Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLVED] Vultr.com admin panel is (partial) down - all IP's blocked by firewall. They are aware.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLVED] Vultr.com admin panel is (partial) down - all IP's blocked by firewall. They are aware.

myhkenmyhken Member
edited December 2017 in General

Do anybody else have problems connecting to http://my.vultr.com tonight?
I have tried on three different computers with three different IP's from three ten different countries, and all I get is that Oops! Your request was blocked by our firewall.
Do anybody get access to that page? The main page is working fine, but I need to spin up a new VM, and do not get access.

Comments

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Write an email, they will unblock you very fast.

• I cant even load it

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @nik said:

But still, why do all my IPs get blocked today? I have tried with my VPN provider, my ISP at home, a server in Sweden and also now on several of my OVH and Hetzner dedicated servers. No IP's get access to that page.

• vovlervovler Member
    edited December 2017

@myhken said:

@nik said:

But still, why do all my IPs get blocked today? I have tried with my VPN provider, my ISP at home, a server in Sweden and also now on several of my OVH and Hetzner dedicated servers. No IP's get access to that page.

Mine is also blocked, it ended up loading after a good minute
    https://gyazo.com/66785b9c8c51ea29879a5f7b927aebde

EDIT_
    My Domestic IP is blocked

• Tried contacting them directly now, since I don't have access to their ticket system either because of this issue.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Feels like their login panel may be under attack. Probably temporarily overcompensating on trying to mitigate, it happens. Seeing same from my home IP.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Doesn't work from here either, having never visited their site I can't imagine I'd be blocked. Maybe a glitch!

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Too bad that I don't have a Windows Server 2016 template ready on my Digitalocean.com account @jarland ;) ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@myhken said:
    Too bad that I don't have a Windows Server 2016 template ready on my Digitalocean.com account @jarland ;) ;)

I still smile at every ticket with a brand new droplet asking for a recovery ISO mount :P

Hopefully Vultr panel recovers quickly for you. I've been using them a fair bit lately as well for building out a filtered outbound relay cluster.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

It works just fine here, on both a residential and a VPS ip.

• @mfs said:

Where do you live? Still not working on any of my servers (IPs) around the world.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2017

Well that was fast, I've tried it again now and it doesn't work.

Now I see "Your request was blocked by our firewall."

CNAME my.vultr.com.cdn.cloudflare.net

eh

• @mfs said:

Seems to be back on my side too.

• Please tell my what country it's working from, so I can test it with my two VPN providers.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They may be blocking any IPs that visit that page. I'd suggest wait it out a little.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Got a reply, so they do have issues now....going to bed, and hope it works tomorrow :D

Nice lastname. I can't even pronounce it.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • LeeLee Veteran

I am in Spain and get the same message through the residential IP and through the VPN to the UK that I am on now.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Thanked by 1netomx
  • @deank said:

It's "sheh-zaa-deh", not that it matters :P It means "prince" in middle eastern languages.

• Got a reply that they have fixed the issue, and yes, it's now working again.

The power of LET. They saw the thread and called the crew to fix it.

Cherish LET.
    Worship LET.
    And hate it at the same time.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • attack? for scamming on $2.50 vps ? that 'forever out of stock'?

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@creep said:
    attack? for scamming on $2.50 vps ? that 'forever out of stock'?

2 locations are in stock.

• Sounds like somebody panicked, possible breach at Vultr?

• vovlervovler Member
    edited December 2017

@Hxxx said:
    Sounds like somebody panicked, possible breach at Vultr?

They don't use captcha, either somone tried to bruteforce a specific login, with that "new" password list that came out a few weeks ago, or it was a DDOS attack.

My bet is on the bruteforce

• @Harzem said:

@deank said:

It's "sheh-zaa-deh", not that it matters :P It means "prince" in middle eastern languages.

Nope. Amir/Ameer= Prince, Sheikh= Elder/Imam/Cleric.