Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WTB] 1.5TB storage with 1280MB (min) RAM VPS (Wanted)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WTB] 1.5TB storage with 1280MB (min) RAM VPS (Wanted)

majesticmajestic Member
edited January 2018 in Requests

Hi Guys,

Due to ZXHost is closing down, a lot of us are having to move our data elsewhere. Sadly I am one of them. I am now looking for a year+ plan which has at a minimum the following specs:

1280MB RAM min, however, 2GB would be even better.
Connectivity needs to be decent to DE (Hetzner), NL (AMS), SK (Bratislava). Decent being throughput and about 20ms or less latency are ideal.

This means no offers in the USA sadly.

Locations which are most suitable are: DE, NL, SK, CZ in that order. I am not sure about other locations but if you're unsure, pop me a message with an IP or looking glass and I can check.

This also needs to be KVM, VMWare or XEN Hypervisors due to running CoreOS docker ceph cluster for my docker environment. CoreOS will be the disto if you don't directly support this, as long as your willing to upload the ISO to your storage, I can sort the rest out as it will be manually installed.

1.2GB RAM is required for CoreOS, this really is the lowest, it won't install/boot up with 1GB RAM.

So with this in mind, does anyone have some nice deals. Please be aware that I prefer to pay yearly or three in advance so bare this in mind with your offers.

Kind Regards,

Simon

Comments

• https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/133726/hosthatch-christmas-and-new-years-2018-deals

If you're lucky you still could get one of these and ask for the RAM to be bumped a bit.

• majesticmajestic Member
    edited January 2018

Awesome @Lion, looking at it now.

Sadly this is HostHatch, I grabbed two of them in NL the other day but they didn't have a spare NL node for a third which was a massive shame.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • simlevsimlev Member
    edited January 2018

This is a good thread, let's see if any provider wants to make an offer catered towards ZXHost refugees.

@majestic said:
    I grabbed two of them in NL the other day but they didn't have a spare NL node for a third which was a massive shame.

Were you able to get a RAM bump? I think someone else asked for increased RAM and it was denied.

P.S. Have a look at ultravps.eu

• Yes, due to issues with their systems. They had CoreOS as an offering which doesn't work. Even uploading ISO yourself, failed too. I later tracked this down to a RAM issue a couple of hours later. Sadly I was unaware that CoreOS even tho a clean install is around 50MB or so used, refuses to boot/install on anything less than 1152 RAM (1GB+128MB). After explaining to them, we came to an arrangement.

I will say, I am very impressed with them (so far), very quick responses and very friendly/honest staff. They could have easily sold me another VPS but they didn't due to not being able to put it on another physical node due to mines all for CEPH and would defeat the object on the same node. They did offer to put the third in the stock home but the latency was too high. Just their honestly gives them more than a thumbs up from me and will hopefully continue to do business with them for many years to come.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @majestic said: ZXHost is closing down

where did you get this info?

• @simlev said:
    This is a good thread, let's see if any provider wants to make an offer catered towards ZXHost refugees.

@majestic said:
    I grabbed two of them in NL the other day but they didn't have a spare NL node for a third which was a massive shame.

Were you able to get a RAM bump? I think someone else asked for increased RAM and it was denied.

besides hosthatch (probably sold out) you could look at speedykvm 3-year offers if US is an option.

or as @simlev suggested look at https://www.ultravps.eu/en/?pdid=OB595E46555DO6331C64 (refereal might give additional 15% discount on first 6 month)
    they're still having their BF storage deals available. not as cheap, but prices include german VAT, which they deduct for non-european customers and brings the price down to 4,20€/TB. nice to see, they extended it for another two month, so probably quite some space left...

Thanked by 1majestic
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2018

double comment

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@simlev said:

The difference being 1 GB extra and 128-256 MB RAM :)

Thanked by 1majestic
  • Thanked by 1ehab
  • majestic said: hey had CoreOS as an offering which doesn't work. Even uploading ISO yourself, failed too. I l

@ehab said:

@majestic said: ZXHost is closing down

where did you get this info?

In an email from him earlier today.. or at the very least the LEB Storage nodes are going for GOOD.

• @Falzo said:

@simlev said:

@majestic said:

Thank you kindly. I will check them out when I get home within the next couple of hours.

• @Falzo said:

@simlev said:

@majestic said:

besides hosthatch (probably sold out) you could look at speedykvm 3-year offers if US is an option.

or as @simlev suggested look at https://www.ultravps.eu/en/?pdid=OB595E46555DO6331C64 (refereal might give additional 15% discount on first 6 month)
    they're still having their BF storage deals available. not as cheap, but prices include german VAT, which they deduct for non-european customers and brings the price down to 4,20€/TB. nice to see, they extended it for another two month, so probably quite some space left...

If they had it in Düsseldorf, I might have gotten one. Still looking for a good server with >3TB bandwidth in Düsseldorf.

• Thank you kindly for the offers. I am awaiting a possible deal with one which I hope to know in a few hours.