Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Service Provider...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Service Provider...

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep
edited September 2013 in General

What should a new service provider do to be successful?

list of service to be provided:

1. shared hosting (shared/dedicated_ip/reseller/etc)

2. vps hosting(vps/vps reseller)

3. Dedicated server.

4. many more...

most of the services would be low end - price wise, so kindly suggest the kind suggest according.
the board viewers kindly suggest the packages which the new service provider should offer to be successful. Also comment the service types most of you would wish to have.

This would be a feedback kind of thing which would help us frame our products and services.

Launching soonwill launch only after pre-satisfaction of the prospected cliental base. will post the url/link/domain only after we get a satisfied response...

GET GOING...

Thanked by 1c0y

Comments

• $7 dedicated server, please & thanks

• @awson said:
    $7 dedicated server, please & thanks

OVH done one cheaper.

It's good to have a variety of services to offer. But don't push yourself to much as a provider try to keep your expenses as low as possible first.

Lowendtalk is strictly VPS/Dedi offers though.

Best of luck :)

• ovh doesn't offer kimsufi servers for non-european.

• @agentmishra said:
    most of the services would be low end - price wise, so kindly suggest the kind suggest according. the board viewers kindly suggest the packages which the new service provider should offer to be successful. Also comment the service types most of you would wish to have.

Don't copycat the Chinese (undercut prices). This calls for special skills and business culture that non-Chinese can't begin to match. Much better to: 1) Find a niche; 2) Be innovative (read: offer something new and original); 3) Keep your start-up costs down. That's it. Surefire success :)

• Take one thing you want to change about the market and stick to it, don't even try to please everyone. You will fail miserably.

• If you need to ask us for your business plan, you will fail.

Thanked by 2c0y nikc
  • Unlimited usenet traffic included with all plans. This is THE killer feature.

• If you are coming to LET to get a business plan made for you it's already too late!

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@andrzej said:
    Don't copycat the Chinese (undercut prices). This calls for special skills and business culture that non-Chinese can't begin to match. Much better to: 1) Find a niche; 2) Be innovative (read: offer something new and original); 3) Keep your start-up costs down. That's it. Surefire success :)

mind what you say

@ztec said:
    Take one thing you want to change about the market and stick to it, don't even try to please everyone. You will fail miserably.

thats why i ask for help, to let us decide on that factor

• c0yc0y Member
    edited September 2013

@agentmishra said:
    thats why i ask for help, to let us decide on that factor

I will continue to say this: hosting isn't a charity nor a game.
    People rely with their businesses and/or files on VPSes.
    People like you shouldn't run a vps business, you evidently have no clue and just asking this in public shows that you are far from a businessman...

edited September 2013

@Frost said:
    People like you shouldn't run a vps business, you evidently have no clue and just asking this in public shows that you are far from a businessman...

people like you should think before you comment

i meant to state why would people want to accept a new provider, i never asked you to formulate a business plan.

let me ask you this way: Why would you switch from your provider to me, i will be offering the normal plans, but why me???

and business, its in my blood.

Like you mentioned "Take one thing you want to change about the market and stick to it, don't even try to please everyone. You will fail miserably."

what that one thing for you would be?

• @agentmishra said:
    let me ask you this way: Why would you switch from your provider to me, i will be offering the normal plans, but why me???

Yeah... that's exactly what you are supposed to come up with...

But I value competence and having enough experience to not get fooled by forged DMCAs and Social engineering

• @agentmishra said:
    Like you mentioned "Take one thing you want to change about the market and stick to it, don't even try to please everyone. You will fail miserably."
    what that one thing for you would be?

Your participation in the market

• @agentmishra said: mind what you say

Say what..?

@andrzej said:
    Say what..?

we all know what "CHINESE" products are...

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Option number four - unlimited datacentre for under $10 per month with free unlimited servers and IP addresses.

• @agentmishra said:
    we all know what "CHINESE" products are...

You mean products like the Apple iPhone, products from BenQ, Dell, HP etc. Most people get along with those quite great.

@WebProject said:
    Option number four - unlimited datacentre for under $10 per month with free unlimited servers and IP addresses.

will be xcelent feature..

• Be sure to announce your new service with a lot of fanfare and pride, and make sure everyone knows it comes from you.

• So does this come with a free control panel or what?

@kontam said:
    So does this come with a free control panel or what?

feature taken

will have a free control panel

• Have you looked at the prices for Central and South American VPS?
    How's your Spanish?

@FrankZ said:
    Have you looked at the prices for Central and South American VPS?
    How's your Spanish?

sorry but could not understand..

• kvm with free directadmin and very cheap ipv4 addon

@skizoid said:
    kvm with free directadmin and very cheap ipv4 addon

excellent idea
    feature taken..

• @agentmishra You asked "What should a new service provider do to be successful?"
    My comment above was about getting into a market (central/south America) where you could have larger margins and less competition. The barrier to entry is Spanish speaking service personnel and picking the right location(s) to set up servers.

It was just an opinion.

real nice

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Brazil seems to take a stand against censorship and surveillance, it may appeal to many people.

• ahh.. M why are u replying to this crazy thing... this guy bumped his own thread today where last reply was on Sept 17