Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone knows whats up with NodeDeploy?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone knows whats up with NodeDeploy?

lapayolapayo Member
edited September 2013 in Providers

Hey,
I hope this is the right forum.
Does anyone know whats up with NodeDeploy?

I have a 1GB VPS in Germany with them and the problems started 4 days ago, when I got heavy network issues.

Then 2 days ago my server completely went offline and I wasnt able to restart it, Solusvm only gave me "Gateway Timeout" or showed: "Ram: 0/0 HDD: 0/0 Swap: 0/0"

A few minutes ago I was able to start the server again, but it still has very heavy network issues. (Very slow, often it does not respond to pings)

I already contacted the support, but they are not answering even on highest priority.

So does someone know whats up there? Hope they dont deadpool (At least before I have backups)

Thanks,
Simon

Edit: Well it is down again. Solus VM showing zeros. :(

Comments

• This is exactly what i have from the noc:

We noticed that our DNS subsystem was not responding to queries and started to investigate the cause for this. After resolving the problems here we found out that our core router at Global Switch in Frankfurt started to lose the connectivity to some ip ranges in our network. This also seemed to be the cause for the unavailability of our DNS subsystem.

After some further investigation we found out that this issue could be crumbled down to a linecard in our router. After restarting the affected linecard the situation normalized and got back to normal at 06:12:32 AM CEST.

We have a ticket open with our vendor Juniper and will closely monitor the situation after this and capture debug information on the box in case the problem occurs again so we can investigate further.

DE-CIX has also been having issues w/ GloalSwitch lately.

• lapayolapayo Member
    edited September 2013

Thanks for your answer Brad.
    According to your quote the situation should be resolved, but I still have issues. :/
    http://i.imagebanana.com/img/x36kqhbi/packetloss.PNG

Edit:
    http://i.imagebanana.com/img/fvyf5atm/solusvm.PNG

• skaska Member
    edited September 2013

@BradND said:
    DE-CIX has also been having issues w/ GloalSwitch lately.

How is DE-CIX affiliated with Globalswitch?

• vaviloffvaviloff Member
    edited September 2013

Good to know NodeDeploy is alive, but guys, keeping customers in the dark for 24+ hours... not cool.

I use my box with you for production (silly me) and a simple answer like "we have network issues, ETA unknown, you should deploy your backup elsewhere" would totally suffice.

And by the way - network's unstable again.

Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... failed: Name or service not known. wget: unable to resolve host address cachefly.cachefly.net'

• Try using open dns or google resolvers?

• 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are used for resolving in Ubuntu 12.04 server VPS template by default. But it won't work, not every time. Often it is not possible to connect to VPS via ssh or http. Unstable.

• Yes, it is very unstable, look at the screenshot, it wasnt normal packetloss but the server going offline. I also made the mistake to rely on this vps :/ (Yeah my fault)

• Looks like there is a isolated issue on Athena, we're looking at it.

• It looks like you can switch to using your own local caching resolver or others to resolve this temporarily...

• I have two vps with them. I powered off the kvm one one week ago and could not power it on. Opened a ticket and still waiting.
    The other one, a openvz, was down for two days and know it is working.
    Two tickets but no response :-(

• My KVM VPS with them in Germany has had 100% uptime the past three weeks. :)

• @Jeffrey said:
    My KVM VPS with them in Germany has had 100% uptime the past three weeks. :)

Mine has several months of uptime. I understand that computers fail and I do not mind to have downtime (also it has a good price). But I am concerned because I opened a ticket one week ago and no one contacted me. I opened a second ticket on friday and still waiting.

• That's the funny part, the VPS that I have difficulty connecting to, has 124 days uptime. The vps is fine, it's the network that is malfunctioning.

Looks like there is a isolated issue on Athena, we're looking at it.

Looking forward to you looking at it, @BradND
    Also would be thrilled to know why you ignore our tickets.

BTW, is NodeDeploy a One-man-show?

• Issues with Athena are resolved, needed to up the ip conntrack limit due to high PPS.

• @Jack said:
    3 people are involved but I believe Brad is the one with the brains out of 3.

I think that they have a lot of work. My server has been down for almost 2 weeks. I opened two tickets and still waiting.
    I will change my provider. I think that the support is very poor.

• @BraND, I can wait few days if you are busy, but I opened two tickets two weeks ago and no one contacted me. You are also closing automatically my tickets.

I am sorry, but I will request cancelation for all of my vps.
    I think that two weeks is a lot of time to attend a vps down ticket :-(

• @Enrique The only servers that are "offline" are the ones in LA, which we sent a migration email over a month ago, if you didn't request a migration then.. we can create a new server for you. Email me direct and we'll get you sorted [email protected]

• @BradND said:
    Enrique The only servers that are "offline" are the ones in LA, which we sent a migration email over a month ago, if you didn't request a migration then.. we can create a new server for you. Email me direct and we'll get you sorted [email protected]

Hi Brand. I sent you an email.

Thanks,

• @BranND has solved me the problem, and he will append time to my invoice to compensate the downtime.

Thanks to everyone,