Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[request] 10Gbps VPS in LA or TX. for Pi-Hole
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[request] 10Gbps VPS in LA or TX. for Pi-Hole

dedicadosdedicados Member
edited January 2018 in Requests

Hi, looking 10Gbps connection VPS for personal pi-hole config.

Can be 512mb ram.
10GB hard drive.
ipv4

Of course 10Gbps shared.

Budget yearly, $20 or less, ( or little more )

thanks

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Your internet speed must be impressive.

Thanked by 2Aidan WSS
  • The hard drive won't have the capability to use those 10Gbps, even if some of it is cached in those small 512mb of RAM.

I can't think of any use 10Gbps can have your situation.

Thanked by 2Aidan maverickp
  • dedicados said: Budget yearly, $20 or less, ( or little more )

20/year for 10gbps eaven shared ?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

Impossible.

• Wet dreams. Nothing more.

• Why not 100gbps?

• CatalystHost 333TB plan in Texas. Use the drop down to get the yearly rate. 256mb RAM tho.

Thanked by 2vimalware gonggo
  • @vovler said:
    The hard drive won't have the capability to use those 10Gbps, even if some of it is cached in those small 512mb of RAM.

Not to mention Pi-hole uses almost no bandwidth.

• Are you one of those people who buy our 10 gbps services and then complain about latency being too high from the other side of the planet, then tell us we're scamming people because 10 gbps is supposed to subvert physics or something?

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited January 2018

lol, i dont have any complain about any service, but yes, i prefeer to have 10Gbps on my pihole server.

why? because 10Gbps server have better response than 1Gbps, or less. Even if your home/business internet is 20Mb or 50Mb, try it.

i got a VPS with Virmach last time, 10Gbps but those are in bufalo, and im looking something closer.

just try it.

• @telephone said:

@vovler said:
    The hard drive won't have the capability to use those 10Gbps, even if some of it is cached in those small 512mb of RAM.

Not to mention Pi-hole uses almost no bandwidth.

10Gbps for what is basically a DNS server?!?!

• simlev said: 10Gbps for what is basically a DNS server?!?!

yeah, even if i want to idle it, i'm looking for that specs

• @dedicados said:

simlev said: 10Gbps for what is basically a DNS server?!?!

yeah, even if i want to idle it, i'm looking for that specs

Wey be a little bit more realistic, no one is going to give you 10Gbps for a $20 yearly vps. Solamente si te hacen el paro machin.

• solairesolaire Member
    edited January 2018

dedicados said: why? because 10Gbps server have better response than 1Gbps, or less. Even if your home/business internet is 20Mb or 50Mb, try it.

i got a VPS with Virmach last time, 10Gbps but those are in bufalo, and im looking something closer.

Find a server geographically close to you that has good peering with your ISP. Unless your host node is extremely oversold, line speed shouldn't matter, and if the host node is being oversold, then you have other things to worry about.

But by all means, if you want 10 Gbps then go for it, don't listen to others.

Thanked by 2Aidan maverickp
  • As a kid, they told me that I could become everything, no matter what the others say. So I decided to become a 10Gbps connection (shared) at USD 20.- per year.

• dedicados said: because 10Gbps server have better response than 1Gbps

As long as the line isn't saturated, a 10mbps server will respond just as fast as a 10gbps server.

• WSSWSS Member

@Aidan said:

dedicados said: because 10Gbps server have better response than 1Gbps

As long as the line isn't saturated, a 10mbps server will respond just as fast as a 10gbps server.

Even faster if you slave through a local dnsmasq..

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Why not just put it on your lan?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Well, all our VDRs have 10G nodes. Lowest plan is $12 per year then $24 per year.

• @WSS said:

@Aidan said:

dedicados said: because 10Gbps server have better response than 1Gbps

Even faster if you slave through a local dnsmasq..

xxxwrt and with this : https://github.com/notracking/hosts-blocklists
    all set

• willie said: Why not just put it on your lan?

Is the lan 10 gbps!? That's all that matters, not even location is an important factor, because the number of lanes on the highway will somehow overcome the fact that all cars are still driving at the same speed.

• bahbah Member

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Well, all our VDRs have 10G nodes. Lowest plan is $12 per year then $24 per year.

I'm assuming you're talking about Impact VPS, the one in your signature. It looks like it is $12 per month and then $24 per month. The cheapest one is $132 per year.

bah said: I'm assuming you're talking about Impact VPS, the one in your signature. It looks like it is $12 per month and then $24 per month. The cheapest one is $132 per year.

https://subnetlabs.com/billing/cart.php?gid=5

VDR1 and VDR yearly. Isn't enough space on the site to list all possible plans.

• I decided to do a beta of a 10gbps connect. It was impressive. Results are below.

Aren't you curious??  

Wait for it  

Almost there!  

Thanked by 1Damian
  • @huntercop said:
    I decided to do a beta of a 10gbps connect. It was impressive. Results are below

Better call 0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Thanked by 2Ympker Damian
  • @Awmusic12635 said:

bah said: I'm assuming you're talking about Impact VPS, the one in your signature. It looks like it is $12 per month and then $24 per month. The cheapest one is $132 per year.

https://subnetlabs.com/billing/cart.php?gid=5

VDR1 and VDR yearly. Isn't enough space on the site to list all possible plans.

Uhm, I wasn't able to find specs for either VDR1 or VDR yearly. I guess they're in Seattle, though?

• simlevsimlev Member
    edited January 2018

This one has 10Gbps unmetered: TX Hybrid KVM Server 50 GB SSD NVMe - 700 GB SATA.
    At $44.50/year it's more than double your budget, but may be an attractive deal nonetheless. https://www.dedicenter.com/cart.php

simlev said: Uhm, I wasn't able to find specs for either VDR1 or VDR yearly. I guess they're in Seattle, though?

512MB RAM 10GB SSD for yearly. 1GB RAM 15GB SSD for VDR1.

All of our VDRs can deploy to seattle, dallas or nyc

Thanked by 1simlev
  • WSSWSS Member

@simlev said:
    This one has 10Gbps unmetered: TX Hybrid KVM Server 50 GB SSD NVMe - 700 GB SATA.
    At $44.50/year it's more than double your budget, but may be an attractive deal nonetheless. https://www.dedicenter.com/cart.php

Please don't suggest these folks until you've actually had service with them- then you'll know not to.

Thanked by 2simlev vimalware
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited January 2018

@simlev said:

10Gbps unmetered - $44.50 /y

Thanked by 1Aidan