Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedi. Nothing flash
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedi. Nothing flash

Need a cheap dedi, nothing too flash.. I'm currently on a vps @ waveride but looking for a cheap dedi to host a couple of sites off nothing too mega powerful. Even a cheap as single core atom would probably do

Comments

• Online.net? They have a $10 dedi, 160gb hard drive, "unlimited" 1gbps, VIA processor and 2gb of ram. Closest thing to a Kimsufi at the moment.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Add "Looking for" into the thread title, and stop wasting people's time (of those who open this thread thinking you're selling).

• a cheap dedi with a shitty atom cpu

• Well it is in the requests section
    Online.net doesn't sell to Australians as far as I can tell. Tried to order and it wouldn't let me

• So what do you need the dedi for, what do you want to host? And why not continue using Waveride? Also, what's your budget?

• Well the waveride node that I am on seems VERY overloaded. I struggled to download 1gb file from my dedi in Netherlands (took about 3 hours and 6 tries) and drive was so full I couldn't even do a sql query.
    Couple of hosted sites and two billing panels. And in the next few weeks will have a forum up there.
    I would just rather have some dedicated resources when I actually need them and have the speed I want when transferring between servers.

Budget is around 20usd a month

I had my eyes on a ARM server from reliablesite but they are sold out

• I got an> @AutoSnipe said:

Well the waveride node that I am on seems VERY overloaded. I struggled to download 1gb file from my dedi in Netherlands (took about 3 hours and 6 tries) and drive was so full I couldn't even do a sql query.
    Couple of hosted sites and two billing panels. And in the next few weeks will have a forum up there.
    I would just rather have some dedicated resources when I actually need them and have the speed I want when transferring between servers.

Budget is around 20usd a month

I had my eyes on a ARM server from reliablesite but they are sold out

Dedi's for $20 a month, going to be a bit of a dig with OVH out of stock at the moment.

To bad about Reliable Site too I also wanted one of those ARM Servers :(

• Well, i have a dedi for about $20 a month, but it's quite far away from Australia (maybe as far away as it gets).

• @rds100 said:
    Well, i have a dedi for about $20 a month, but it's quite far away from Australia (maybe as far away as it gets).

He is OK with europe locations such as Austria and Netherlands, I don't think he would have problems with your Bulgarian dedis.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Well the waveride node that I am on seems VERY overloaded. I struggled to download 1gb file from my dedi in Netherlands (took about 3 hours and 6 tries) and drive was so full I couldn't even do a sql query.

I had the same problem trying to do a small backup from my Waveride VPS to my backup server this week. A few GB's took 6 hours. It looks like someone is abusing the hell out of the i/o on the node

> ioping -c 10 /tmp
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=1 time=7.2 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=2 time=5.0 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=3 time=1.4 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=4 time=181.7 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=5 time=65.9 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=6 time=4.0 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=7 time=2083.4 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=8 time=297.6 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=9 time=16.8 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=10 time=3.4 ms

--- /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 11668.2 ms, 4 iops, 0.0 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 1.4/266.6/2083.4/612.9 ms
    > ioping -c 10 /tmp
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=1 time=2.9 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=2 time=3.3 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=3 time=44.0 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=4 time=3.6 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=5 time=10.1 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=6 time=5.8 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=7 time=3.7 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=8 time=0.9 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=9 time=6.6 ms
    4096 bytes from /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106): request=10 time=1.3 ms

--- /tmp (simfs /vz/private/106) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9083.1 ms, 122 iops, 0.5 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.9/8.2/44.0/12.2 ms
  • Waveride is ungoverned and oversold from my experience, otherwise the vps is great until it reaches the oom and zero hdd allocation and it will.