Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IOS in VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IOS in VPS?

WHTWHT Member

Hello everyone.

Just curious: can iOS be installed in a KVM VPS? I have never seen such thing before. Was googling but nothing found. Thank you.

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Just install OS X Server on KVM, then run an iOS simulator. But beware of ToS that stated nested virtualization is not allowed.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Cisco iOS or Apple iOS?

• short answer: no

long answer: no

detailed answer: no

• OSX server will work fine. Set it up with a browser based GUI and then you can install chrome and install addons to run things in iOS.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • WSSWSS Member

@FHR said:
    Cisco iOS or Apple iOS?

Oh god I just had a PIX flashback.

Thanked by 2michaels VirtualByte
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

natively probably not no, it was never intended to run on an intel/amd based VM, pretty sure you could be emulated it in some other way though.

OSX server + iOS simulator wont work, it needs 3d acceleration, so for sure not on a VM I guess, you would probably need to take a dedicated server from Ikoula with a gfx card (only budget option I know of with a gfx card) and somehow install osx in that to do it.

So possible, maybe, useable, not sure.

Let us know either way though.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-virtual-machine-announced-heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-it/

Could be a publicity stunt but I don't see the benefits of that really. Whatever comes of this may potentially change the answer to your question.

• WHTWHT Member

Well the point was to install macos but I thought its called ios. Found a tutorial how to do it, thank you for the participation.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ah lol, yeah that is not as complex

• Why? It's basically a restricted BSD setup on os x. No reason to run a i os server tough. You'd be really limited on what you could do and doubt reliable uptime would trump a Linux setup