Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which coin to mine with CPU? (plz no trolls xD) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which coin to mine with CPU? (plz no trolls xD)

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:
    someone should start a which coin to mine on android phone since it's alot cheaper considering the highly available free charging stations around the city/shops and work.

IncelCoin 2018. Calling it now.

• beaglebeagle Member
    edited January 2018

@needavps said:
    someone should start a which coin to mine on android phone since it's alot cheaper considering the highly available free charging stations around the city/shops and work.

I believe the Monero team is creating a mining app.

It will probably be a great way to turn your mobile into a heater. :-)

• I believe the Monero team is creating a mining app.

Are they?

Investing in mobile battery makers ASAP!

• @needavps said:

Etn has one in the official Android app, but it has been offline for a log long time

• WSSWSS Member

bertkerns.

• @WSS: which coin are you mining now?

• WSSWSS Member

@levnode SheiBnuggets. Every so often you mine a mint, but you usually end up with peanuts and corn.

• Looks like all the crypto currencies are coming down huge decrease.

• @WebGuru said:
    Looks like all the crypto currencies are coming down huge decrease.

If they're all crashing it will be temporary, it should pick back up.

• @WSS said:
    @levnode SheiBnuggets. Every so often you mine a mint, but you usually end up with peanuts and corn.

Lol. Pump and dump?

• chinese fud

• Are many people mining still? Big drop in electroneum mining reward last days because difficulty up. Verium also hard because network hash rate up. What is now best choice?

• Verium is still profitable but not like before there is more thn 50% decrease in price

Thanked by 1Penguin
  • @WebGuru said:
    Verium is still profitable but not like before there is more thn 50% decrease in price

Big decrease in price but was also giving less coins last few days so double hit

• @Penguin said:

@WebGuru said:
    Verium is still profitable but not like before there is more thn 50% decrease in price

Big decrease in price but was also giving less coins last few days so double hit

Yes and interesting point to note is that VRM price is not going up anymore when BTC price goes up (almost every other coin see a massive increase when BTC price increase)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Is there any modern CPU that is actually uneconomical to mine with? And by uneconomical, I mean where you will not be able to cover cost of electricity?

As far as I can see, almost any AES enabled CPU can mine Cryptonote based coins profitably. If you consider the COST of the CPU, and the ROI, then few (if any) actually make any sense to buy. But if you already have the CPUs available, then why not? Which CPU is actually NOT profitable?

• @randvegeta said:
    Is there any modern CPU that is actually uneconomical to mine with? And by uneconomical, I mean where you will not be able to cover cost of electricity?

As far as I can see, almost any AES enabled CPU can mine Cryptonote based coins profitably. If you consider the COST of the CPU, and the ROI, then few (if any) actually make any sense to buy. But if you already have the CPUs available, then why not? Which CPU is actually NOT profitable?

Maybe true for short term. If cpu idle for long term and you say buying cpu not making sense then if selling price is close to buying price you sell it.

• @WebGuru said:
    Yes and interesting point to note is that VRM price is not going up anymore when BTC price goes up (almost every other coin see a massive increase when BTC price increase)

Do you know any reason why is that?

• WSSWSS Member

• @Penguin said:

@WebGuru said:

True same hardware was generating 3 coins a day for me before a couple of weeks ago when price was $14+ and now its not even able to generate 1 coin in a day when the price is less thn $8.

• GPU mine Ethereum.

• Verium is a shitcoin.

• RamiRami Member
    edited January 2018

@WebGuru said:

@Penguin said:

@WebGuru said:

True same hardware was generating 3 coins a day for me before a couple of weeks ago when price was $14+ and now its not even able to generate 1 coin in a day when the price is less thn $8.

Because of the increase in difficulty
    The bigger the network the more the difficulty increase the less coins you get

• @Rami said:

@WebGuru said:

@Penguin said:

@WebGuru said:

Guess need to find another cpu coin with good price and less difficulty.

• @WebGuru said:

@Rami said:

@WebGuru said:

@Penguin said:

@WebGuru said:

Guess need to find another cpu coin with good price and less difficulty.

ETN is the best at the moment

• @WebGuru said:

@Penguin said:

@WebGuru said:

Your drop is too big. Something wrong with pool or miner? My calculation is vrm per 10 kh/m = 1 coin/day at start of month, 0.75 coin 2 weeks ago and 0.6 coin today. Try different pool and check miner is submitting hashes.

• HODL seems to be good for intel :^)

• jhjh Member

At this stage, youd probably do better buying a pickaxe and physically mining old coins

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited January 2018

I am mining ~0.1 vrm/day with ks-4c to ovh pool (cpuminer_1.4_linux_x64_O2_GCC7 on ubuntu 16.04.3). It could be a little better.

• IamIam Member
    edited January 2018

Aidan said: Verium is a shitcoin.

Please read their white paper or roadmap https://portal.vericoin.info/roadmap-the-future-of-vericoin/

It more promising than ETN.