Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable Hosting Services LLP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable Hosting Services LLP?

Hello.
I want to replace my bare metal server. Do you have any opinion about Reliable Hosting Services LLP?

I tried search engines but there is nothing interesting.

Comments

• I used them for a brief project for a couple of months. No complaints. They have competitive prices for mostly older hardware (similar to Dacentec, but a much smaller operation).

The network is surprisingly good considering their rural location -- I was especially impressed by the low latency to Western Europe. However, bandwidth on most servers is unfortunately limited to 100 Mbit. They don't offer gigabit uplinks as standard on all servers like most companies do.

Support was efficient and polite the very few times I needed it. Since I was with them for such a short time, I can't speak to things like network reliability or how fast they are in emergency situations.

I see them as a decent location for backups, hot spares, failover, or testing, where you don't need the latest and greatest hardware or the fastest network.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @aj_potc said:
    I used them for a brief project for a couple of months. No complaints. They have competitive prices for mostly older hardware (similar to Dacentec, but a much smaller operation).

The network is surprisingly good considering their rural location -- I was especially impressed by the low latency to Western Europe. However, bandwidth on most servers is unfortunately limited to 100 Mbit. They don't offer gigabit uplinks as standard on all servers like most companies do.

Support was efficient and polite the very few times I needed it. Since I was with them for such a short time, I can't speak to things like network reliability or how fast they are in emergency situations.

I see them as a decent location for backups, hot spares, failover, or testing, where you don't need the latest and greatest hardware or the fastest network.

@imok ^^^ This from @aj_potc effectively sums it up.

I have been a customer for over 4 years and have a colo with them.

• Cheap, 100 Mbit, unremarkable (in a good way)

IIRC, they had some brief outage issues early in 2017 (you can see more specifics on WHT outage forums), but they also have an SLA and they do pay up if you ticket them on it.

Good choice for backups and other purposes where the bandwidth works for you.

My only relationship is that I am currently a satisfied customer.

Thanked by 1imok