Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared.net - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared.net

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@WSS said:

@MikePT said:
    Whenever I try to help Francisco he simply ignores.

Maybe it's time to take the hint.

El Cheapo gave up!
    Fran will always be my favorite Canadian.

• MrHMrH Member

Thanked by 3MikePT WSS Aidan
  • looks like my sites are down for more than 12hours.

i guess there is something very wrong with it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@seenu said:
    looks like my sites are down for more than 12hours.

i guess there is something very wrong with it.

Mind opening a ticket? Nothings been out for 12 hours.

If you ever have an issue, don't hold back opening a ticket to check in. Just because "you don't pay a lot" doesn't mean you're not entitled to support/etc. You pay for it after all.

Francisco

Thanked by 3kkrajk Tom FHR
  • I wonder what litespeed is doing to get that extra performance and whether nginx or apache could do it too.

This looks cool, though not yet usable to replace something like apache:
    http://www.seastar-project.org/

@willie said:
    I wonder what litespeed is doing to get that extra performance and whether nginx or apache could do it too.

This looks cool, though not yet usable to replace something like apache:
    http://www.seastar-project.org/

nginx can definitely do it. Apache is still the most used http server, world-wide. It's been tested, secured, and works very well. Albeit, if you don't optimize it, you won't be able to handle thousands of concurrent connections, granted that the hw and code is very important as well, but I have been enable to get Apache to rock on and, when needed, php-fpm magic there, already built-in in cPanel.

willie said: I wonder what litespeed is doing to get that extra performance and whether nginx or apache could do it too.

Litespeed has the huge perk that it supports htaccess almost entirely so it's a very easy 'drop in replacement'.

Francisco

• About 20 mins down time across the board right now with about 30 mins yesterday as well. Its reaching frustration level @Francisco . i really believe you can get this resolved but not sure your loyal low resource customers with just a few sites and multiple services are going to wait around for this to be fixed with any sense of reliability

• WHTWHT Member

@sureiam said:
    About 20 mins down time across the board right now with about 30 mins yesterday as well. Its reaching frustration level @Francisco . i really believe you can get this resolved but not sure your loyal low resource customers with just a few sites and multiple services are going to wait around for this to be fixed with any sense of reliability

Wait for his reply, he will fix it somehow.

@sureiam said:
    About 20 mins down time across the board right now with about 30 mins yesterday as well. Its reaching frustration level @Francisco . i really believe you can get this resolved but not sure your loyal low resource customers with just a few sites and multiple services are going to wait around for this to be fixed with any sense of reliability

That was on us. We had a DDOS leak yesterday where we weren't getting flow data in a workable fashion for our autonull. I'm making some changes to deal with that.

In the short term we had enabled some of the ddos protection options in our Juniper router but it seems to have been causing some ARP traffic to be dropped causing some IP's to go dark. We've disabled that for the time being.

I'm merging some changes to my domain count tracker since it seems to have been missing a good bit of the results. On one node alone we have a half dozen resellers accounting for ~75% of all domains on the node, causing our httpd.conf to be ~70MB in size instead of, say, 5MB or so where it should be. This obviously will cause any webserver to start up slow.

Bloody affiliate spam sites.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@sureiam said:

That was on us. We had a DDOS leak yesterday where we weren't getting flow data in a workable fashion for our autonull. I'm making some changes to deal with that.

In the short term we had enabled some of the ddos protection options in our Juniper router but it seems to have been causing some ARP traffic to be dropped causing some IP's to go dark. We've disabled that for the time being.

I'm merging some changes to my domain count tracker since it seems to have been missing a good bit of the results. On one node alone we have a half dozen resellers accounting for ~75% of all domains on the node, causing our httpd.conf to be ~70MB in size instead of, say, 5MB or so where it should be. This obviously will cause any webserver to start up slow.

Bloody affiliate spam sites.

Francisco

70MB? 1.8MB on a server hosting 800 domains. I guess you need to implement reasonable limits for the reseller packages. You got what, 50k domains there? That's absolutely crazy and no doubt that'll cause issues for your clients.

edited January 2018

MikePT said: You got what, 50k domains there? That's absolutely crazy and no doubt that'll cause issues for your clients.

That isn't a reasonable amount given how many people are just parking domains and such.

I must be blind but I don't recall seeing the ability to limit how many domains a sub user of a reseller can have.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

MikePT said: You got what, 50k domains there? That's absolutely crazy and no doubt that'll cause issues for your clients.

That isn't a reasonable amount given how many people are just parking domains and such.

I must be blind but I don't recall seeing the ability to limit how many domains a sub user of a reseller can have.

Francisco

You can force those, reseller basis IIRC, I can double check this if you want, but you definitely need to limit those. Never seen such huge httpd.conf file, that's definitely the reason why it takes to long to load.
    Have you thought of symlink it for ram or something to see if that helps, and setup a cron to sync it often?
    Not exactly a feasible way, but you need to reduce, that's damn huge.

BTW, I just received a chat @ mxroute.io, and want to clarify something.

I'm not attacking @Francisco, I've been trying to help him for quite some time and he's aware of this. I'm actually a fan of his services and have been a customer for some years (with occasional signups for servers).

However, coming to the chat and bring this to there is something I'll not take lightly. All my posts here are my own, personal view. MXroute brands are our core business, and we focus there. We do have freedom to express our thoughts here, so let's keep things here instead of leaving such messages in our chat.

• LeeLee Veteran

MikePT said: All my posts here are my own, personal view.

No, all your views here represent your brand as long as you have a signature advertising it and make offers. Not suggesting your attacking Fran, just that your statement above is BS. Same goes for every other provider, even those with "my views are my own" in their signature.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • WHTWHT Member

Mxroute have nothing to do here, he was trying to bring light here.

edited January 2018

@Lee said:

No, all your views here represent your brand as long as you have a signature advertising it and make offers. Not suggesting your attacking Fran, just that your statement above is BS. Same goes for every other provider, even those with "my views are my own" in their signature.

I'm not taking it that way or as someone attacking us on this. At least a bit of the issue is that my domain accounting script wasn't parsing properly so it was missing a good few entries. Fixing that I've found a half dozen resellers where they were nothing but amazon affiliate spam sites and it accounts for around 75%+ or more of the domain, and so the bloat, to our httpd.conf for lu-shared02.

cPanel doesn't have any sort of way to limit how many domains a reseller can allocate so the only way we can keep an eye on this is to cron my script and email me when we start to see problems.

There's some other nodes where they have similar, but not quite as bad. I've asked 3 - 4 resellers so far to please pack their bags as those sites aren't welcome on our services. I'll have to do a TOS update soon about that.

There's no promise this'll make the graceful restarts be smoother, but having it not parse an additional 50MB of configuration files is bound to be an improvement.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited January 2018

@Lee said:

That is your opinion if I state otherwise then I dont see why you dont get it. Is there any law saying that? Thought so. Working for X provider and advertising it its just business. It doesnt mean you cant have your own opinion. We are humans not robots.

@Francisco said:

@Lee said:

I'm not taking it that way or as someone attacking us on this. At least a bit of the issue is that my domain accounting script wasn't parsing properly so it was missing a good few entries. Fixing that I've found a half dozen resellers where they were nothing but amazon affiliate spam sites and it accounts for around 75%+ or more of the domain, and so the bloat, to our httpd.conf.

cPanel doesn't have any sort of way to limit how many domains a reseller can allocate so the only way we can keep an eye on this is to cron my script and email me when we start to see problems.

There's some other nodes where they have similar, but not quite as bad. I've asked 3 - 4 resellers so far to please pack their bags that those sites aren't welcome on our services. I'll have to do a TOS update soon about that.

There's no promise this'll make the graceful restarts be smoother, but having it not parse an additional 50MB of configuration files is bound to be an improvement.

Francisco

Wooo 50MB on httpd.conf certainly do make a difference! :D

• LeeLee Veteran

MikePT said: That is your opinion if I state otherwise then I dont see why you dont get it

It's simple if you act like a dick on a forum that you advertise on then I as will others expect you to act like a dick when it comes to the way you handle your business end.

Let's face it there has been a long line of dick providers that have proven that to be more true than false on LET.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Francisco said: those sites aren't welcome on our services

How many accounts/sites do they have on average?

• MrHMrH Member

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member

^- Leave El Cheapo A Dime

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:
    ^- Leave El Cheapo A Dime

That should be a TM.

@Lee said:

MikePT said: That is your opinion if I state otherwise then I dont see why you dont get it

It's simple if you act like a dick on a forum that you advertise on then I as will others expect you to act like a dick when it comes to the way you handle your business end.

Let's face it there has been a long line of dick providers that have proven that to be more true than false on LET.

I dont think I need to prove you anything. As I said, posts are my own and that has nothing to do with the services I or @jarland provide.
    Being associated with a company doesnt mean you cant share an opinion. This is not a press release, if it was, I would let our clients know. I dont mix fun with business. Now if you want to accept that then we are cool, if not, we'll still be cool. Knowing that you are just being picky and creating a drama where there is none because you happen to dislike me, doesnt mean you can invoke our company name and pretend I am doing announcements. I am simply posting as you are. If your boss doesnt allow you to do the same then I feel bad for you.

Cheers

@MrH said:

Custom gif!
    Thank you :p

Thanked by 1MrH
  • @MikePT that’s not a gif :I

Thanked by 2VirtualByte quick

@doghouch said:
    @MikePT that’s not a gif :I

Img I meant :>

• @MikePT said:
    No need for LiteSpeed. Engintron is enough.

Correct me if I am wrong, Litespeed you can get in shared hosting, other tweaks you can't. Even shared nginx hosting is very rare. Not everybody wants a VPS (I guess).

So what's the conclusion on buyshared.net ? I just signed for another year with my host for $9.99/year - but mine has a 5 domain limit. When my ipage (yes they are crap, I know now) contract runs out I have a few domains to move.

@dergelbe said:

@MikePT said:
    No need for LiteSpeed. Engintron is enough.

Correct me if I am wrong, Litespeed you can get in shared hosting, other tweaks you can't. Even shared nginx hosting is very rare. Not everybody wants a VPS (I guess).

So what's the conclusion on buyshared.net ? I just signed for another year with my host for $9.99/year - but mine has a 5 domain limit. When my ipage (yes they are crap, I know now) contract runs out I have a few domains to move.

Its definitely worth it. Its my conclusion. There are always a few apples (clients) that ruin the whole experience for all others. As far as I have spoke to @Francisco he is handling the issue properly and am pretty sure that things will improve. I once had a reseller account there hosting some blogs from friends and the service was totally worth the small amount of cash I paid them. Plus the support you get, not just canned replies.

Thanked by 1dergelbe
  • WSSWSS Member

@MikePT It seems that when you try to help others, you just end up getting shit on. Stop helping.

Thanked by 2hostdare MikePT