Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Windows VPS: Which is better - Xen-HVM or KVM?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Windows VPS: Which is better - Xen-HVM or KVM?

ngstargatengstargate Member, Provider
    edited September 2013 in General

Which version of Windows VPS is better - Xen-HVM or KVM?

PrimaHost - Linux and Windows VPS - Germany, France, Canada

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Member
      edited September 2013

I am a big xen fan /disclosure

I find it both going on well. They are about equivalent but Xen promisses to improve drastically and it is already there.
      KVM works great with virtio drivers too.

Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

• @ngstargate said:
      Which version of Windows VPS is better - XEN or KVM?

No any comparison bet between Xen and KVM for "Windows"

and award goes to........

XenHVM

Cheap $9/Year Hosting(US/UK/Canada/ES) - Cheap Windows VPS Hosting from Dewlance & Linux Xen VPS at low price. PreMadeKb.com WHMCS/Blesta Readymade Knowledgebase
    • ngstargatengstargate Member, Provider
      edited September 2013

@DewlanceVPS said:
      No any comparison bet between Xen and KVM for "Windows"
      and award goes to........
      XenHVM

Ok! Between XenHVM and KVM?

• XenHVM is give you better performance

BD Web Services | Since 2009

Linux & Windows Web Hosting | Master Reseller Hosting | Daily & Weekly Remote Backup | VOIP Server | USA & Europe

• @ngstargate said:
      Ok! Between XenHVM and KVM?

XenHVM, I was try to use KVM + Windows on my SSD server but Installation take 30+ minute which is really unacceptable and KVM Windows VPS speed was really slow.

Cheap $9/Year Hosting(US/UK/Canada/ES) - Cheap Windows VPS Hosting from Dewlance & Linux Xen VPS at low price. PreMadeKb.com WHMCS/Blesta Readymade Knowledgebase
    • Interesting, I always find KVM the better choice out of the 2 but vmware is better still for windows I think.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• @ngstargate said:
      Which version of Windows VPS is better - Xen-HVM or KVM?

I choose KVM, but HyperV is the one I like best, I just do not wish to manage it, I am always afraid of catching poverty with Windows

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM KVM VPS / Proxmox OpenVZ VPS- Low Cost Comodo SSL Certificates
    • KVM + VirtIO drivers works great!

Fast Affordable Professional Virtual Private Servers
      No situation is too much of a handful for us. Let us give you a helping hand with this: FAPVPS Special Offers
    • ngstargatengstargate Member, Provider

Great! Score: 4:4.