful that just keep going and going and going, i.e. you can sleep at night knowing they won't let you down?

For me, it would have to be racksrv (VPS) and ioflood (Dedi)

Racksrv I have known the owner (online) since about 1999 I watched his company grow, he started in the game server business then it matured, it just works, and if for some uncontrollable reason it does not, they are on it and know exactly what they are doing.

ioflood I have used for around 7 years now, they have true 24x7 support and even the 1st line guys give meaningful technical responses, Gabe (the owner) has been in the business for years, the company seems the stable and steady type over flashy promises, they would always be my go-to guys for west coast Dedi's

Thanked by 2MichaelCee Ympker

Comments

• I think this has been asked before several times. And my answer always is Codero and Crocweb. Top quality support from them.

Glad to know your experience with Ioflood. I'm trying to be their customer but they are quite expensive to my current needs.

• Six years using Linode and I don't think they are here on LET yet...

• Mine is also my inspiration to get into the industry, zFast Technologies. I found them on a Habbo fansite forum in about 2009 or 2010, used them on and off since and never had any huge issue for shared or VPS.

I'm just hoping they get into KVM soon, so I can hop on.

• qtwrkqtwrk Member
    edited January 2018

netcup for VPS and namecheap for shared hosting

• WSSWSS Member

I really don't want them to attract LET's attention- they're priced out of the LET general use, and they've done nothing to deserve it. I used them for 15 years; there was one outage of roughly an hour- and they called me to notify me of it.

• Leaseweb.

Thanked by 2Xei pike
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2018

Anyone recall JaguarPC? I used to use him for about 9 years for a semi-dedicated hosting when it was a thing back in early 2000. He's still around, I believe.

He started out as a reseller and got himself set up in a company now. The dude's doing well from what I hear.

I moved out because I needed something else, not because his service sucked.

• 100% AWS. Whilst their pricing is shitty, they've never failed my organisation.

NetCup also comes to mind, they're only "decent" though.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @Infinity's outfit, Fiberoute. No matter what I'm after, he's got a custom plan for me.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Nekki said:
    @Infinity's outfit, Fiberoute. No matter what I'm after, he's got a custom plan for me.

How can you tag him when he's not on LET ;)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2018

Studying 24/7 atm so wont comment why I like them (maybe later) but:

All-Inkl for web hosting

PHP Friends

Namecheap for domains I guess

• lion said: How can you tag him when he's not on LET ;)

He/they don't advertise and aren't active as hosts on LET, he's occasionally here as a member only. That work for you?

• Linode and ioflood, though I'm currently on the fence regarding Linode, I've moved some services away from them recently (mainly for financial reasons, using more LE providers for older projects where I get more for my money).

• @dacentec they have a rep here but don't advertive here I believe.

Same with DbD.

Joe's Datacenter

The usual.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

I used IOFlood back a looonnng time ago when I was pretty dumb (thinking back, I probably asked him some foolish questions), he was always helpful, gave good prices for that period of time (even swapped a brand new CPU when it was released). He's one guy that I hope never has trouble.

I know many people don't like LimestoneNetworks, and I was told why and never knew about it, but their support team back when I used them in 2011-2013 was literally the best of the best. Always had a response to support tickets in minutes, if not seconds. I was able to go through their DC once back then and you can tell they actually enjoyed their job. They're too expensive now though.

• @AuroraZ said:
    @dacentec they have a rep here but don't advertive here I believe.

Same with DbD.

Joe's Datacenter

The usual.

What does DbD stand for again, i'm having a brain fart.

• Nothing but amazing things to say about PhoenixNAP. Utilizing their vCenter VPDC offering. 200+Gb RAM and 300+ CPU Cores.

• @6ixth said:

@AuroraZ said:

Same with DbD.

Joe's Datacenter

The usual.

Database By Design

Thanked by 2Clouvider Zen
  • WSSWSS Member

@Aidan said:

@6ixth said:

@AuroraZ said:

Same with DbD.

Joe's Datacenter

The usual.

Database By Design

DoesntBother(with tickets)Dedicated

Thanked by 3MasonR NodePing Cam
  • teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@Aidan said:

@6ixth said:

@AuroraZ said:

Same with DbD.

Joe's Datacenter

The usual.

Database By Design

DoesntBother(with tickets)Dedicated

Don't Be a Dick (although your statement is true)

Thanked by 2MasonR WSS
  • bigscoots

• WSSWSS Member

@teamacc said:

I guess you've not had too many direct conversations with Scott- He literally ignores you until you fling insults. I miss my gear there, but I just couldn't justify the cost anymore. Now I'm rocking NetCup for at least a year and I have nothing to do but general maintenance.

..had I known that Hetzner was coming out with their hourly solution..

Anyhow, my favorite shared hosting providers is ICDSoft. Their prices are still like 2003ish, but they're bulletproof. No adult, no bullshit. They actually installed some modules for PHP and Perl in the past, and their custom management panel is sublime. Sometimes I wish I had an excuse to use them more often.

• @WSS said:

@teamacc said:

I guess you've not had too many direct conversations with Scott- He literally ignores you until you fling insults. I miss my gear there, but I just couldn't justify the cost anymore. Now I'm rocking NetCup for at least a year and I have nothing to do but general maintenance.

..had I known that Hetzner was coming out with their hourly solution..

Anyhow, my favorite shared hosting providers is ICDSoft. Their prices are still like 2003ish, but they're bulletproof. No adult, no bullshit. They actually installed some modules for PHP and Perl in the past, and their custom management panel is sublime. Sometimes I wish I had an excuse to use them more often.

Does DbD allow you to switch SSD's for HDD's?

• WSSWSS Member

@6ixth said:

You'll have to open a ticket. Some of their hardware isn't exchangeable/user servicable.

• hzrhzr Member

Bytemark

• @WSS said:

@6ixth said:

You'll have to open a ticket. Some of their hardware isn't exchangeable/user servicable.

What's their network like, decent to EU at all? Thinking of hosting Plex on it.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@6ixth said:

@WSS said:

@6ixth said:

It's OK; never actually streamed to the EU from it. He does have a nice network setup. If you ever need something that you can't handle yourself over iDRAC/IPMI, you're going to wait. A lot.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@6ixth said:

@WSS said:

@6ixth said:

It's pretty solid and they have some fiber directly to NYC. I have a few boxes with them running game servers and other various things. Let me know if you want me to run any tests.

Thanked by 16ixth
  • @MasonR said:

@6ixth said:

@WSS said:

@6ixth said:

It's pretty solid and they have some fiber directly to NYC. I have a few boxes with them running game servers and other various things. Let me know if you want me to run any tests.

Would you mind just uploading a 1Gb file and linking me it? Just to see what download I can get, i'd appreciate it.

@WSS said:

@6ixth said:

@WSS said:

@6ixth said:

It's OK; never actually streamed to the EU from it. He does have a nice network setup. If you ever need something that you can't handle yourself over iDRAC/IPMI, you're going to wait. A lot.

Yeah, I don't need support at all. As long as I can reinstall the OS, I'm good.

• kasslekassle Member
    edited January 2018

shared hosting = hobohost (great service, LET price, but small spec)

vps = openvirtuals (they ever share promo on LEB tho)