Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN CE Installation Script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN CE Installation Script

minicikamcikminicikamcik Member
edited December 2017 in Help

Hello everyone,

I have found Angristan's OpenVPN script but I was wondering if it will install community edition?

I want to setup a VPN on a VPS for students and users will change time to time. They all will have .ovpn certs pre-installed with no username-password authentication, can I just pass a single cert and don't generate one each time?

Comments

• Do the install yourself. IIRC there is an option to allow the same cert to be used by multiple clients. Wouldn't do it though as if it becomes compromised you will reissue everyone a new one.

• By default, it's setup for one client/one IP. You'll have to modify the script for each client, or setup a whole sub-dhcp setup for the network, and then you won't have granular control. It's just as easy to rewrite the script to generate new certs on the fly and keep a local copy of the static private IP assigned.

• Started playing around with OpenVPN recently, and using a single cert for multiple users was as easy as adding duplicate-cn in the server conf.

Personal use is one thing like where you don't care to control access on a client-by-client basis, but otherwise it's not recommended I believe.

Thanked by 1minicikamcik