Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor or SolusVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor or SolusVM?

x3hostx3host Banned
edited December 2017 in General

Hey,

I don't know if my thread is right to be posted here or not, But i want to know which control panel of both are popular between let members and providers.

If you are using SolusVM or Virtualizor,

What is the advantages or disadvantages between them ? And why you are using Virtualizor or SolusVM?

For me i can see Virtualizor is 100 % better than SolusVM,

Helpful Support staff , Easy to use control panel, More options, No problems with the choose of the Operating System templates using WHMCS. And much more?! and this is why i'm still using both on my servers but from my experience Virtualizor is better.

Thanked by 1nunuigti

Comments

• There was another thread posted earlier about this, go check there.

I use Virtualizor. I have no experience with Solus - But one company releases regular updates and the other... yeah.. you get my point.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • SolusVM wins on design.

Virtualizor wins on functionality.

Let's see what the future holds.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • ArchArch Member
    edited December 2017

I used SolusVM for about a year, and then migrated to Virtualizor which I'm on now. Overall, I'd recommend Virtualizor.

Some reasons for this were:

• Virtualizor has better prepackaged Windows templates than SolusVM
    • Our DC (QuadraNet) offers some discounted licenses for Virtualizor, so it's marginally cheaper than SolusVM
    • I had issues with backups on SolusVM, and I haven't had these issues with Virtualizor
    • I don't believe SolusVM has Thin LVM support. Virtualizor offers it in beta/alpha, so I wouldn't recommend running it in production, but it's cool to know it's there if you need it and that it's being actively developed.
    • I was fed up with the wait for SolusVM 2, and around the time that I switched they had just released an "update" for stable which had already been on mainline for months. Made it seem like their development is dying out.
    • It seems like Virtualizor is a lot more lightweight than SolusVM. Virtualizor is just a LEMP stack with some extra layers for libvirt/management/etc - it feels a lot less bloated than SolusVM. Also, as a Debian fan, I believe the Virtualizor master can run on Debian while the SolusVM master can not - another plus for me.
    • Virtualizor has a ton more templates for KVM and OpenVZ over SolusVM. Seriously, their collection is huge.

Some downsides of Virtualizor? The client and admin area is a lot uglier than SolusVM. Virtualizor support is helpful and always fixes my issues, but I don't think I've ever gotten a response from them quicker than 24 hours. I dread the day that I'll ever need their support for something critical. Also, Virtualizor doesn't really have WHMCS email templates so we have to send login credential mail via the Virtualizor master. It's not a huge issue, but it's kind of inconvenient to have to send multiple mails for something SolusVM did all together.

The migration from SolusVM->Virtualizor was relatively painless, so if you do decide to use SolusVM you can always switch up to Virtualizor later. I'm not so sure about doing that vice versa.

Thanked by 3x3host geekalot nithins
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

I prefer SolusVM, in my opinion it's easier to use and looks better for people with less knowledge about things around VPS, and that's what matters more to me. The only complaints I've had were not related to the client end. Right now, I don't have any issues, I did, but they were resolved one way or another.

Virtualizor is better featured, considering (I think?) it fully supports VZ 7, but my OpenVZ and KVM all run fine right now.

But I'm not loyal to one service, if something happened that negatively affected my services I would drop it. Same could be said about any other.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • both crap, code own Openstack KVM

Thanked by 1x3host
  • Why just those two? Perhaps there is a market for something new?

Thanked by 1x3host
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Virtualizor!

SolusVM was great when it launched. The updates/fixes slowed down till the point where most of the providers got frustrated and started fixing bugs/problems on their own.

For more "thrilling experience" I'm tagging @AnthonySmith :D

Thanked by 1x3host
  • For you Solus, for others Virtualizor.

Thanked by 2x3host imok
  • i have been using virtualizor and running very well
    i still confused about their license type

Thanked by 1x3host
  • Both are VPS management control panels but which one to choose is just the matter of preference I think.

SolusVM has pretty clean and stable interface on the contrary Virtualizor is little confusing for new users.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
  • IIRC, Anthony Smith is not a control panel. Yet.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2017

@Yura said:

IIRC, Anthony Smith is not a control panel. Yet.

Nah just inviting him to once more get a chance to follow his SolusVM crusade :P

Tbh he just always seems to outline the pros/cons of each of them with very much detail (probably because he had to mess so mich around with them) hence the tag.

I wouldn't mind an AnthonySmithCP (TM) though :P

Thanked by 2hostdare x3host
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

24x7servermanagement said: Both are VPS management control panels but which one to choose is just the matter of preference I think.

SolusVM has pretty clean and stable interface on the contrary Virtualizor is little confusing for new users.

MikeA said: I prefer SolusVM, in my opinion it's easier to use and looks better for people with less knowledge about things around VPS

Yep, i guess if you are not selling managed services and are catering for 'dummys' Solusvm could be better.

However, it could also be argued that solusvm requiring a separate login and random username is equally as confusing for 'new users'

Anyway.

SOLUSVM: End user buys a VPS, they get this:

VIRTUALIZOR: end user buys a VPS they do not need any seperate logins or panels, this is what they get in your billing panel with no seperate login portal or seperate logn, username/password required:

Thanked by 2PremiumN x3host
  • @AnthonySmith said:

24x7servermanagement said: Both are VPS management control panels but which one to choose is just the matter of preference I think.

MikeA said: I prefer SolusVM, in my opinion it's easier to use and looks better for people with less knowledge about things around VPS

Yep, i guess if you are not selling managed services and are catering for 'dummys' Solusvm could be better.

However, it could also be argued that solusvm requiring a separate login and random username is equally as confusing for 'new users'

Anyway.

SOLUSVM: End user buys a VPS, they get this:

VIRTUALIZOR: end user buys a VPS they do not need any seperate logins or panels, this is what they get in your billing panel with no seperate login portal or seperate logn, username/password required:

wow, vir seems pretty good.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • As much as I bitch about Virtualizor being ugly- at least it works.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • @WSS said:
    As much as I bitch about Virtualizor being ugly- at least it works.

Alas, Virtualizor is still a bunch of crappy code taped together on the same shitty foundation that Solus was built on.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • @doghouch said:

@WSS said:

Alas, Virtualizor is still a bunch of crappy code taped together on the same shitty foundation that Solus was built on.

I thought Virtualizor actually uses libvirtd, whereas Solus is literally shell scripts..

Thanked by 1x3host
  • @WSS said:

@doghouch said:

@WSS said:

I thought Virtualizor actually uses libvirtd, whereas Solus is literally shell scripts..

Virtualizor definitely still uses libvirt

Thanked by 1x3host
  • @WSS said:

@doghouch said:

@WSS said:

They're both special in their own ways.

Thanked by 1x3host
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@x3host said:
    Hey,

I don't know if my thread is right to be posted here or not, But i want to know which control panel of both are popular between let members and providers.

If you are using SolusVM or Virtualizor,

What is the advantages or disadvantages between them ? And why you are using Virtualizor or SolusVM?

For me i can see Virtualizor is 100 % better than SolusVM,

Helpful Support staff , Easy to use control panel, More options, No problems with the choose of the Operating System templates using WHMCS. And much more?! and this is why i'm still using both on my servers but from my experience Virtualizor is better.

mate let me tell you a few facts...

rather then some personal fancies, if one has to be unbiased about the choice of control panel, all would agree, that for business purpose we always require, something which is rigorously developed/patched/fixed and feature rich

and virtualizor has, it seems like, become a household name, synonym to virtualization control panel to many providers.

if you wish to test, go alive, be on production..... or for what ever your need would be, best pricing and feature rich is, off-course virtualizor panel.

take some time to surf through their site and rest will be, you would end up becoming another fan of this panel.

the support is very friendly (yes at times they do have festivals, etc but else wish quick and responsive).
    they have an in-house build and in-house maintained module for whmcs (as well as blesta)
    for solusvm, something like this module is highly priced (at-least for biggeners)

and many many more things, i could go on writing and writing.....

Thanked by 1x3host