Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HostSolutions.ro] problem and resolution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HostSolutions.ro] problem and resolution

ZiriusPHZiriusPH Member
edited January 2018 in Reviews

Hello guys, can you help me get attention of cociu, I have 36 hr old ticket without response about my server which is also down for 36hrs now

I only reinstalled OS and then it never came up again. Cannot access even ssh in their VNC console.

@cociu its ticket #598407

Regards

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

If it's SolusVM based, the it's probably SolusVM.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • Youre fsck'd

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Why does this guy always have problems?

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • WSSWSS Member

@deank said:

Poor self-esteem.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • @deank said:

Premise error. If you insist on seeing and putting it like that then the correct question were "why do problems related to that guy come up so frequently here at LET?"

I think the answer is a mixture of @cociu being an easy-going guy who - probably stupidly - often answered support questions here, which with many created the impression that bringing up HS support issues here is normal and OK.

Kindly note that your original "question" and its implied statement is completely untenable. Reason: We simply don't know how many problems other providers have, so we have no basis for comparison.

For the sake of fairness: I also occasionally experienced delays in HS tickets. I might be wrong but my personal take is that it's not that easy to find low cost employees matching the requirements for good international (read: english) support in the part of Romania where HS is located.

Generally though, their support response times are quite OK, particularly when considering the price/market segment we are talking about. After all support can be a quite major cost factor.

• bsdguy said: @deank said: Why does this guy always have problems?

Premise error. If you insist on seeing and putting it like that then the correct question were "why do problems related to that guy come up so frequently here at LET?"

I think the answer is a mixture of @cociu being an easy-going guy who - probably stupidly - often answered support questions here, which with many created the impression that bringing up HS support issues here is normal and OK.

Kindly note that your original "question" and its implied statement is completely untenable. Reason: We simply don't know how many problems other providers have, so we have no basis for comparison.

For the sake of fairness: I also occasionally experienced delays in HS tickets. I might be wrong but my personal take is that it's not that easy to find low cost employees matching the requirements for good international (read: english) support in the part of Romania where HS is located.

Generally though, their support response times are quite OK, particularly when considering the price/market segment we are talking about. After all support can be a quite major cost factor.

he was referring to me, but good insight mate

• @cociu , there , I helped. Now where is my cookies.

Thanked by 3vovler ZiriusPH joeri
  • @yokowasis said:
    @cociu , there , I helped. Now where is my cookies.

There, you get a like. No cookie.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • @yokowasis said:
    @cociu , there , I helped. Now where is my cookies.

Your browser ate them.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • cociucociu Member
    edited January 2018

Hello all , I HAVE TOLD 9999999999999 TIMES HERE IN ALMOST ALL MY OFFERS POST DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE TO UBUNTU 16* and yes we are tired to find people who still try and fuck their vps. I am sorry because you dont understand this , i know what i sell so if my words for you was shit , you must to wait because all this tikets is the last tiketes what we respond. So definetly you will recive your tiket answer but will be the last. More this is not our help desk , you can contact us via tiketing , email, online chat , including telefon.

Thanked by 2ZiriusPH doughmanes
  • cociu said: Hello all , I HAVE TOLD 9999999999999 TIMES HERE IN ALMOST ALL MY OFFERS POST DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE TO UBUNTU 16* and yes we are tired to find people who still try and fuck their vps. I am sorry because you dont understand this , i know what i sell so if my words for you was shit , you must to wait because all this tikets is the last tiketes what we respond. So definetly you will recive your tiket answer but will be the last. More this is not our help desk , you can contact us via tiketing , email, online chat , including telefon.

Don't upgradeto Ubuntu 16.04, I see, noted. This is actually the first time I heard about that restriction. But thanks for the update.

Regards

• WSSWSS Member

@ZiriusPH said:
    Don't upgradeto Ubuntu 16.04, I see, noted. This is actually the first time I heard about that restriction.

Honestly, this has been said by most OpenVZ hosts for ages, and I know I've seen him say this months ago.. hell, probably as far as 8 months ago. ;)

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

I have to ask, why?

OP said he 'reinstalled' and it never came up, what has that got to do with an upgrade or not getting a reply for 36 hours?

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • AnthonySmith said: I have to ask, why?

OP said he 'reinstalled' and it never came up, what has that got to do with an upgrade or not getting a reply for 36 hours?

not sure, probably because prior to reinstalling, I tried doing the xenial upgrade, it actually went fine until I noticed that the packages it currently has are not enough to do a successful upgrade (i.e. "dialog" is not installed so upgrade prompts are just getting ignored instead of being prompted to user). So upon seeing that it would just fail anyway, I went directly to SolusVM, pressed stop, boot up, reinstalled, then it won't boot up anymore :p

• Upgrading from the command line with Ubunturd usually fucks up stuff with newer releases

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • WSS said: Honestly, this has been said by most OpenVZ hosts for ages, and I know I've seen him say this months ago.. hell, probably as far as 8 months ago. ;)

Sorry mate, I have absolutely no idea. But in my defense, as a developer, Ubuntu's latest LTS is 16.04, its my obligation to upgrade any old version to the officially supported version.

• It sounds like you're a bigger number chaser than understand what "LTS" means specifically to Ubuntu https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • AnthonySmith said: OP said he 'reinstalled' and it never came up, what has that got to do with an upgrade or not getting a reply for 36 hours?

Can you blame more ? just courious .... i know my internal problems , if i post here public about a upgrade this meen is true .

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH

@cociu said:

AnthonySmith said: OP said he 'reinstalled' and it never came up, what has that got to do with an upgrade or not getting a reply for 36 hours?

Can you blame more ? just courious .... i know my internal problems , if i post here public about a upgrade this meen is true .

Sure, he fucked up his vps, buy why would the reinstall leave him offline for 36 hours, that ha s nothing to do with the upgrade?

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@doughmanes said:
    Upgrading from the command line with Ubunturd usually fucks up stuff with newer releases

Upgrading works fine if you stick to official packages anything else is on you.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited January 2018

Rhys said: Upgrading works fine

Speaking from experience but thanks for your unnecessary quote

• doughmanes said: Upgrading from the command line with Ubunturd usually fucks up stuff with newer releases

yup considering that the ubuntu image that has to upgrade was modified.

doughmanes said: It sounds like you're a bigger number chaser than understand what "LTS" means specifically to Ubuntu https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

b..but I just want to use the newest LTS version. :(

• AnthonySmith said: Sure, he fucked up his vps, buy why would the reinstall leave him offline for 36 hours, that ha s nothing to do with the upgrade?

Man , buy one , make the same and you will have the same. I will not tell you way , i have advert about this problem seems nobody want to understand and is think hi can do anything for 1 eur/mo. We will resolve it but definetly will be the same once is try to upgrade new OS . you can take it like a rule in hostsolutions.ro , when i tell YOU CANNOT make this , this is saint !

@cociu said:

AnthonySmith said: Sure, he fucked up his vps, buy why would the reinstall leave him offline for 36 hours, that ha s nothing to do with the upgrade?

Man , buy one , make the same and you will have the same. I will not tell you way , i have advert about this problem seems nobody want to understand and is think hi can do anything for 1 eur/mo. We will resolve it but definetly will be the same once is try to upgrade new OS . you can take it like a rule in hostsolutions.ro , when i tell YOU CANNOT make this , this is saint !

READ MY WORDS.

I don't care about the upgrade... he said REINSTALL

AFTER the UPGRADE, he clicked REINSTALL

Offline for 36 hours.

Thanked by 4BlaZe Clouvider Lee Rob92
  • ZiriusPH said: b..but I just want to use the newest LTS version. :(

never in this package , so is better to ask for a refound or buy any ssd plan wich is accept new images.

• cociu said: Man , buy one , make the same and you will have the same. I will not tell you way , i have advert about this problem seems nobody want to understand and is think hi can do anything for 1 eur/mo. We will resolve it but definetly will be the same once is try to upgrade new OS . you can take it like a rule in hostsolutions.ro , when i tell YOU CANNOT make this , this is saint !

oh, actually i don't mind using your Ubuntu 14.04 :) If you can just reinstall the OS to Ubuntu 14.04 x64 that's all I need. I just want to make it back online as soon as possible.

Regards,

• AnthonySmith said: READ MY WORDS.

I don't care about the upgrade... he said REINSTALL

AFTER the UPGRADE, he clicked REINSTALL

Offline for 36 hours.

Inception Hosting Limited | Li

you have a problem ! really ! what is so difficult to understand ? WE DO NOT OFFER THIS TEMPLATES , WE ALWAYS TELL TO THE USER ----DO NOT TRY TO MAKE THE SMART--- so who is buy this offers is accepted this words. Way to elaborate more ?

• ZiriusPH said: oh, actually i don't mind using your Ubuntu 14.04 :) If you can just reinstall the OS to Ubuntu 14.04 x64 that's all I need. I just want to make it back online as soon as possible.

today will be fixed , or if ubuntu 16 is a must you can ask a refound i hope i am clear now.

• Tbf some people can't reinstall wether they'd previously tried to upgrade or not.

Wtf, someone ask why clicking reinstall in solusvm leaves a vps offline for 36 hours in Spanish or romainian please because English is obviously a waste of time.

This discussion has been closed.