Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone here a beta tester for cPanel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is anyone here a beta tester for cPanel?

Just like all of you, I received cPanel end of the year newsletter... and in it, they mention that they are about to launch a new product and are open to new beta testers, or as they put it, be part of their research and development team.
Wondering if any of you is in the know...

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

No. I don't use software which says you can have unlimited subdomains and can't follow through with it.

Thanked by 1jar
  • 404error404error Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:
    No. I don't use software which says you can have unlimited subdomains and can't follow through with it.

Yet your shit posting seems to be unlimited. Heya providers, this is how unlimited is supposed to be, learn with @WSS.

I hope 2018 started well for ya. :)

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • WSSWSS Member

It's a free service I provide.

Thanked by 1BecomeWebHost
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I've been a beta tester for a while but I can't really disclose much, nor do I know what you're referring to, since cPanel's team is split by teams. UI, Backend, etc.

• @404error said:
    Just like all of you, I received cPanel end of the year newsletter... and in it, they mention that they are about to launch a new product and are open to new beta testers, or as they put it, be part of their research and development team.
    Wondering if any of you is in the know...

I'm guessing you are referring to cPanel Solo. Well that isn't a new product, just a new license type where you can install it on a VPS or Dedi but you can only have 1 single cPanel account.

And you can apply in the Google Form they have setup.

• adlyadly Veteran
    edited January 2018

@zafouhar said:
    I'm guessing you are referring to cPanel Solo. Well that isn't a new product, just a new license type where you can install it on a VPS or Dedi but you can only have 1 single cPanel account.

And you can apply in the Google Form they have setup.

That sounds like an interesting product, depending on price. Got a link?

Edit: never mind, found it. Pricing isn’t attractive given its limitations.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

The survey to join does state they are only looking for those with cpanel servers hosting a single domain....

• zafouhar said: I'm guessing you are referring to cPanel Solo. Well that isn't a new product, just a new license type where you can install it on a VPS or Dedi but you can only have 1 single cPanel account.

Yep. It's been around a few months, pricing isn't brilliant though.

$15.00/month for 1 site, or... $13.95 from BuyCPanel for a VM with coupon code. (WHT13XTRA?)

I guess if you have a dedicated server literally hosting one powerful website it would make sense, but pricing is too expensive IMO.

Already available for purchase (3rd selection)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Kris said: I guess if you have a dedicated server literally hosting one powerful website it would make sense

VM license for a dedicated server is only $15/mo. You'd have to be really busy to need that extra few percent of VM overhead. I suspect if your site is that busy, you would be using something other than cPanel.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • KrisKris Member
    edited January 2018

raindog308 said: VM license for a dedicated server is only $15/mo. You'd have to be really busy to need that extra few percent of VM overhead. I suspect if your site is that busy, you would be using something other than cPanel.

Not quite. You'd be surprised the sites that run cPanel. Not everyone runs a hypervisor with a VM to get licensing like we do. Most pay $34.95/mo or the stupider cPanel pricing.

I'm sure some bare-metal users will pick this up, not an interesting offer though for any of us.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Is cpanel for Windows coming back?

LOL

• @lonea said:
    Is cpanel for Windows coming back?

LOL

I don't see that panel in your future.