Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach VPS is up but not accessible after recent maintenance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach VPS is up but not accessible after recent maintenance

asterisk14asterisk14 Member
edited January 2018 in General

Hi,

My @Virmach OpenVZ vps in NYC has been inaccessible for approx 48 hours following their maintenance. I've reboot it via solus a couple of time and it says it's successful but it's just not reachable. I've then ticketed them and their advice was to reboot it, which I did again, but still not reachable

Is it just me or are others having the same problem??

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Mine did the same yesterday, but once I started to make a ticket, it magically came back.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @WSS said:
    Mine did the same yesterday, but once I started to make a ticket, it magically came back.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

This is the 2nd time my @Virmach VPS has been off line in the past few months, last time it was around 3 days and they only got it going after I ticked them. Wish I hadn't renewed it now but I'm stuck with it for next 11 months. If anyone wants it they can have it for $3 + $3 for account transfer.

• Thank you for your inquiry. We have received your message and opened a support ticket #0. Please refer to this number in follow up communications relating to this specific issue.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@asterisk14 said:

@WSS said:

This is the 2nd time my @Virmach VPS has been off line in the past few months, last time it was around 3 days and they only got it going after I ticked them. Wish I hadn't renewed it now but I'm stuck with it for next 11 months. If anyone wants it they can have it for $3 + $3 for account transfer.

Have you made a ticket saying "It claims to work, but doesn't" (following up), or tried to use it through the serial console?

• @quick said:
    Thank you for your inquiry. We have received your message and opened a support ticket #0. Please refer to this number in follow up communications relating to this specific issue.

my ticket is #243289 - my vps is not accessible - times out

Thanked by 1quick
  • Oh boy...

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited January 2018

Somewhat unrelated: everyone should note that if you have your VirMach VPS shutdown, they are automatically booted up when the host node is restarted.

Not the worst thing in the world, but is important in case anyone picked up any BF/CM boxes and just shut them down without properly securing them yet.

Thanked by 2uptime Falzo
  • quickquick Member
    edited January 2018

@asterisk14 said:

@quick said:
    Thank you for your inquiry. We have received your message and opened a support ticket #0. Please refer to this number in follow up communications relating to this specific issue.

Do you know Imagine Dragons?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@asterisk14 said:

@quick said:

They are no representatives. Only @VirMach is. That being said, looks like you need to wait for them to reply to your ticket.

• @MikePT said:
    They are no representatives. Only @VirMach is. That being said, looks like you need to wait for them to reply to your ticket.

Just like when I tell my clients to email me the question, so I can dodge it on the spot and never respond to it.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

You were running out of resources. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Intel patch, which was necessary and announced. I don't think it's very fair to count a required maintenance as the second time your VPS has been "offline" in over a year, especially since the VPS was not even offline after the server was patched -- networking wasn't working because you're out of resources.

The other time your VPS went "offline", it was shut down for having 65K+ conntrack sessions and being suspended.

asterisk14 said: Wish I hadn't renewed it now but I'm stuck with it for next 11 months. If anyone wants it they can have it for $3 + $3 for account transfer.

We absolutely do not want you stuck with a $3 per year service. I've refunded the amount and set your service to expire in (1) week.

If you wish to keep your service, it will renew at $3 per year, plus $1.87 per year for the additional memory and $5 per year for the extra disk (5GB extra disk, 64MB extra memory), as well as a $5 upgrade fee, and a $15 fee for the technical support, since you do not have support with your package. Please do contact us if you wish to continue, as there's a cancellation request placed on your service for 01/25/2018. Otherwise enjoy your courtesy two months free service (12/25-1/25), free upgrade (+64MB RAM, +5GB Disk), and free support (identifying an issue within your VM, which is your responsibility with limited support packages) for the rest of the service duration.

• @asterisk14 are you mining on vps ?

maybe when people need help on virmach we should ask 'do you opt-out support ?' first

• @VirMach said:
    You were running out of resources. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Intel patch, which was necessary and announced. I don't think it's very fair to count a required maintenance as the second time your VPS has been "offline" in over a year, especially since the VPS was not even offline after the server was patched -- networking wasn't working because you're out of resources.

The other time your VPS went "offline", it was shut down for having 65K+ conntrack sessions and being suspended.

asterisk14 said: Wish I hadn't renewed it now but I'm stuck with it for next 11 months. If anyone wants it they can have it for $3 + $3 for account transfer.

We absolutely do not want you stuck with a $3 per year service. I've refunded the amount and set your service to expire in (1) week.

If you wish to keep your service, it will renew at $3 per year, plus $1.87 per year for the additional memory and $5 per year for the extra disk (5GB extra disk, 64MB extra memory), as well as a $5 upgrade fee, and a $15 fee for the technical support, since you do not have support with your package. Please do contact us if you wish to continue, as there's a cancellation request placed on your service for 01/25/2018. Otherwise enjoy your courtesy two months free service (12/25-1/25), free upgrade (+64MB RAM, +5GB Disk), and free support (identifying an issue within your VM, which is your responsibility with limited support packages) for the rest of the service duration.

Can I take his $3/y service? :P

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@VirMach said:

That was fucking perfect in it's brutality. Solved the issue, helped them out of the door they wanted to leave through, and lost money doing it. A lot of people could learn about conflict resolution here.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    That was fucking perfect in it's brutality. Solved the issue, helped them out of the door they wanted to leave through, and lost money doing it. A lot of people could learn about conflict resolution here.

It certainly sets the precedent for whingers who abuse services, that's for sure.

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited January 2018

burn. This is also why I didn't get a virmach during the black friday because of rather confusing packages and some which had no support. more surprised the op didn't just do a reinstall; than you would have figure out the obvious with the $3 a year package; like seriously why you need to wait 48 hours on that vps for.

• @needavps said:
    ... some which had no support.

Wrong. During Black Friday / Cyber Monday, clients were given an option to chose between opting out of support for saving few bucks or have no support at all. Virmach actually encouraged people to not opt out of support.

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited January 2018

@muffin said:

@needavps said:
    ... some which had no support.

Wrong. During Black Friday / Cyber Monday, clients were given an option to chose between opting out of support for saving few bucks or have no support at all. Virmach actually encouraged people to not opt out of support.

How dare you contradict me.

• @WSS said:

@jarland said:

You're an idiot for not understanding what went on. I just used my resources, nothing more. This conntrack stuff is bull, not had issue with any other provider.

It certainly sets the precedent for whingers who abuse services, that's for sure.

Didn't abuse anyhting, just using my paid-for resources.

• @asterisk14 no dig old post bro.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2018

asterisk14 said: You're an idiot for not understanding what went on.

No I understood just fine back in January. I might have worded my response differently today, or not responded at all, but I understood fine. Thanks for reaching out though.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited July 2018

That rage necro'd post, those are rare LOL. Something was building up since Jan haha

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • williewillie Member

wtf. closing.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
This discussion has been closed.