Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Can be Register .US domain
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Can be Register .US domain

Can be register .US Domain. If you are outside from US. Some company ask for domicile.

Comments

• Yes, I live in UK and have an amount with namecheap.

Taking a hiatus.

• I think it's sparsely enforced, but clarification would be nice.

• awsonawson Member
      edited September 2013

@darknyan said:
      I think it's sparsely enforced, but clarification would be nice.

It is enforced, and private registration for .us domains shouldn't be offered by registrars: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.us#Restrictions_on_use_of_.us_domains

It's possible that Namecheap could get into trouble for selling .us to non-US entities.

Edit: It wasn't there last time I checked, but looks like Namecheap are now enforcing the US-only rule to registrants:

To be qualified for a .US domain, you must be a US citizen, a permanent US resident, or a US entity such as an organization or corporation. You can also be a corporation with a bona fide presence in the US.

• Yes

You can use trustee services but feel free to listen to these Google experts. Trustee services meet the ICANN requirements in some circumstances. 101domain offers such services.

How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.