Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moved solusvm openvz root password issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moved solusvm openvz root password issue

I had moved all my vps over to new server including the master and now none of the root passwords seem to work I have ticket open with solusvm lets see who can help solve this faster I thank everyone in advanced

Comments

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited September 2013

vzctl set {ctid} --userpasswd root:{passwd}

• didn't work.
    I've done the following which hasn't worked

• Changed it via passwd ssh command in the console
    • I've entered the vps through the master and tried it
    • I've even tried both above and rebooting the vps with no luck..

I swear today isn't my lucky day and tomorrow isn't looking good neigher

• Out of curiosity, do you have direct root access enabled or you trying to enter through substitute user (su) command?

• When you say the root passwords don't work, do you mean from the console, i.e. su'ing from the command line or via SSH?

• @Spirit said:
    Out of curiosity, do you have direct root access enabled or you trying to enter through substitute user (su) command?

yes

@Microlinux said:
    When you say the root passwords don't work, do you mean from the console, i.e. su'ing from the command line or via SSH?

haven't had to do that before why would it do that now

@Jack said:
    You've probably not got ip forwarding enabled.

something tells me your close.

• @Snickertastic said:
    haven't had to do that before why would it do that now

I'm not sure what you mean, I wasn't asking you to do anything. I am trying clarify exactly what "none of the root passwords seem to work" means. There are two ways to login, locally and remotely.

• SnickertasticSnickertastic Member
    edited September 2013

Issue has been solved by editing the content in the ifconfig. passwords I ment per openvz vps node not the root password.