Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VENETX aka HostSlayer is selling business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VENETX aka HostSlayer is selling business

Just in case anyone is still with them (which I highly doubt given they have been banned from let) it might be time to jump ship.

Thanked by 1Aidan

Comments

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited January 2018

VENETX aka 'DMCA Ignored provider' with US servers.

cluck

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@6ixth said:

BRODA SHOW ME THE WAY

• WSSWSS Member

@BlaZe said:

@6ixth said:

BRODA SHOW ME THE WAY

*click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click*

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • Happy to see that we destroyed your shithole @VPSlices. Enjoy.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@somewhatwindy said:
    Happy to see that we destroyed your shithole @VPSlices. Enjoy.

Don't sugarcoat it. What do you really think of @VPSlices?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

On February 1st 2018, HostSlim B.V. has aquired HostSlayer LLC.

Just got this spam this morning, hot off the presses! So now it looks like they are back on these forums. Oh well, it was quiet while it lasted.

https://pastebin.com/k0keRWVn

Thanked by 2Ympker MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@KuJoe said:

On February 1st 2018, HostSlim B.V. has aquired HostSlayer LLC.

Just got this spam this morning, hot off the presses! So now it looks like they are back on these forums. Oh well, it was quiet while it lasted.

https://pastebin.com/k0keRWVn

Got it as well... or my Spam folder did, I guess. @VPSSLIM is taking over the business so we'll see how it goes. Tried to unsubscribe from the email list but the link goes to a 404, just like the company did.

Thanked by 1KuJoe

KuJoe said: So now it looks like they are back on these forums.

Still banned :-)

That email is pretty awful...in the first paragraph they're already addressing concerns before they even tell you what's happened.

I briefly wondered if the company was Host Slayer or Hosts Layer, but then I remembered I didn't really care.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Shouldn't matter at all, lifetime > some random purchase.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Why on earth would anyone buy a company worth 0, the costs of doing the acquisition paperwork would cost more than the value of the company, they had not even been running long enough to file.

Sounds like a bedroom empire story to me, they have already been trying to get the Hostslayer account unbanned.

Thanked by 2jar Aidan
  • AnthonySmith said: the costs of doing the acquisition paperwork would cost more than the value of the company

PayPal fees are quite low actually.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@AnthonySmith said:
    Why on earth would anyone buy a company worth 0, the costs of doing the acquisition paperwork would cost more than the value of the company, they had not even been running long enough to file.

Sounds like a bedroom empire story to me, they have already been trying to get the Hostslayer account unbanned.

Perhaps they are desperate for some PR juice. Spamming can only get so far.

Aidan said: PayPal fees are quite low actually.

Associating yourself with spammers and hosts that promote illegal activities, priceless.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • They were already the biggest spammers on LET ever, just adding some blackhat / warez stuff to it now.

• @AnthonySmith said:

1. Cheap
    2. Client data to spam
    3. Seo (redirect the website)

@WHT ok let me rephrase, why would anyone with self-respect, integrity and without plans to do the same buy a company......

• @AnthonySmith said:
    @WHT ok let me rephrase, why would anyone with self-respect

..asks the LET mod to the LETters.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    @WHT ok let me rephrase, why would anyone with self-respect, integrity and without plans to do the same buy a company......

I told you the plan he have. He have our data to spam us. And am sure this was a penny deal as all clients left.

Jack said: @AnthonySmith they are known for smashing kit up due to poor packaging & not being that responsive to customers anyway, I don't think this will tarnish anything.

In the interest of fairness, that was never actually proven.

• @raindog308 said: I briefly wondered if the company was Host Slayer or Hosts Layer, but then I remembered I didn't really care.

So a host slayer would be someone who slays hosts? Or a hosts layer would be someone who lays hosts?

Thanked by 2omelas mikei
  • @angstrom said:

@raindog308 said: I briefly wondered if the company was Host Slayer or Hosts Layer, but then I remembered I didn't really care.

So a host slayer would be someone who slays hosts? Or a hosts layer would be someone who lays hosts?

Been there. Done that.

• @WSS said:

@angstrom said:

@raindog308 said: I briefly wondered if the company was Host Slayer or Hosts Layer, but then I remembered I didn't really care.

Been there. Done that.

I suspect that you have a dirty mind!

I was thinking that a Catholic priest who lays hosts on the altar could be considered a "hosts layer".

• @angstrom said:
    I was thinking that a Catholic priest who lays hosts on the altar could be considered a "hosts layer".

You typo'd that. Also, they tend to bend over the pages, so..

• @WSS said:

@angstrom said:

You typo'd that. Also, they tend to bend over the pages, so..

Well, you know, brick layer, why not host(s) layer?

(Anyway, I'll stop being silly for now.)

angstrom said: So a host slayer would be someone who slays hosts? Or a hosts layer would be someone who lays hosts?

Sexually, I prefer a Soft Layer to a Hosts Layer. But that's just me.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

Jack said: @AnthonySmith they are known for smashing kit up due to poor packaging & not being that responsive to customers anyway, I don't think this will tarnish anything.

In the interest of fairness, that was never actually proven.

In fairness it was most definetely proven but LET is filled with people who want a book of documented evidence to back up any review posted LOL. I never gained access into my Skype account at the end of the day, Microsoft won't reset it but there's a reason HostSlim never responded whenever someone asked if they said they would keep the box and responded to everything else xd.

In light of that, the rails they sent back aren't even mine and I am still missing my second set of rails which they are currently unable to find and keep sending me pictures of random rails asking if they are mine.

edited February 2018

6ixth said: In fairness it was most definetely proven but LET is filled with people who want a book of documented evidence to back up any review posted LOL. I never gained access into my Skype account at the end of the day, Microsoft won't reset it but there's a reason HostSlim never responded whenever someone asked if they said they would keep the box and responded to everything else xd.

In light of that, the rails they sent back aren't even mine and I am still missing my second set of rails which they are currently unable to find and keep sending me pictures of random rails asking if they are mine.

Les not drag one thread into another, 90% of your material loss is claimed as damage due to improper shipping, all you posted in relation to that specifically is a screenshot of them saying they no longer have your box and you decided not to pony up for a replacement.

I am more than happy for you to bump your thread, it takes all of 20 minutes to get through to someone at MS on the phone to make a payment to verify your id and recover your skype account.

So no, it was not proven, it was suggested and not backed up, an absence of proof is not proof.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

6ixth said: In fairness it was most definetely proven but LET is filled with people who want a book of documented evidence to back up any review posted LOL. I never gained access into my Skype account at the end of the day, Microsoft won't reset it but there's a reason HostSlim never responded whenever someone asked if they said they would keep the box and responded to everything else xd.

Les not drag one thread into another, 90% of your material loss is claimed as damage due to improper shipping, all you posted in relation to that specifically is a screenshot of them saying they no longer have your box and you decided not to pony up for a replacement.

I am more than happy for you to bump your thread, it takes all of 20 minutes to get through to someone at MS on the phone to make a payment to verify your id and recover your skype account.

So no, it was not proven, it was suggested and not backed up.

Well I never 'ponied' up for a new box as they told me they had a box lmao, you seen the Skype conversations.... And I spoke with a Microsoft manager who said they won't remove the block so I'm unaware of where you are getting that information from.

Back on track however, HostSlayer is dodgy as fuck. I nearly got banned on WHT because I apparently am affiliated with him and I have no clue who he is lol.

6ixth said: Well I never 'ponied' up for a new box as they told me they had a box lmao, you seen the Skype conversations....

Like I said feel free to bump your own thread with a screenshot of them saying they had your box.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

raindog308 said: Still banned :-)

The new owner is not, essentially giving them a loophole to advertising I think.