Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amount of Hosting Site on VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amount of Hosting Site on VPS

How many wordpress site may I host on following vps without any server down issue? There will be 20k-30k visitor per month on each site.

CPU: Intel Xeon E5 - 2630 v3 @2.40GHz
Core: 2
Ram: 2GB + 1GB Swap
Bandwidth: 4TB, 400MBPS port Speed.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

How long is a string?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • An African or an European swal... vps?

• You could use some of these sites that simulate the load you're asking about but you want somebody to tell you.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

kazishaheb said: 20k-30k visitor per month on each site.

30,000 / ( 24 * 60 * 60 * 30 ) = rounds down to zero visitors per second

But I'm guessing they're not uniformly spread out...the question is more about peak than over a month.

• @Darwin it's European vps, provider time4vps

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

It could be 4, it could be 4000, not even close to enough information to give you an answer.

let me ask you how many animals can you transport from London to Paris in a Ford Mondeo?

The first question is, what kind of animal, then you need to know the weight, then you need to know what type of Mondeo, saloon, estate, 4x4, is it petrol, diesel, will the animals be dead or alive, if they are alive will they be sedated, how many drivers.

And that is super simple to figure out compared to what you are asking, you can install just 1 wrong plugin with wordpress and cripple the whole server.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

7 pounds of flax

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    The first question is, what kind of animal, then you need to know the weight, then you need to know what type of Mondeo, saloon, estate, 4x4, is it petrol, diesel, will the animals be dead or alive, if they are alive will they be sedated, how many drivers.

One Jeremy Clarkson.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited January 2018

I believe its about 1 website, if you are lucky. Websites usually need one dedicated server with 64gb ram if 100 visitors a month.

Thanked by 2Aidan masteri
  • @huntercop said:
    I believe its about 1 website, if you are lucky. Websites usually need one dedicated server with 64gb ram if 100 visitors a month.

You have stock in a dedi hosting company, don't you? ;)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    It could be 4, it could be 4000, not even close to enough information to give you an answer.

let me ask you how many animals can you transport from London to Paris in a Ford Mondeo?

And that is super simple to figure out compared to what you are asking, you can install just 1 wrong plugin with wordpress and cripple the whole server.

Did you ever try sedating 1 million ants? By the time you finally finish with the last one, the first ones already start waking up. You'll need a second person in the car with you to prevent those ants from crawling all over you.

And at the end of writing this I finally notice your name - no pun intended.

• @teamacc said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Did you ever try sedating 1 million ants? By the time you finally finish with the last one, the first ones already start waking up. You'll need a second person in the car with you to prevent those ants from crawling all over you.

And at the end of writing this I finally notice your name - no pun intended.

Gas them it is easier then injecting every single one.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • sureiamsureiam Member
    edited January 2018

As stated depends on several factors. WordPress tends to use a lot of resources when in the admin side and can use a lot of on the website side depending on the amount of plugins and their tasks...

The ideal route would be to have a caching plugin for WordPress and teaching your clients or yourself to cache the dynamic WordPress site into a static one. This cached solution will net you huge gains especially with a webserver like nginx or apache with nginx proxy. That's because nginx was designed to server thousands upon thousands of concurrent connections to static sites with very minimal load. Meaning a dynamic WordPress site on apache might buckle with 1k concurrent users a dynamic site cached and as such now static WordPress site on nginx could handle 30k concurrent users without crashing. Additionally it would help to learn the different optimization tactics for php(fpm) and sql(mariadb). Such that your using your available ram and multiple application instances to their full potential. This can also net big gains. Google it play with it and optimize it. Default LAMP and LEMP setups generally are not well optimized.

So when people say depends that's what they mean.

Thanked by 1kazishaheb
  • WP uses about 100Mb HDD space. On a 5Gb VPS with 1Gb RAM (CentOS-32) plus maybe Centminmod I guess you can do 10 or more low active WP sites. 20-30K visitors/m is just about 1000/day or 40 per hour.

But I am just wild guessing.

Thanked by 1kazishaheb
  • @kazishaheb said:
    How many wordpress site may I host on following vps without any server down issue? There will be 20k-30k visitor per month on each site.

I can answer your question. Unlimited. There will be 0 server down issue. Reason is eventually you will run out of memory and most likely crash your swap. The server won't be technically down so you have that.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:

@kazishaheb said:

I can answer your question. Unlimited. There will be 0 server down issue. Reason is eventually you will run out of memory and most likely crash your swap. The server won't be technically down so you have that.

This was actually helpful. I'll be watching you.

• @WSS said:

@needavps said:

@kazishaheb said:

where's my thanked? thought you were still taking a dump.

• WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:

@WSS said:

@needavps said:

@kazishaheb said:

I'm waiting for the reply, first.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith, actually has a good point here and the comparison is on spot. In general there is no limit to how many websites you can host on our VPS, however, it all depends on the websites.

Once we receive such question, we always try suggesting uploading websites one by one and check how you server reacts to it, that would be one of the simpler way to check that out.

Thanked by 2vimalware kazishaheb
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yep, it was not meant to be anything but an aide to help you understand how to help us help you, say that 10 times fast :)

• WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:

@WSS said:

@needavps said:

@kazishaheb said:

There's your thanks. I'm going to have a shower. Wanna look and smell nice and fresh for my date tonight.

• @WSS said:

@needavps said:

@WSS said:

@needavps said:

@kazishaheb said:

There's your thanks. I'm going to have a shower. Wanna look and smell nice and fresh for my date tonight.

Thank the HEAVENS. All you write about is pooping.

• WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:

You act as if that isn't normal. What are you? A robot?!

• @WSS said:

@needavps said:

If you have to ask. I feel dead inside.

• WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:

@WSS said:

@needavps said:

If you have to ask. I feel dead inside.

You should take a nice healthy dump.

• 53288 per month

• LeeLee Veteran

kazishaheb said: How many wordpress site may I host on following vps without any server down issue?

14.51 sites.