Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ElasticEmail, anyone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ElasticEmail, anyone?

404error404error Member
edited December 2017 in General

Heya all,

Do you guys have any experience with it ElasticEmail?

elasticemail.com

Comments

• No, but they use GoDaddy for registration, so that's unlikely to change.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @WSS said:
    No, but they use GoDaddy for registration, so that's unlikely to change.

Why would that reflect badly on their service? And, or company as a whole?

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

We used them for quite a few months but when OVH had their power outages, they went completely offline and seemed to have no redundancy or plan to react but simply wait until OVH came back up, we left after that incident.

• Because if someone hits GD with a "OMG THEY'RE (indirectly) HOSTING SOMETHING I DISLIKE", their TLD will be yanked faster than @Nekki in Thailand. No trust means no service.

• @WSS said:
    Because if someone hits GD with a "OMSG THEY'RE (indirectly) HOSTING SOMETHING I DISLIKE", their TLD will be yanked faster than @Nekki in Thailand. No trust means no service.

I was not aware that godaddy could strip anyone away from their tld.
    Suspend servers for hosting "this or that" sure... But the TLD.

Who experienced that?

• @SpartanHost said:
    We used them for quite a few months but when OVH had their power outages, they went completely offline and seemed to have no redundancy or plan to react but simply wait until OVH came back up, we left after that incident.

Makes sense. Who are you using now?

Sidenote; their free offer is quite good, assuming the service works.

• @404error said:

@WSS said:
    Because if someone hits GD with a "OMSG THEY'RE (indirectly) HOSTING SOMETHING I DISLIKE", their TLD will be yanked faster than @Nekki in Thailand. No trust means no service.

Who experienced that?

You can't seriously suggest that all of these were directly invalidating their ToS.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@404error said:

@SpartanHost said:

Makes sense. Who are you using now?

Sidenote; their free offer is quite good, assuming the service works.

Sparkpost, managed to grab one of their free accounts when they offered them.

The elasticemail free plan is in deed very good and I liked their reports of sent email, you're able to view the actual email message and whether it was opened or not. We experienced quite a lot of them delaying sending our emails so that contributed to our decision to leave. If you don't send too much then you'll probably have no issues with that.

• I mean it's not something new. I would recommend using mailchimp to manage your lists and then creating your own campaigns. Drip campaigns also go a long way.
    https://mailchimp.com/features/marketing-automation/

• 404error404error Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@404error said:

@WSS said:

Who experienced that?

You can't seriously suggest that all of these were directly invalidating their ToS.

So I take it that you don't know any example you can share beyond a quick Google search?

btw I did that search and read the first few results.
    TLDR: People "forget" to keep their accounts on good standing (payments) then complain godaddy "took their domain".
    There's also the one about people thinking that GoDaddy stole their domain idea.

That said, I place GoDaddy and EIG in the same bag, don't want to deal with them BUT I don't think any less of people that host at thew new and improve HostGator or register their domain via GoDaddy.

• 404error404error Member
    edited December 2017

@cheapwebdev said:
    I mean it's not something new. I would recommend using mailchimp to manage your lists and then creating your own campaigns. Drip campaigns also go a long way.
    https://mailchimp.com/features/marketing-automation/

I don't like MailChimp pricing, specially the part about their "contacts" tiers.

I also thought about SendGrid, but that 150.000 free vs 150.000 at $57,47/month is well.. hard to resist to.

But at the same time it seems to good to be true, thus the topic.

PS: Wondering how "unlimited"! Mailchimp "unlimited" really is.

• @404error said:
    So I take it that you don't know any example you can share beyond a quick Google search?

Your business ain't my job, paulof. Good luck.

• I use their free version. About 5000 newsletter per month. No problems until yet. But I have no problem if there is an outage. I send them a day later

Only some government mail addresses are blocked.. No problem.. It's free :-)

• If you are willing to pay and have legit subscribers... try sendinblue. Really good.

• You start off on shit IPs. My mails weren't delivering to email hosted by Microsoft ie outlook.com, hotmail etc.

Had to contact them and get ips changed. It was better after that. But we moved to a custom hosted setup with Amazon SES.

It's a lot more cheaper and flexible. Plus great delivery till now.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

They seem to have a pretty good system to nanage contacts, send newsletters etc. IIRC they deliver using SES basically. I have not tried their email delivery.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

ElasticEmail use reputation system, if you do not send one day/month emails, account reputation go down and the domain name verification system one second validate the domain and the next not, very odd. My personal choice is sparkpost or sendgrid