Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60% off + $100 free credit promo for Vultr Bare Metal Instances Only
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

60% off + $100 free credit promo for Vultr Bare Metal Instances Only

Seems Vultr has a promo going for 60% off + $100 free credit on their Intel E3-1270v6 Bare Metal instances. Open to existing and new customers apparently. Existing users need to contact support - I submitted a ticket and waiting on reply ^_^

Perfect timing for me as currently doing GCC/Clang compiler benchmark testing for Centmin Mod built Nginx web servers :)

Comments

• Thanks and iam waiting too ... :)

• Wish I could afford this……

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

They must like tickets. I can't resist though... it's a pretty badass server, and the price is certainly not bad. I'm rather impressed at how quickly their provisioning system works for it.

• $100 promo credit expires 30 days after account activation....

Thanked by 1rm_
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited January 2018

jarland said: it's a pretty badass server, and the price is certainly not bad

yeah for 10Gbps connectivity it is !

seanho said: $100 promo credit expires 30 days after account activation....

where did you get that info ? wonder about existing users hmm

edit: ok faq hidden at bottom of the page hehe

• what is their default username for ssh?

@serverfood said:
    what is their default username for ssh?

root

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • Looks expensive for spec but first month will be just 20$

• @jarland said:

@serverfood said:
    what is their default username for ssh?

root

thanks. i didnt read throughly. i have found it thou. :)

• Waiting for evaluation.

• any details on how long this offer will run?

• Also not clear to me whether it's available to existing accounts. $120/mo isn't bad for an hourly machine of those specs but $300 is ambitious.

• @willie said:
    Also not clear to me whether it's available to existing accounts. $120/mo isn't bad for an hourly machine of those specs but $300 is ambitious.

of my memory is vague but $300/m was normal price and $120/m is discounted right ? i thought $120/m was normal LOL

@eva2000 said:

@willie said:
    Also not clear to me whether it's available to existing accounts. $120/mo isn't bad for an hourly machine of those specs but $300 is ambitious.

of my memory is vague but $300/m was normal price and $120/m is discounted right ? i thought $120/m was normal LOL

I take it as $120 is 60% off. It's a really good deal if it's 60% off $120, but it says 60% off and $120, and $0.179/hr, and immediately upon provision it says I've spent $0.18 on it.

• @jarland said:

@eva2000 said:

@willie said:

I take it as $120 is 60% off. It's a really good deal if it's 60% off $120, but it says 60% off and $120, and $0.179/hr, and immediately upon provision it says I've spent $0.18 on it.

That's right, the normal price is $300/m as shown here:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/131779/vultr-bare-metal-servers-hourly-billing-available/p1

Thanked by 1caracal

Damn. If they can mimic the same ISO install process from their VMs on these bare metal servers, without resorting to virtualization, I just might see $300 in badass factor there.

• @cloud said:

@jarland said:

@eva2000 said:

@willie said:

That's right, the normal price is $300/m as shown here:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/131779/vultr-bare-metal-servers-hourly-billing-available/p1

ah guess too much wishful thinking on my part wanting $120 to be before discount price LOL

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Seems new users only

@jetchirag said:
    Seems new users only

Did you read the first post and follow the links?

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • @jarland said:

@jetchirag said:
    Seems new users only

Did you read the first post and follow the links?

Did I read posts? Yes. Did I read replies? No. Thanks

• I didn't see anything about existing customers in the promo page, but Vultr tweeted that it applies to everyone. Cool

• @mrclown said:
    Looks expensive for spec but first month will be just 20$

can someone verify this?

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited January 2018

@lion said:

@mrclown said:

can someone verify this?

0.179/hour * 30 days * 24 hours - $100 credit = ~$28.8

• @caracal said:

@lion said:

@mrclown said:

can someone verify this?

Woops, i rather meant if the credits can be applied to the bare metal instance, but thanks for your calculation, sorry.

• @lion said:

@caracal said:

@lion said:

@mrclown said:

can someone verify this?

Woops, i rather meant if the credits can be applied to the bare metal instance, but thanks for your calculation, sorry.

ya i can confirm, $100 applied to bare metal instance. it's deducting per hour on mine already.

Thanked by 1lion
  • @serverfood said:

@lion said:

@caracal said:

@lion said:

@mrclown said:

can someone verify this?

ya i can confirm, $100 applied to bare metal instance. it's deducting per hour on mine already.

So how many hours will it work on free credit? Do they need CC?

• partymonger said: So how many hours will it work on free credit?

math is not your thing, is it?

to spare you some time, you should be able to get about 250-300 ETN out of it for free, depending on your luck and how fast you get everything set up and so on. how much those maybe worth afterwards most likely nobody can reliably tell.

and yes you need to put in a CC or pay at least 5 bucks via paypal if you are a new customer...

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • @Falzo said:

partymonger said: So how many hours will it work on free credit?

math is not your thing, is it?

to spare you some time, you should be able to get about 250-300 ETN out of it for free, depending on your luck and how fast you get everything set up and so on. how much those maybe worth afterwards most likely nobody can reliably tell.

and yes you need to put in a CC or pay at least 5 bucks via paypal if you are a new customer...

answered. :)

• Pretty bad deal honestly. I was hoping it would be 60% off the $120. For $300 it's completely not worth it. For $120/mo, still not worth it... Yea you get 10Gb/s public network, but for a measly 5TB of bandwidth? And those small disks? Gross!

Thanked by 2rm_ risharde
  • Yeah $300/m a bit to much but $120/m is ok though 5TB isn't much for folks who would utilise 10Gbps network.

I spun up Vultr Bare Metail E3-1270V6 in New York region and posted benchmarks etc at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/vultr-60-discount-free-100-credit-test-drive-vultr-bare-metal-instances.13744/#post-58355

Network bandwidth tests up to 329-550MB/s ! Only downside is the ip address's geolocation reported as Canada so CentOS 7.4 yum mirrorlist pulled from Canadian instead of New York mirrors