Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[request] East Coast US 2GB KVM vps custom install ability
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[request] East Coast US 2GB KVM vps custom install ability

Hi

I need a 2gb KVM run VPS in the east coast north american area.
I prefer running on fedora so the ability to install custom iso or this being available at version 27 is a must

would like this to be around 5 dollars a month

Comments

• Disk? IPv6 required? IPv4 required?

These days, I feel like there should be a predefined template for requests. That way, no missing information.

But from what I can tell, 2GB+KVM for $5/month might be a stretch.

• ipv4 required disk size can be at least 10g

• not a nat vps :P

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

VirMach's 2G KVM [no affiliate code] with 35GB in New York is $7/mo using coupon code "LEB30".

They're stable as hell, and you can easily tunnel your own IPv6 from Hurricane with no issues.

Thanked by 1RackerJack
  • You'd better increase your budget.

• i dont think my budget is crazy considering now i have 3x 8gb vps's from wishosting at 5.99 dollars a pop and 3 1gb vps's from arubacloud for 1 euro a pop.....

• So you want someone to offer you a loss leader?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @Aidan said:
    So you want someone to offer you a loss leader?

what does this even mean?

• Longer billing periods?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • sure i would be willing to pay per q or longer

@Hoost said:
    Longer billing periods?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited January 2018

Chicago or North Carolina $21/Semi-Annually: Code TWOGB

Thanked by 1RackerJack
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

@RackerJack said:

@Aidan said:
    So you want someone to offer you a loss leader?

what does this even mean?

It means he thinks nobody is going to make a profit on what you're asking for. I'd be inclined to agree with him.

• RackerJackRackerJack Member
    edited January 2018

@Hoost said:

thanks made my order don't think anyone can beat that

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • WSSWSS Member

@RackerJack said:

@Hoost said:

thanks made my order don't think anyone can beat that

Tell Michael to "bring back the boobs."

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Its not THAT unreasonable. I feel like if a provider trusted him they would offer it

• WSSWSS Member

@sureiam said:
    Its not THAT unreasonable. I feel like if a provider trusted him they would offer it

Sometimes, they like to pay for the services they offer, too.

• 2GB RAM, 80GB Disk, $30/semi-annually in Miami.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

@sureiam said:
    Its not THAT unreasonable. [...]

Seems reasonable enough to me. Maybe mid-range of low-end for current low-end pricing (if that makes any sense.)

Looks like @Hoost (new provider) managed 50% discount from $7 down to $3.5/m for 6-month billing period with 50 GB hard drive. Okay, this one does seem like "loss-leader" promotional price - got them the sale for this request.

HostHatch (established provider) offers 2 GB kvm with 20 GB NVMe disk for $5, standard monthly price (but in LA, not east coast).

OVH (VC-funded behemoth) charges $4.47 monthly for a 2 GB kvm with 10 GB SSD (in BHS, east coast Canada)

A few more data points to estimate "reasonable" range for 2 GB kvm with east coast locations: Checking in with the mighty @Virmach - currently offers $10 standard monthly pricing for this with 35 GB RAID-10 SSD. Also Vultr and Digital Ocean do 2 GB kvm (with 40 or 50 GB SSD, respectively) for $10 monthly. So that is indeed well above $5 for these established providers, even considering any possible discount.

• WSSWSS Member

@uptime - using "LEB30", @Virmach drops to $7/mo, fwiw..

Thanked by 1uptime
  • williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

I don't know the custom install situation but OVH's VPS-SSD-1 is $4.47/m monthly or $3.47/m annually, 2GB ram, 10GB SSD, unmetered 100 mbps with DDOS protection included. I had one in BHS for a year and it was very solid. I think Fedora (don't know what version) may be available as one of their standard installs.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@WSS said:
    @uptime - using "LEB30", @Virmach drops to $7/mo, fwiw..

Actually "LEB35" drops another 5 more percent

Thanked by 2WSS uptime
  • WSSWSS Member

Does LEBDEBIANTHX do anything?

• @uptime said:

@sureiam said:
    Its not THAT unreasonable. [...]

Seems reasonable enough to me. Maybe mid-range of low-end for current low-end pricing (if that makes any sense.)

Looks like @Hoost (new provider) managed 50% discount from $7 down to $3.5/m for 6-month billing period with 50 GB hard drive. Okay, this one does seem like "loss-leader" promotional price - got them the sale for this request.

>

When shall one no longer be considered new?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

ummmm maybe once one stops changing the spelling/hyphenization of ones name for a few months? Sorry if I haven't been paying much attention - how long has @Hoost (or by any other name) been a provider of fine fine superfine low-end VPSen ?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited January 2018

@uptime said:
    ummmm maybe once one stops changing the spelling/hyphenization of ones name for a few months? Sorry if I haven't been paying much attention - how long has @Hoost (or by any other name) been a provider of fine fine superfine low-end VPSen ?

Jarland changed my name because LET software doesn't support tagging users with hyphens in their name on the older version. I have been a provider for two years under this company.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Fair enough! And I see your LET account name was previously CeeHosting. Anyway congratulations on 2 years of successful Ho-osting, here's hoping for many more!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • WSSWSS Member

He puts the Ho in Ho-osting.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @RackerJack said:
    i dont think my budget is crazy considering now i have 3x 8gb vps's from wishosting at 5.99 dollars a pop and 3 1gb vps's from arubacloud for 1 euro a pop.....

Aruba is crap, don't use it a meter.
    They replied to me, when I reported a lot of lost packets, "upgrade to an expensive plan".

• How exactly do you ost a ho, anyway? And is it legal outside of certain counties in NV?

• @Steve81 said:

@RackerJack said:
    i dont think my budget is crazy considering now i have 3x 8gb vps's from wishosting at 5.99 dollars a pop and 3 1gb vps's from arubacloud for 1 euro a pop.....

Aruba is crap, don't use it a meter.
    They replied to me, when I reported a lot of lost packets, "upgrade to an expensive plan".

ive had a good experience using there CZ DC the IT one was a bit crap

Thanked by 1Steve81