Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

VPS with the cheapest bandwidth that isn't OVH/Online/Hetzner

VPS with the cheapest bandwidth that isn't OVH/Online/Hetzner

mikewazarmikewazar Member
edited January 9 in Requests

I need a single VPS with the damn cheapest bandwidth possible, on a provider that is not OVH, Online.net or Hetzner. Can be hosted anywhere with the following MINIMUM resources:

1 vCPU (shared, but not summerhost oversold. Please disclose what load I can run on this)

512MB of RAM with some vSWAP

5GB disk, doesn't even need RAID

OVZ is fine, but need TUN/TAP

I'd wager a 100Mbit port with as-close-to dedicated bandwidth would work for my near non-stop traffic. A single homed network on a shitlord carrier like HE would work fine. No DDoS protection required.

No set budget, but cheapest is obviously what I'm going for. No bullshit AUP on bandwidth, I'm being upfront about it. I will max this port both ways 24/7

No mailing, no spam, nothing that will attract attention.

What do you guys have to offer? GO

Comments

  • WSSWSS Member

    Pity.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • vovlervovler Member

    Wondering why you don't want to go with OVH/Online/Hetzner... And what are you seeding in 5GB of storage

  • @vovler said: Wondering why you don't want to go with OVH/Online/Hetzner... And what are you seeding in 5GB of storage

    With them already, need something not with them.

  • i guess it's for vpn

  • Hmm, maybe @cociu or @bacloud ?

    But you need pre-pay 3 months

    https://www.bacloud.com/en/linux-vps-hosting

    For @cociu, look at his sign. 2vCPU/2GB ram/[email protected]

    Thanked by 2cociu bacloud
  • IkoulaIkoula Provider

    Hello,

    Our Public Cloud seems to feet, could you have a look to the following page and tell me if you have any questions ?

    https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

    You did not precise where you want your vm; our Cloud is available in France, Germany, Netherlands, Miami and Singapore.
    +Advanced network configuration is available including VPN, FW, NAT and LB options.

    Thomas - Community manager - ikoula.com

    hyperv vps /-/ xen cloud vm /-/ dedicated servers

  • XeiXei Member

    @Ikoula said: Hello,

    Our Public Cloud seems to feet, could you have a look to the following page and tell me if you have any questions ?

    https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

    You did not precise where you want your vm; our Cloud is available in France, Germany, Netherlands, Miami and Singapore.
    +Advanced network configuration is available including VPN, FW, NAT and LB options.

    The offering looks interesting. I will have to check it out sometime.

  • teamaccteamacc Moderator

    @francisco does unmetered gbit, but his EU location seems to be mainly cogent. Also not sure if this would fall under his "fair use" thingy.

    Yo mama so fat each of her butt-cheeks has its own /8.

  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 10

    @teamacc said: @francisco does unmetered gbit, but his EU location seems to be mainly cogent. Also not sure if this would fall under his "fair use" thingy.

    No set budget, but cheapest is obviously what I'm going for. No bullshit AUP on bandwidth, I'm being upfront about it. I will max this port both ways 24/7

    Seems like LET's definition of "fair use" to me.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • @Francisco any slices with unmetered 100Mbit?

  • @Ikoula said: Hello,

    Our Public Cloud seems to feet, could you have a look to the following page and tell me if you have any questions ?

    https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

    You did not precise where you want your vm; our Cloud is available in France, Germany, Netherlands, Miami and Singapore.
    +Advanced network configuration is available including VPN, FW, NAT and LB options.

    Besides "unlimited" I see no information about your network policy, which of those packages would let me use 100Mbit both ways, 24/7?

  • @Aluminat said: Hmm, maybe @cociu or @bacloud ?

    But you need pre-pay 3 months

    https://www.bacloud.com/en/linux-vps-hosting

    For @cociu, look at his sign. 2vCPU/2GB ram/[email protected]

    Used to use his 30TB @ 100Mbit service, very good but 30TB isn't enough.

  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 10

    @mikewazar said: @Francisco any slices with unmetered 100Mbit?

    @mikewazar said: Used to use his 30TB @ 100Mbit service, very good but 30TB isn't enough.

    You are aware that 100Mbit unlimited is going to peak around 33TB/mo, right?

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • w00t? 100/100 mbit/s + 24/7 for less than 7$? Are you kidding me? Noone will offer it for such price except named providers.

    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @desperand said: w00t? 100/100 mbit/s + 24/7 for less than 7$? Are you kidding me? Noone will offer it for such price except named providers.

    $20 is what I'm hoping, more than that if it's not a meme provider. Considering I need fuckall hardware.

  • @WSS said:

    @mikewazar said: @Francisco any slices with unmetered 100Mbit?

    @mikewazar said: Used to use his 30TB @ 100Mbit service, very good but 30TB isn't enough.

    You are aware that 100Mbit unlimited is going to peak around 33TB/mo, right?

    One way, at least. 66TB and shoe got a deal.

  • aruba cloud?

    If poverty was a man, I would kill it.

  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 10

    @mikewazar said:

    @WSS said:

    @mikewazar said: @Francisco any slices with unmetered 100Mbit?

    @mikewazar said: Used to use his 30TB @ 100Mbit service, very good but 30TB isn't enough.

    You are aware that 100Mbit unlimited is going to peak around 33TB/mo, right?

    One way, at least. 66TB and shoe got a deal.

    Scaleway C1/Starter?

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • @WSS said:

    @mikewazar said:

    @WSS said:

    @mikewazar said: @Francisco any slices with unmetered 100Mbit?

    @mikewazar said: Used to use his 30TB @ 100Mbit service, very good but 30TB isn't enough.

    You are aware that 100Mbit unlimited is going to peak around 33TB/mo, right?

    One way, at least. 66TB and shoe got a deal.

    Scaleway C1/Starter?

    OP is not interested in Online.net network.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @mtsbatalha said: OP is not interested in Online.net network.

    I forgot about that. I doubt he has too many other options at his pricing and want list.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    Thanked by 2mtsbatalha Aidan
  • AidanAidan Member

    WSS said: I doubt he has too many other options

    This.

    Most providers aren't running on VC, someone has to pay for the bandwidth.

  • @Aidan said:

    WSS said: I doubt he has too many other options

    This.

    Most providers aren't running on VC, someone has to pay for the bandwidth.

    What would the cheapest rate per 100Mbit be then? I'm looking for the cheapest, not cheap. If I need to increase my budget I can, within reason. If what I need is really not feasible for any provider I'm ok to just accept it.

  • @emperor said: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/135097/itldc-new-singapore-location#latest

    Thanks, but realistically at that rate per year, and my bandwidth requirement, I know I will get in shit with them.

  • teamaccteamacc Moderator

    @mikewazar said:

    @Aidan said:

    WSS said: I doubt he has too many other options

    This.

    Most providers aren't running on VC, someone has to pay for the bandwidth.

    What would the cheapest rate per 100Mbit be then? I'm looking for the cheapest, not cheap. If I need to increase my budget I can, within reason. If what I need is really not feasible for any provider I'm ok to just accept it.

    Last I heard providers pay at least 15-20usd per 100mbit per month. That's excluding any vps/ip pricing.

    You'd better go with one of the providers you put on you "donotwant" list.

    Yo mama so fat each of her butt-cheeks has its own /8.

  • @aboanas93 said: aruba cloud?

    Looks to fit the bill, but I see they only have CentOS and Windows on their template list... I could live with this. Let's see if I get any other options.

  • @teamacc said:

    @mikewazar said:

    @Aidan said:

    WSS said: I doubt he has too many other options

    This.

    Most providers aren't running on VC, someone has to pay for the bandwidth.

    What would the cheapest rate per 100Mbit be then? I'm looking for the cheapest, not cheap. If I need to increase my budget I can, within reason. If what I need is really not feasible for any provider I'm ok to just accept it.

    Last I heard providers pay at least 15-20usd per 100mbit per month. That's excluding any vps/ip pricing.

    You'd better go with one of the providers you put on you "donotwant" list.

    Probably for a quality blend, I'll take any shit tier bandwidth to drive cost down.

  • AidanAidan Member

    mikewazar said: Probably for a quality blend, I'll take any shit tier bandwidth to drive cost down.

    Nope, $150 per gbps gets you tra(sh/nsit) quality bandwidth.

  • Veesp (https://secure.veesp.com/cart/) also offers unlimited on 200mbps for € 7 per month. They are located in Russia, Saint-Petersburg

  • @VirtualByte said: Veesp (https://secure.veesp.com/cart/) also offers unlimited on 200mbps for € 7 per month. They are located in Russia, Saint-Petersburg

    Damn, very good location too.

  • @Aidan said:

    mikewazar said: Probably for a quality blend, I'll take any shit tier bandwidth to drive cost down.

    Nope, $150 per gbps gets you tra(sh/nsit) quality bandwidth.

    Good to know, but I see some options exist.

  • IkoulaIkoula Provider

    mikewazar said: Besides "unlimited" I see no information about your network policy, which of those packages would let me use 100Mbit both ways, 24/7?

    You can use 100 Mbits on any of the packages.

    Thomas - Community manager - ikoula.com

    hyperv vps /-/ xen cloud vm /-/ dedicated servers

  • BuyVM slices have unmetered bandwidth on 1gbps. Price is $3.5/month.

    https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/

  • svmosvmo Member
    edited January 12

    This might fit your bill yourserver.se - no swap though. - But they explicitly state full use of bandwidth is ok. - I have one in Sweden. - No issues apart from a recent routing bug which was handled quickly and professionally. - Also NFS can be enabled - IPsec can be used though it is not advertised.

    Shameless aff: link https://yourserver.se/portal/aff.php?aff=470 should you feel like it.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 12

    Well Contabo offers 100 Mbit/s at any time now with all of their vps. Unmetered. From 7€/mo. Try your luck :)

    Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic, you can use 100 Mbit/s without any bandwidth restrictions or throttling. (Only in case your server has a 1 Gbit/s uplink: If average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 100 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 9 days the connection is switched to 100 Mbit/s).

  • XeiXei Member
    edited January 13

    @Ympker said: Well Contabo offers 100 Mbit/s at any time now with all of their vps. Unmetered. From 7€/mo. Try your luck :)

    Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic, you can use 100 Mbit/s without any bandwidth restrictions or throttling. (Only in case your server has a 1 Gbit/s uplink: If average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 100 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 9 days the connection is switched to 100 Mbit/s).

    @ Contabo. How is their 20eur server with gbit port? I wonder what kind of throughput they get. Online reviews weren't very positive. Like does it push at least 50% of gbit speeds?

  • @Xei said:

    @Ympker said: Well Contabo offers 100 Mbit/s at any time now with all of their vps. Unmetered. From 7€/mo. Try your luck :)

    Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic, you can use 100 Mbit/s without any bandwidth restrictions or throttling. (Only in case your server has a 1 Gbit/s uplink: If average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 100 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 9 days the connection is switched to 100 Mbit/s).

    @ Contabo. How is their 20eur server with gbit port? I wonder what kind of throughput they get. Online reviews weren't very positive. Like does it push at least 50% of gbit speeds?

    Heya, Check this:

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/122471/contabo-vps-ssd-xl-benchmarks

  • XeiXei Member

    @Ympker said:

    @Xei said:

    @Ympker said: Well Contabo offers 100 Mbit/s at any time now with all of their vps. Unmetered. From 7€/mo. Try your luck :)

    Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic, you can use 100 Mbit/s without any bandwidth restrictions or throttling. (Only in case your server has a 1 Gbit/s uplink: If average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 100 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 9 days the connection is switched to 100 Mbit/s).

    @ Contabo. How is their 20eur server with gbit port? I wonder what kind of throughput they get. Online reviews weren't very positive. Like does it push at least 50% of gbit speeds?

    Heya, Check this:

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/122471/contabo-vps-ssd-xl-benchmarks

    Thanks! Saves me wasting money. Honestly I won't touch German stuff again until Hetzner Cloud. In general routing and peering is suboptimal in Germany. But the Cloud offering had unusually high throughput to various EU providers so I'll check it out.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @Xei said: Thanks! Saves me wasting money. Honestly I won't touch German stuff again until Hetzner Cloud.

    There's nothing wring with NetCup. Just make sure you are aware to the terms you are agreeing to.

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • niknik Member, Provider

    What exactly are you using this bandwidth for?

    Nodion – High Performance Cloud Hosting in Frankfurt, DE

  • WSSWSS Member

    @nik ready for launch tomorrow?

    I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

  • niknik Member, Provider

    @WSS said: @nik ready for launch tomorrow?

    yep :)

    Nodion – High Performance Cloud Hosting in Frankfurt, DE

    Thanked by 1WSS
Sign In or Register to comment.