Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vps control panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vps control panel

dnsdns Member
edited December 2017 in Help

Which one for KVM Virtualization ?

Virtualizor or SolusVM

Comments

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

+1 for Virtualizor

• No really good answer. Admin or Client side ? Anyway you need to test by yourself.
    Personally I prefer Virtualizor.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Virtualizor has a horrible 'looking' but perfectly functional admin interface (rumor has it then a new one is being released in early 2018) but has a significantly better end-user interface and integration than solusvm.

It also offers significantly more features and granular control than solusvm, solusvm has not had any significant feature updates in over 3 years since they were bought by OnApp and to be honest it was a fair bit behind virtualizor in terms of features 3 years ago to begin with.

That said, it depends on what you want to use it for, if it is for your own servers i.e. not commercial selling of virtual servers then neither, use ESX/VMware or Proxmox, if you plan to sell KVM servers then you want Virtualizor, takes a bit more getting used to but significantly more powerful and open to feedback.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Virtualizor has a horrible 'looking' but perfectly functional admin interface (rumor has it then a new one is being released in early 2018) but has a significantly better end-user interface and integration than solusvm.

It also offers significantly more features and granular control than solusvm, solusvm has not had any significant feature updates in over 3 years since they were bought by OnApp and to be honest it was a fair bit behind virtualizor in terms of features 3 years ago to begin with.

That said, it depends on what you want to use it for, if it is for your own servers i.e. not commercial selling of virtual servers then neither, use ESX/VMware or Proxmox, if you plan to sell KVM servers then you want Virtualizor, takes a bit more getting used to but significantly more powerful and open to feedback.

tanks

edited December 2017

dns said: tanks

Your velcro

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • SolusVM 2.0 will be released in Autumn 2017. Didn't you get the memo?

Yura said: SolusVM 2.0 will be released in Autumn 2017. Didn't you get the memo?

My favorite ever post on LET will sum that up: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2568793/#Comment_2568793

Thanked by 3Yura joeri southy
  • @AnthonySmith, that's brilliant. Great job, @teamacc

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited December 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

Yura said: SolusVM 2.0 will be released in Autumn 2017. Didn't you get the memo?

My favorite ever post on LET will sum that up: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2568793/#Comment_2568793

If I take cloud.net code as a benchmark for overall code quality (and responsiveness to bug reports):

There is (as in: it still exists to this very day) a bug with cloud.net (which got shut down recently, so disclosing this won't hurt them) where you could destroy a server multiple times through the API. You would then get credited multiple times for the remaining time that server had been paid for for that month.

This means you could generate money by building a server, and then destroying it multiple times immediately afterwards.

I reported this (imo critical) exploitable and reproduceable bug back at the end of May 2017. After bumping it each month (and getting a response along the lines of "will forward to the admins" or "looking into it") I finally got a final answer on it at the end of August, marking it "wontfix" as

We're working on re-doing Cloud.net. This bug will not exist in the new version.

I'll just leave that here.

• im need: Virtualizor Windows server 2008 Enterprise Templates

• im need: Virtualizor Windows server 2008 Enterprise Templates

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

1+ for virtualizor

• lizor +1

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

dns said: im need: Virtualizor Windows server 2008 Enterprise Templates

contact their team

• 1+ for virtualizor.

• Poll not found.

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

Another vote for Virtualizor from me. Easy to scale under one master, licenses are cheap, product is solid and support is fairly decent.

User interface is probably one of the best, and it integrates easily with common billing software.