Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting a "local" shared hosting company, need some help :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting a "local" shared hosting company, need some help :)

FataliaFatalia Member
edited February 2012 in General

will be serving this to our school because I noticed that it's becoming a hit now to have your own personal website [wow]

i just want some questions to be cleared as this is actually my first time starting a "business"

i'll be getting a reseller hosting from one of the top brands [i just think it's still cheaper with RH even compared to hosting them with LEBs... and much safer too since Im not that good at security :)]

and now i learned it's a good practice to host your main website to another location [so they can still send me tickets if the reseller hosting's server is down] this include the whcms [or maybe even cpanel] right? do i need to get a separate license for cpanel and whcms for this separate server?

if im wrong, what setup should i do? im so confused :))

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Fatalia said: do i need to get a separate license for cpanel and whcms for this separate server?

Well if you are using a reseller why do you need a cPanel license?

• get a leb, host your website there and whcms, yes you need a separate license for this
    on your reseller hosting just leave cpanel there
    integrate your whcms on the leb to your cpanel on the reseller host (doesnt even know if possible)
    profit

guys: correct me if im wrong but that was my understanding

Thanked by 1Fatalia
  • FataliaFatalia Member
    edited February 2012

@Infinity said: Well if you are using a reseller why do you need a cPanel license?

because the cpanel/whcms license that comes with the reseller hosting package only applies to the reseller host's server? im i correct?

@yowmamasita said: integrate your whcms on the leb to your cpanel on the reseller host

hm... i need verification for this :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Fatalia said: because the cpanel/whcms license that comes with the reseller hosting package only applies to the reseller host's server? im i correct?

cPanel and WHMCS are two different things. There is no need to purchase a cPanel/WHM license if you are on a cPanel reseller.

WHMCS is a billing system and ticket system, you may purchase it if you would like to be more organized however there are alternatives.

• If I understand @Fatalia correctly his host of choice includes a WHMCS license with their reseller package. You most likely will only be able to use that license on their servers, as the license will be locked to their IP. However, if you ask them nicely they might allow you to host the WHMCS elsewhere, as it shouldn't cost them anything extra. :)

• @Infinity said: cPanel and WHMCS are two different things. There is no need to purchase a cPanel/WHM license if you are on a cPanel reseller.

WHMCS is a billing system and ticket system, you may purchase it if you would like to be more organized however there are alternatives.

this reseller hosting comes with free cPanel and WHCMS, thats whats advertised

can i use this on other [outside] servers?

• @Kuro said: If I understand @Fatalia correctly his host of choice includes a WHMCS license with their reseller package. You most likely will only be able to use that license on their servers, as the license will be locked to their IP. However, if you ask them nicely they might allow you to host the WHMCS elsewhere, as it shouldn't cost them anything extra. :)

yey! finally someone gets me!

so what i should do is just ask properly right?

btw is this possible: "integrate your whcms on the leb to your cpanel on the reseller host"

thank youuu

• btw is this possible: "integrate your whcms on the leb to your cpanel on the reseller host"

Yes, it is.

Thanked by 1Fatalia
  • @Kuro said: Yes, it is.

problem solved thank you very much

@Infinity
    @yowmamasita
    @Kuro

• @Fatalia you are welcome :)