Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: cheap Dublin VPS that doesn't suck
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: cheap Dublin VPS that doesn't suck

We are looking for a low end VPS provider:

• in Dublin,
  • with good connectivity (low latency, high uptime) to AWS Dublin and the major exchange points,
  • as well as support for Bitcoin/etc payments.

(No we do not require a "bulletproof" host and yes everything we do complies with the TOS of any reasonable provider.)

Our current Dublin provider is not really satisfactory... new servers often are not network accessible until a support ticket has been filed, the servers are slow and uptime-deficient even by low end VPS standards...

VZ type: Any
Number of cores / HW specs: 1 core with 1GB RAM is fine.
Bandwidth / Port Speed: > 500GB @ 1Gbit. Latency is a bigger issue than bandwidth.
DDoS protection: Not required.
IPs: One is fine.
Budget: ideally 4-5€/mo
Billing: monthly

Comments

• Dediserve? Don't know if there lowend offer is still available

• Why not tag them while you're at it? @dediserve

• You rang??? :)

Always happy to help, the LET offer is still available and can be found here;
    https://manage.dediserve.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=375

It's hidden to non-LET users.

Thanks for the tag @teamacc

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited January 2018

https://aws.amazon.com/lightsail/pricing/

Maybe directly at Amazon?
    Oh well, their littlest plan hasn't 1GB RAM.

• @shell @dediserve that's awesome :) but would you please add payment via cryptocurrency? (e.g with BitPay or Coinify) it's one of the criteria in my post for a reason... we've standardised on that for hosting payments, and it means providers don't have to worry about payment fraud or 3% credit card fees...

• @Incendiu said:
    @shell @dediserve that's awesome :) but would you please add payment via cryptocurrency? (e.g with BitPay or Coinify) it's one of the criteria in my post for a reason... we've standardised on that for hosting payments, and it means providers don't have to worry about payment fraud or 3% credit card fees...

Hi there, we'd absolutely love to, however cryptocurrency tends to bring with it a large amount of fraudulent activity (nothing implied, just statistics) so it's a market we'd ideally like to avoid, we don't charge fees for cards, debit, credit or otherwise however :)

• @Dediserve Well, I did note in my original post that "we do not require a "bulletproof" host and yes everything we do complies with the TOS of any reasonable provider"... we don't even need DDoS protection :)

I do hope you're not judging cryptocurrencies off a bad experience from a few years ago... the market has changed quite dramatically even over the last few months. A colleague was telling me something like 35% of professionals in South Korea now actively trade Bitcoin? We've moved a lot of operations over to targeting the blockchain/cryptocurrency space, not because we do anything dodgy, but because that's simply where the money is right now.

• @Incendiu said:
    @Dediserve Well, I did note in my original post that "we do not require a "bulletproof" host and yes everything we do complies with the TOS of any reasonable provider"... we don't even need DDoS protection :)

I do hope you're not judging cryptocurrencies off a bad experience from a few years ago... the market has changed quite dramatically even over the last few months. A colleague was telling me something like 35% of professionals in South Korea now actively trade Bitcoin? We've moved a lot of operations over to targeting the blockchain/cryptocurrency space, not because we do anything dodgy, but because that's simply where the money is right now.

Well then, it seems we check all the boxes and more! :) If you'd like to give us a try do let me know.

As mentioned, nothing implied, we get the market is booming right now, but from our experience Bitcoin combined with low-value VPS instances creates for a bad time where fraud is concerned.

• I am still looking for one !