Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's my cheapest option ? Windows VPS on SG
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's my cheapest option ? Windows VPS on SG

Sometimes I need to do stuff which requires Windows.

I have a few Windows VPS but using RDP on US / EU server is very emotional consuming.

I am from Indonesia and I need a better option.

I am fine with trial license. Any recommendations ?

Budget : $1 - $10 / month. or $30 a year.

Comments

• @yokowasis said:
    Sometimes I need to do stuff which requires Windows.

I have a few Windows VPS but using RDP on US / EU server is very emotional consuming.

I am from Indonesia and I need a better option.

I am fine with trial license. Any recommendations ?

Budget : $1 - $10 / month. or $30 a year.

Best i was try is vultr bro

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2018

@dediserve has some stuff in indonesia that might run windows. Also in SG.

• Thanks.

Also please DO NOT PM ME. I avoid doing shady business with shady people.

• It seems dediserve is somewhat SPLA bound for you to license the windows on their vpsses, some old thread was talking about "booting from custom isos" which was "coming soon (c) (tm)". Might wanna ask them for that instead of windows.

• @teamacc said:
    It seems dediserve is somewhat SPLA bound for you to license the windows on their vpsses, some old thread was talking about "booting from custom isos" which was "coming soon (c) (tm)". Might wanna ask them for that instead of windows.

Yeah. I can't bring my own license. Let alone trial license. Maybe @dediserve can provide enlightenment about this.

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited January 2018

Vultr is your best bet for this. Sideload VirtIO into your own ISO and you're good to go.

Snapshot the VPS when you're done, trash the instance and you pay nothing until you next have to use the Windows server (For now)

• Confirmed, all SPLA providers sign a contract with MS saying they agree to provide only SPLA licenses on their platform, with us, as with most providers, you must use our SPLA licensing on our VMs. Uploading a custom ISO doesn't allow you to get around that obligation.

• As I know host4fun has SG VPS for $5/month. And they provide Windows Trial Version.

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • @jholycloud said:
    As I know host4fun has SG VPS for $5/month. And they provide Windows Trial Version.

Their website shows $7 a month. unless @riyad want to throw some coupon to bring down the price ?

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

We are already offering one of the cheapest 2GB KVM VPS at Singapore location.So no further discount will be possible at this moment.

We are in the process of releasing new product at Singapore location with SSD Storage at LowEnd Price .

Thanked by 1onemanshow
  • @RIYAD where is your SGP hosted at, may I ask?

@caracal Telstra DC & Equinix

Thanked by 1caracal
  • You could also just go for OVH directly in SG and install windows on it using the "joodle method". 1GB for 5 usd/month, or 2 for 10/month

• @yokowasis said:

@jholycloud said:
    As I know host4fun has SG VPS for $5/month. And they provide Windows Trial Version.

Their website shows $7 a month. unless @riyad want to throw some coupon to bring down the price ?

Oh my bad. But $7/month is still in your budget range, isn't it ?

• @teamacc said:
    You could also just go for OVH directly in SG and install windows on it using the "joodle method". 1GB for 5 usd/month, or 2 for 10/month

I tried to order from them few months ago with their verification method is a pain in the ass. It took days for them to reply my verification inquiry. It's not even asking for support for my service. I am literally asking for them to accept my money. What took them so long? I am totally fine with verification. But not when it tooks literally days to even reply. I gave up. Unless their price is something that I can not find on anywhere else.

@jholycloud said:

@yokowasis said:

@jholycloud said:

Oh my bad. But $7/month is still in your budget range, isn't it ?

Yes, it is. But for $7, I probably go to $10 vultr route. It's not like I am going to use it 24/7 as a server. I am going to use it probably a few hours a day. with vultr hourly billing I might end up only paying $5 a month.

Quick Question :
    Is vultr also charging for turned-off instance ? I know Google Cloud didn't.

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited January 2018

Vultr charges for turned off instance. You’d need to delete the instance. They don’t, however, charge for snapshots (yet)

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • dediserve is good.
    but not their shopping cart. from indonesia is way too lag.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

we sell SG vps and server.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Pzea said:

I don't think it fits OP requirements

• @Pzea said:

OP: What is my cheapest option?

You: Have a link to a page titled "not cheap server"

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @mgilang said:
    dediserve is good.
    but not their shopping cart. from indonesia is way too lag.

So, I heard. Except I have to pay a lot more for the license.

@Pzea said:

You have a Windows vps on SG under $10 a month ?

Or you only have generic Linux vps ?

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

Hi @yokowasis,

You can try us, but at this time we are still developing our products (we have not yet released our VPS/cloud package for Asia, indeed). The roadmap for 2018: Changes all hardwares to SSD based (some of them NVMe will be) and releasing the Asia VPS product. So, if you currently able to accept downtime, might be coming short, in this March?

We are currently hosted our Indonesia's at Cyber 2 Tower (Tier-III) Jakarta and Our Singapores at 110 Paya Lebar (Telstra), but in March 2018 we will be moving our Singapore servers to Equinix SG1, utilizing 11 upstreams. You might try our Indonesias, using the same bandwidth as our Singapores (as we have a very good capacity over Jakarta - Singapore). Our intention is similar to Tax Amnesty.

We will endorse anyone who use Singapore or outside Indonesia location for hosting to come home back to Indonesia, and we are a legal entity in Indonesia, paying tax and do legit things in Indonesia. We believe that the afraid of lacking of International bandwidth anymore pursuing the scarcity why they put the servers outside, will no longer be an issue.

We are a neighboring racks of dediserve (utilizing NME) in Indonesia at Cyber 2 (We are at ND3 room, the newest DC room with Vesda protection). You can search our ASN is 55664, has an advantage of direct peer to IIX (for Indonesia connection). http://lg.iix.net.id

If you are at Jakarta, feel free to come by and site visit at our Cyber 2 Tower racks.

Thanked by 1andiklive
  • winnervps said: We will endorse anyone who use Singapore or outside Indonesia location for hosting to come home back to Indonesia

If you have ~USD2/mo plan count me in

Thanked by 1winnervps
  • @winnervps said:
    Hi @yokowasis,

You can try us, but at this time we are still developing our products (we have not yet released our VPS/cloud package for Asia,

How much a month ?

Thanked by 1winnervps
  • That sometimes is better off as never.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

@teamacc said:

@Pzea said:

OP: What is my cheapest option?

You: Have a link to a page titled "not cheap server"

a ha, hahahaha. because too many less than $10 or $5 a year vps.

• OVH VPS SG, install windows using tutorial on the internet

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited January 2018

Amazon Lightsail is just $10/m for Windows

edited January 2018

We can now offer SSD KVM VPS at Singapore Location :

2GB Ram
    2xCPU Core
    25GB SSD Storage
    400GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port Speed !
    20Gbps DDoS Protection
    Price : $7/months

Order Link : https://client.host4fun.com/cart.php?gid=49

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

@NanoG6 said:
    If you have ~USD2/mo plan count me in

We will definitely and seriously take this into our consideration. @NanoG6 r u interested in any mutual benefit cooperation? Such as partnership, etc.? We'd been going with no luck in our previous negotiation with others so that we will definitely direct selling into our own VPS product. If you are capable in doing that, we'll be surely open to any negotiation and withdraw any of our VPS products (as we don't want to compete with our own clients).

@yokowasis said:
    How much a month ?

As we have not yet released, I can invite you to test the water (our bandwidth at Jakarta location). Please feel free to use the link and subscribe the one meet your requirements. I've sent you a direct cart link in your PM to prohibit someone else digging down to it at first.

Our SG 110 Paya Lebar's upstream is currently with a DDoS Protected, but we do not satisfy with their routes. So we will move out to Equinix SG1 and just null routed. But Indonesia is working great with DDoS Protection. That's what we need to endorse anyone from Indonesia that would be better to use Indonesia rather than SG.