Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which coin to mine with CPU? (plz no trolls xD) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which coin to mine with CPU? (plz no trolls xD)

Comments

• lionlion Member
    edited January 2018

@isaacl said:
    Newbie question - which software(s) are people using to mine Electroneum? And on which distro(s)?
    Figure I may as well give it a shot...

https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak to mine, be sure to remove the donation fee

http://easyhash.io/ mining pool

and now nanopool perhaps

Thanked by 1isaacl
  • It seems the only place to exchange ETN is cryptopia, which is registration paused. Anyone knows for how long will this last?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@xNEO said:
    It seems the only place to exchange ETN is cryptopia, which is registration paused. Anyone knows for how long will this last?

Nope. I was able to sign up at the end of last week in the midst of their email issues somehow.

But as ETN continues to gain in popularity and price, it's only a matter of time until other exchanges pick it up too.

Thanked by 1xNEO
  • @spammy said:

@florianb said:
    For the moment Electroneum is the best choice baring in mind the value is going to raise up in the future. Currently taking into account 1KH/s on XMR gives you a plain profit of roughly $73 (~0.19XMR) without any pool fees or power costs, while ETN gives you whopping $228 (~1568ETN) which is a good factor of x3.1.

Which pool do you mine? I mine at easyhash with around 1k hashrate on etn and only get 10 etns a day...

https://etn.spacepools.org/

• @florianb said:

@spammy said:

@florianb said:
    For the moment Electroneum is the best choice baring in mind the value is going to raise up in the future. Currently taking into account 1KH/s on XMR gives you a plain profit of roughly $73 (~0.19XMR) without any pool fees or power costs, while ETN gives you whopping $228 (~1568ETN) which is a good factor of x3.1.

Which pool do you mine? I mine at easyhash with around 1k hashrate on etn and only get 10 etns a day...

And you get 1568ETN with 1K hashrate?

• RamiRami Member
    edited January 2018

ETN is the most profitable coin for now and it is very promising as well
    For exchangers it is a mater of time as @MasonR said, For now you can generate an offline wallet and mine to it then transfer to the new exchangers or to Cryptopia when it open registration again
    Edit: or even an online wallet on https://my.electroneum.com/

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • IamIam Member

WebGuru said: VRM is coming down and now it is at $12 after reaching $21 just a couple of days ago. Electroneum on the side doubled from 8 cent to 16 cent within a few days

Yes from 6 -> 21 -> 12 but still profitable for me.

45 coins x 12 = 540 USD (Kimsufi renewal is 160 USD for 10 servers).

• @jarland You get it. It is about the technology behind the cryptocurrency that makes it valuable beyond mere speculation.

Thanked by 1southy
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2018

Back in 2013-14 had as main computer a monster blade 2U 2x E5520 16 threads because at that time my room was very cold and used that instead of an extra heater and did a great job as it had a pcix-16 slot too and put in a minimalistic card which didnt require separate power 45xx i think and used that too.
    I mined some 170k doge coins in total but i am not even sure, could have been 270k or 470k, I am restoring the wallet now to make sure, just started so it will take a very long time to sync...
    That is the only time i mined anything but i dont regret it now. Should i have bought more bitcoins though... But i thought, better mine something, rather than investing a lot of money.

• I'm new to etn, I'm using xmrig-proxy to mine etn to nanopool, and from time to time I was getting these kind of errors: "rejected...Block expired","connection reset by peer", although some valid shares can still be submitted to the pool . Mining xmr is just fine, is it some kind of compatibility problem?

• @Maounique said.
    I mined some 170k doge coins in total but i am not even sure, could have been 270k or 470k, I am restoring the wallet now to make sure, just started so it will take a very long time to sync...

You lucky bastard. I also started mining just for fun back then, had a plain PC with a pretty decent GPU running for some months. In the end I had made ~1 BTC and decided it’s not worth the effort as I would have to invest in equipment heavvily.
    Good luck restoring your wallet!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • edited January 2018

Last night, i'm searching my old altcoin, and found so many emc2+fluttercoin+benjiroll+sakuracoin and sell it at $700.

For etn an xmr, still mine and keep it

i give the money to my wife. <3

• @xNEO said:
    I'm new to etn, I'm using xmrig-proxy to mine etn to nanopool, and from time to time I was getting these kind of errors: "rejected...Block expired","connection reset by peer", although some valid shares can still be submitted to the pool . Mining xmr is just fine, is it some kind of compatibility problem?

This is my guess based on a few days of experiment...basically ETN is good if you have some reasonable hashrate, and it will just yield nothing, whereas XMR would give you "something" no matter how low your HS is.

I tried to mine XMR and ETN on RPi as an experiment, ETN doesn't even show the HS on the website after running for a whole day (which means the hashes are mostly rejected), XMR at least gave me about 10HS.

Thanked by 1xNEO
  • spammy said: I tried to mine XMR and ETN on RPi as an experiment, ETN doesn't even show the HS on the website after running for a whole day (which means the hashes are mostly rejected), XMR at least gave me about 10HS.

totally wrong ! something is not ok there , ETN is the most proffitable in this moment...

• are you holding yours? or selling them to cover your expenses?

@cociu said:
    totally wrong ! something is not ok there , ETN is the most proffitable in this moment...

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2018

cpsd said: are you holding yours? or selling them to cover your expenses?

i hold 80% of them , the rest 20% is for get the electrical power cost. For me is the same , i have the hardware yet so if i will be luck to the coin grow i am happy. if not .. we work for free (not so much work any way)

Also i am obligated to send thanks to @Rami , he know for what.

Thanked by 2Aidan Rami
  • @cociu said:

spammy said: I tried to mine XMR and ETN on RPi as an experiment, ETN doesn't even show the HS on the website after running for a whole day (which means the hashes are mostly rejected), XMR at least gave me about 10HS.

Have you tried really really low HS in a public pool? I am talking like 10HS here...

• lurchlurch Member
    edited January 2018

@florianb said:

@spammy said:

@florianb said:

Decided to do some etc using spacepools , whats a good difficulty number to use as i've just tried walletaddress for now.

• @cociu said:
    Also i am obligated to send thanks to @Rami , he know for what.

You're very welcome :)

• RizRiz Member

I sold off ETN recently and found Cryptopia to be a breeze.

Transfer / checking balance is all CLI but it works well and easy enough.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

What about just investing? Who would you invest with? Wouldn't it be easier? Or is the turn around not as high? ...or not as fun?

• RizRiz Member

@oneilonline said:
    What about just investing? Who would you invest with? Wouldn't it be easier? Or is the turn around not as high? ...or not as fun?

ROI on investing is much quicker at this point.

• WSSWSS Member

I'll stick to mining buttnuggets.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

@WSS said: I'll stick to mining buttnuggets.

Input? Output? Diversified portfolio? How are you vested today?

• WSSWSS Member

@oneilonline said:

@WSS said: I'll stick to mining buttnuggets.

Input? Output? Diversified portfolio? How are you vested today?

Primarily output; and I'm quite well vested- I've started storing them in the neighbors' ciste-oh no I'm not telling you where I put them!

• @Iam said: I use 10 Kimsufi KS-4C and can got 1.5 coin/day.

Can you still get 1.5 coin/day? Pool stats are 1kh/s = 4.5 coin/day so 1kh/m = 0.075 coin/day. With 15kh/m = 1.1 coin/day or still 1.5?

• IamIam Member
    edited January 2018

Penguin said: Can you still get 1.5 coin/day? Pool stats are 1kh/s = 4.5 coin/day so 1kh/m = 0.075 coin/day. With 15kh/m = 1.1 coin/day or still 1.5?

3 days ago around 1.6 and yesterday 1.1

Edit:

But for me still profitable compared to ETN. Per kimsufi server (i5-2400) perday got 5 ETN.

10 x 5 x 30 = 1500 coins per month. 1500 x 0.15 USD = 225. Well I still got 396 USD if perday decreased to 1.1 coin.

Thanked by 1Penguin
  • oneilonline said: What about just investing? Who would you invest with? Wouldn't it be easier? Or is the turn around not as high? ...or not as fun?

dont trust what i tell you but from my info , ETN will be tranzactionated at least one more portal in the maximum next 30 days... so if this is true yes is a good inversion. Also due of btc fees Altcoins this year will be valued.

• @spammy said:

This is my guess based on a few days of experiment...basically ETN is good if you have some reasonable hashrate, and it will just yield nothing, whereas XMR would give you "something" no matter how low your HS is.

I tried to mine XMR and ETN on RPi as an experiment, ETN doesn't even show the HS on the website after running for a whole day (which means the hashes are mostly rejected), XMR at least gave me about 10HS.

That's why I use a proxy to collect those low HS. After a whole day mining via xmrig-proxy, the nanopool on-site hashrate shows ~2.4kh/s, ~80 etn per day.
    Seems everything looks just fine.

• @xNEO said:

@spammy said:

That's why I use a proxy to collect those low HS. After a whole day mining via xmrig-proxy, the nanopool on-site hashrate shows ~2.4kh/s, ~80 etn per day.
    Seems everything looks just fine.

Just curious how many workers do you have? I read somewhere that if you have less than 15 workers you HS might be negatively impacted.