Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HP ProLiant ML110 G6 reboot loop
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HP ProLiant ML110 G6 reboot loop

Hi. I have a ML110 G6 from a client that after some time on starts a reboot loop.

After the first boot attempt it reboots every 4-5 seconds.

What can it be?

Comments

• Any one of about a thousand different things.

More detail.

• juan_144juan_144 Member
    edited September 2013

Single power supply. Single HDD. Single NIC. Single Optital drive. Centos 5. Mini tower form factor. First boot almost complete. At a high HDD i/o activity it shuts down and start again only to keep looping on off.

• overheating?

• All fans work well. CPU+case+power supply.

• HP Live Chat agent says the systemboard may be faulty.

Open to suggestions to drop that machine.

• Do you have physical access to the server? if so, remove, all un-essential components, (PCIE cards etc..) remove all but 1 ram stick. they try to boot it... try booting off an Boot-CD...

• The server has no un-essential components. Only a HDD and the DVD drive. Anyway I removed it to see.

I think my client needs a new server. Any suggestions?

• Can you boot from a boot cd without a problem or it loops if you try to boot from a CD also?

• Sometimes it boots but after some use restarts. HP told me that the systemboard may be the problem. $456 direct price. Enough money to build a budget custom system to make the job.

• My suggestion is remove everything that isn't needed to be plugged into the main board. This includes multiple CPUs in case you have more then 1. Leave only 1 stick of ram and one processor. Unplug everything else that you can see (hdd, PCI cards, etc.)

Then try and boot. If it still fails you have 4 parts that can be bad. (CPU, RAM, PS, Mobo) or a config in the setup.

Mun

• pcanpcan Member
    edited September 2013

Have you tried to reload BIOS default parameters? A CMOS corruption on hidden parameters could be the cause of instable behaviour. Before clearing the CMOS, enter in the system BIOS page and check the error log; you may find clues about the faulty component. As example, if the log lists ECC errors, the issue could be a faulty RAM stick. According to your description, the reboot seems to be related to the temperature. Remove and reseat the processor cooler; you may need to change the thermal grease.

• Faulthy memory supposedy.

• Check your PSU if you have a power supply tester,

Run memcheck on the ram.

Reset BIOS?

When it reboots does windows (if your running it) have an error log?

• The RAM was changed. It was the problem*.