Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[FlowVPS][Boxing Day] Australian 1U $65 AUD/month & Raspberry Pi Colocation $10 AUD/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[FlowVPS][Boxing Day] Australian 1U $65 AUD/month & Raspberry Pi Colocation $10 AUD/month

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
edited December 2017 in Offers

Hey everyone,

Something a bit different for a boxing day sale, colocation in Australia at silly cheap prices.

1U Colocation

0.5 Amps @ 230V - A+B Power if hardware supports
1 IP address
8TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps - Free upgrade to 10Gbps handoff
Free rack and stack
$65 AUD/month
[Order Now! Equinix SY3]
[Order Now! Equinix SY4]

Raspberry Pi Colocation - Sydney

1 IP address
1TB Bandwidth @ 100Mbps
Free rack and stack
No case or cables required.
$10 AUD/month
[Order Now!]

Preorder: (We are still getting this setup, just a chance to lock in your pricing)

1U Colocation - Equinix ME1

0.5 Amps @ 230V - A+B Power if hardware supports
1 IP address
8TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
Free rack and stack
$65 AUD/month
[Order Now!]

Test IP: 43.245.167.1 - This IP is our current upstream, a new networking is being built out and will get an even better experience, details below.

New network:
Telstra - Coming online this week
TPG - Coming online in a couple of weeks
TATA - Coming online in a couple of weeks

IX Australia, Equinox IX, PIPE IX and Mega IX all in the works.

Comments

• Think you got the 1u and rpi pricing backwards...

• Man, As an Aussie, loving it!
    Wish the RPi colo was cheaper though, don't need that much bandwidth

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@iwaswrongonce said:
    Think you got the 1u and rpi pricing backwards...

All pricing is correct.

@bohdans said:
    Man, As an Aussie, loving it!
    Wish the RPi colo was cheaper though, don't need that much bandwidth

Unfortunately $10/month is the lowest price that's possible on this so some extra bandwidth was thrown in as a value add.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Heck 10 AUD is cheap for that imo, considering it's in Australia. I've never even seen that in the U.S.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Does anybody know of any local RPi resellers in Australia that I could order from and have shipped to the data center?

• KuJoe said: Does anybody know of any local RPi resellers in Australia that I could order from and have shipped to the data center?

>

Element 14 and dx.com both have AU warehouses and ship to AU.

• Nice. No idea what to do with an rpi in AU though :).

• @willie said:
    Nice. No idea what to do with an rpi in AU though :).

Why not the standard routine? Those gcc builds won't build themselves :')

• @KuJoe said:
    Does anybody know of any local RPi resellers in Australia that I could order from and have shipped to the data center?

Check core-electronics, they're top stuff.

• willie said: Nice. No idea what to do with an rpi in AU though :).

IRC Bouncer, FreePBX Box, VPN Terminator, Netflix IP, small owncloud backup box.

:)

• littlebirdelectronics.com.au for RPis

• iwaswrongonce said: Think you got the 1u and rpi pricing backwards...

Should be fixed.

• Thank you for sharing

• @trewq Can you host Pi clones (OrangePi or C1/2)? or is it Pi's only?

• @bohdans said:
    @trewq Can you host Pi clones (OrangePi or C1/2)? or is it Pi's only?

Our mounting system has preset holes for a normal Pi, if the orangepi (quick google suggests yes) uses the same standoffs, it shouldnt be a problem. I dont have one here to try with the rack system though.

• hyypperionn said: if the orangepi (quick google suggests yes) uses the same standoffs, it shouldnt be a problem

How fixed is the Ethernet RJ45 orientation on your mounting system? I haven't got an Odriod OC2 on hand but it looks like their Ethernet RJ45 has the latching tab up, while the Pi3 has it down.

Otherwise the Odroid C2 stand off, USB and Ethernet locations all appear identical to the Pi3 (people use Pi cases for the C2).

If your mounting system is ok with the C2 Ethernet, is it fussy on the bottom layout of the boards at all? The Pi3 has their SD card reader at the opposite side of the board from the Ethernet/USB, while the C2 has it to the side. Can't see it being an issue, but it's a key difference between the board layouts.

Thanks.

• @8nation said:

hyypperionn said: if the orangepi (quick google suggests yes) uses the same standoffs, it shouldnt be a problem

How fixed is the Ethernet RJ45 orientation on your mounting system? I haven't got an Odriod OC2 on hand but it looks like their Ethernet RJ45 has the latching tab up, while the Pi3 has it down.

Otherwise the Odroid C2 stand off, USB and Ethernet locations all appear identical to the Pi3 (people use Pi cases for the C2).

If your mounting system is ok with the C2 Ethernet, is it fussy on the bottom layout of the boards at all? The Pi3 has their SD card reader at the opposite side of the board from the Ethernet/USB, while the C2 has it to the side. Can't see it being an issue, but it's a key difference between the board layouts.

Thanks.

Here is the mounting system we use.

Power/ethernet is flexible.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1606631

Thanked by 18nation