Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple VPS in Germany?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Simple VPS in Germany?

Hey,
I am currently searching for a new VPS.
It should have 1024MB Ram, some vCores and 30-60GB Diskspace.
OpenVZ would be ok and it should be located in Germany with a good latency.
The server will not generate much traffic, cpu usage or diskusage. It will simply host some low traffic websites and a mail server.

The hoster should not be new in business and should have an support if there are problems. (Not managed/semi managed, but there should be someone to contact if the container is broken/the host is broken/etc.)

Are there some good offers around at the moment?

Thanks,
Simon

Comments

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    edited September 2013

Edis.at or maybe Hetzner? I have a VPS in germany at misterhost.de and Edis.

• I'll second that. Excellent performance, great uptime. They have a 1GB RAM 30GB SSD storage/1TB bandwidth special for 3.50 euros monthly (2.94 euros if you're outside the EU).
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1303590&highlight=providerservice

• skaska Member
    edited September 2013

@Raymii said:
    Edis.at or maybe Hetzner? I have a VPS in germany at misterhost.de and Edis.

Keep in mind that Edis-IPs are globally banned from Wikipedia/Wikimedia for editing if you intend to use that VPS as a VPN.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited September 2013

Maybe a bit of an overkill with their specs, but at these prices, why not try this...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13446/kvm-ovz-myrsk-com-sexy-6-99-deals-free-ftp-dns-de-us-uk-cz#latest

I'm not "selling" anything here. No relation with MyRSK, except I have just grabbed one container each in Frankfurt and Duseldorf. Had a KVM with them in Atlanta earlier this year. Rashed offers superb customer support. Pretty good latency both locations, albeit a little better in Frankfurt.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

I could work out a custom plan for you in Germany, KVM or OpenVZ, located in AcceleratedIT datacenter in Frankfurt

• Also have 2 KVM's in Frankfurt with @SpeedBus. Good customer support; great DC with fantastic latency (<80ms to US East coast :)

@andrzej said:
    Also have 2 KVM's in Frankfurt with SpeedBus. Good customer support; great DC with fantastic latency (<80ms to US East coast :)

Thanks for the mention :) Glad to know you're enjoying our services, feel free to contact us if anything :)

• I CAN NOT recommend colorhost.de

My VPS is very slow and the support won't help at all. On top of that most of their debian images are broken...

• RamiRami Member
    edited September 2013

Have one with @colorhost

colorhost.de it is great

• @ska said:
    Keep in mind that Edis-IPs are globally banned from Wikipedia/Wikimedia for editing if you intend to use that VPS as a VPN.

Why is that?

• skaska Member
    edited September 2013

@Raymii said:
    Why is that?

I don't know. Maybe some client of them had an open proxy and so wikipedia banned the whole range. Wikipedia does not like open proxies like Tor and VPNs, so you can't use those to edit on Wikipedia.

• +1 for providerservice. my xen with them is rock solid.

• lapayolapayo Member
    edited September 2013

I ordered one with providerservice, I like to support german companies and a german support is also good. :D
    But looks like they are processing orders manually, so I will have to wait a few days :/

• Good choice @lapayo - in over a year I've only asked for support once and that was about instant afaik. Keep in mind this is weekend though :) Good luck on your vps

• providerservice is solid, good choice

• you can see this primahost.info

• edited September 2013

@lapayo said:
    But looks like they are processing orders manually, so I will have to wait a few days :/

Thank you for your order. We indeed review orders manually. Once the first order has been accepted, further steps are fully automated.

However, you never need to wait more than one business day. In most cases, orders are being accepted or rejected in a few hours.

• you can try crowncloud.net ,their support very good and friendly , i have 2 box at crowncloud

• lapayolapayo Member
    edited September 2013

@ProviderService said:
    However, you never need to wait more than one business day. In most cases, orders are being accepted or rejected in a few hours.

Yeah, I had my server details since yesterday already but havent seen them. :-)

VPS looks good. :-)

• Afterburst, great support!

• @SpeedBus yearly kvm256 for $15 in Germany is out of stock at the moment. Any plans to restock?

@dannix said:
    SpeedBus yearly kvm256 for $15 in Germany is out of stock at the moment. Any plans to restock?

Sure, I've added 2 pieces in stock now :)

• @SpeedBus said:
    Sure, I've added 2 pieces in stock now :)

It looks likes you've increased the price from $15 to $18?

@dannix said:

For Germany? lemme check

@dannix said:

Not sure, if you ordered it just now or someone else did, who ever did, please open a ticket and I'll credit the $3/VPS as credit to your account.

• @SpeedBus said:
    Not sure, if you ordered it just now or someone else did, who ever did, please open a ticket and I'll credit the $3/VPS as credit to your account.

No, it wasn't me.

@dannix said:
    No, it wasn't me.

Oh, those 2 went off pretty quickly, I've added 1 more, and adjusted the price and added the $6 (2 x VPS) credit for the person who bought those 2,

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=42

• Thanks, I've got the third one with adjusted price.

• you can buy germany vps from http://avanetco.com/services/14