Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart Price raise?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart Price raise?

Sorry if this has been brought up but there prices are a mess. I NEED to move my current server to Canada from France. But like this as an example: E5v2-SAT-1-32 Says €29.39
rather than €41.99. Which I am already paying the 29 euro per month on my current one which is the SAME exact server. BUT I go to order its 41.99 euro + making me pay VAT despite having that disabled on my account as I am not in the EU.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

It's not same exact service if it's another datacentre though, is it ?

• most likely their 30% off sale ended, but they forgot to change back the prices on the listings accordingly.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

The €29.39 price was during their 30% off sale (€41.99 * 0.7 = €29.39), which as far as I'm aware is over. They are notorious bad at updating their pricing after sales are done, with the real (higher) price only being shown when you go to order.

• @Clouvider said:
    It's not same exact service if it's another datacentre though, is it ?

France Datecentre does the same exact thing. Same account I've had both Canada and France they're always the same price.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited January 2018

@MasonR said:
    The €29.39 price was during their 30% off sale (€41.99 * 0.7 = €29.39), which as far as I'm aware is over. They are notorious bad at updating their pricing after sales are done, with the real (higher) price only being shown when you go to order.

I didnt get my current one on a sale. And I'm paying a flat 29.99 euro a month. Have been since March or so on my current one anyway. This really sucks. Really wanted to go to Canada. I have to do a reinstall anyway as Plesk went up on licences. But now I cant do either. Site is too large to do this without having another new server 1TB+

• This is what I read on their website, "Offer valid for any new order, excluding renewals. 2017-12-14 From 2018-01-03 00:00 to". If eligible for promotion, the price will reduce at the checkout page. Note that the price is valid for 1st term only (monthly, quarterly, yearly)

• The prices now are higher than they ever was no promo wise. There "promo" was about close what the prices non promo used to be.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@HuntersPad said: I didnt get my current one on a sale. And I'm paying a flat 29.99 euro a month.

You sure your existing server isn't the E5v2-SAT-1-16? The original price was €29.99 when it was first released and they haven't done any recurring promos as far as I know. The couple euro increase is due to their recent pricing increase due to DDoS protection stuffs.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • The 30% discount is still applicable.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

When you are looking at around 3 years ROI for the CPU alone with none of the other hardware or service it is hardly surprising that sale prices or even regular prices for sys/ovh etc are creeping up.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited January 2018

@MasonR said:

@HuntersPad said: I didnt get my current one on a sale. And I'm paying a flat 29.99 euro a month.

You sure your existing server isn't the E5v2-SAT-1-16? The original price was €29.99 when it was first released and they haven't done any recurring promos as far as I know. The couple euro increase is due to their recent pricing increase due to DDoS protection stuffs.

Opppppppssssssssss Well I'm Stupid :D. I've been looking at the wrong ones. The ones I need are out of stock. I've had a long day

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @crpatel said:
    The 30% discount is still applicable.

Recurring?

• @mtsbatalha Nope. One time only.>

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • I think one should be happy that they did not raise the prices on your old server, but continue to honor them.....