Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About hetzner server and VT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About hetzner server and VT

smicrozsmicroz Member
edited January 2018 in General

Hi,

I'm looking request hetzner server for virtualization with solusvm.

Does it work with Pvlan? (I do not want to make the routed configuration)
How works Hetzner with this server? I supposed to that not have IPMI... then how I can reinstall OS with Solusvm requerimients...

Has anyone used it before?

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax60-ssd

Rgds,
Eduardo

Comments

• Ask for KVM 'spider' from support.

Else, install proxmox 5.1 on Hetzner debian Stretch template, if you just need it for personal KVM and skip Solus.

• WSSWSS Member

..or install kvm by itself and learn how to use virt-install/virt-manager.

Thanked by 3mfs vimalware fLoo
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

You can ask hetzner to enable/disable bios settings if wanted.

Thats not OVH.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

That's what I'm doing with my Hetzner box - should be ready for the summer ;)

• For some OS's CentOS included you can start a VNC install - and get a standard graphical network install. https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/VNC-Installationen/en

Note - The install script for their images also do give you control over partitioning.

• @Mr_Tom said:

@WSS said:

That's what I'm doing with my Hetzner box - should be ready for the summer ;)

Summerhost ... ? ;-)

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

svmo said: Summerhost ... ? ;-)

I thought there wasn't enough already....

It's actually for my own personal VPS. It's an older machine as was from their server auction but all the virtualisation stuff is setup in the bios/etc, just a case of adding the kernel modules.

I'm using Debian BTW. The auction servers come in a recovery mode, and their "installimage" command is very easy to use, including setting up RAID.

Thanked by 1svmo
  • @smicroz said:
    Hi,

I'm looking request hetzner server for virtualization with solusvm.

Does it work with Pvlan? (I do not want to make the routed configuration)
    How works Hetzner with this server? I supposed to that not have IPMI... then how I can reinstall OS with Solusvm requerimients...

Has anyone used it before?

Looks like you can request a virtual MAC sddress for each additional IP you get.
    If your reason for avoiding a routed setup is waste of extra addresses - it is possible to use all addresses and avoid wasting 2 - set up routing with "link-local" address for the gateway's

Yummy ... want one when they get them with 2x6TB hdd ;-)

Until that happens - I will have to make do with the 2x4T i2600 i picked up recently ...

• Thx guys I will try hetzner. Apparently its most complex config, but I need trying with solusvm.

I'm registered in robot hetzner, but my first doubs is if the support it's only available the monday to friday?? (I can't open a ticket now)

Rgds,
    Eduardo

• WSSWSS Member

When the miners can't prepay worthless buttcoins anymore, the prices will drop about 20-30% accordingly.

I also had NO issue using bridging and setting my own MAC addresses with Hetzner. It took minutes to get my entire set of various VPS onto a single hunk of metal.

• @WSS said:
    When the miners can't prepay worthless buttcoins anymore, the prices will drop about 20-30% accordingly.

I also had NO issue using bridging and setting my own MAC addresses with Hetzner. It took minutes to get my entire set of various VPS onto a single hunk of metal.

What relationship do miners have with this issue?

• @wss
    Didn't a previous poster say that a few threads ago.

• WSSWSS Member

@smicroz said:

@WSS said:

What relationship do miners have with this issue?

They suck.

@hammer said:
    @wss
    Didn't a previous poster say that a few threads ago.

Weren't you paying attention, either?