Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Renting quarter of a rack in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Renting quarter of a rack in Europe

6ixth6ixth Member
edited January 2018 in General

Please find my requirements below and let me know if you can recommend anyone. I do not want to go with Serverius, Hetzner, Psychz or Voxility.

1/3 of a rack

1-3Gbps connection (350Mbps 95th percentile / 60TB).

8A of power

20Gbps+ DDoS Protection

I am looking more towards Germany, Netherlands etc than Eastern EU but I am taking /all/ recommendations.

Thanks!

Comments

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@PhotonVPS in Lon/Amsterdam maybe?

• RizRiz Member

No idea what they've got for offerings, but Leaseweb might be an option.

• @Rhys said:
    @PhotonVPS in Lon/Amsterdam maybe?

I was going with Psychz originally but I found myself waiting 2-5 days for ticket replies to simple questions like asking for the postal address. Decided that if that's how long sales take, I need to try another company. Forgot to add it to my 'blocklist', thanks anyways!

• Firstcolo

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@joeri maybe?

Thanked by 2Rhys joeri
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We can help with a quarter at Telehouse North 2 if interested :-)?

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited January 2018

@brueggus said:
    @joeri maybe?

Thank you for the recommendation :-)

@6ixth i sended you a PM with a special offer

• I've contacted most people who has messaged or posted here and I may definitely be looking into a few. @Joeri offer was very good but lacked ddos protection, firstcolo in NL is just Serverius and i'd rather go with Serverius direct which I am also currently enquiring about.

@Clouvider - Sorry mate, need central EU rather than UK :P

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Check DDoS GUARD, https://ddos-guard.net/en
    I checked briefly with my team, Amsterdam is totally doable, guaranteed DDoS Mitigation as this is our company's sole mission.

• hostenshostens Member, Host Rep

Does anyone else feel confused about quarter and 1/3?

• hostfavhostfav Member, Host Rep

hostens said: Does anyone else feel confused about quarter and 1/3?

Yes

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

6ixth is asking for a quarter of 1/3 rack.... Lots of fractions here.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

6ixth said: @Clouvider - Sorry mate, need central EU rather than UK :P

How about LT? That's the geographic center of Europe ;). Unless you mean 'political' center.

3Gbit, 60TB transfer with DDoS Protection should be kind of expensive. What's your budget?

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@6ixth said:
    I've contacted most people who has messaged or posted here and I may definitely be looking into a few. @Joeri offer was very good but lacked ddos protection, firstcolo in NL is just Serverius and i'd rather go with Serverius direct which I am also currently enquiring about.

@Clouvider - Sorry mate, need central EU rather than UK :P

First-Colo has its own data center in Frankfurt. If you are looking for a reliable one you can check 23media (Telehouse, Frankfurt, they have Voxility Anti DDoS protection) or if you are looking for cheap but with a good price-performance ratio you can check active-servers (Interwerk, Frankfurt, they have Voxility Anti DDoS protection as well).

• TomTom Member

Not hijacking OPs thread but also looking prices for quarter/third/whatever rack in UK/EU :-)

• WSSWSS Member

@randvegeta said:
    6ixth is asking for a quarter of 1/3 rack.... Lots of fractions here.

So, 1U-4U depending on the rack? :D