Probably Stupid Dedicated Server Request [64GB RAM, DDoS Prot, SSD]
As the title already explains, this is probably a dumb request - but I'm in a sticky situation here.
I have a E5-SAT-1-64 from SoYouStart, however recently I have had performance issues that are I/O and CPU related... I love their pricing and I know that nobody can beat them. The performance issues are really difficult to work with.
My requirements are as follows:
- CPU with passmark over 10k, 11k+ preferred.
- 64GB RAM
- 3-4 x 500GB SSD - (but, mechanical could work with HW Raid... 2 x 2TB) - 1TB+ total storage.
- 5TB Bandwidth (10TB+ preferred) @ 500 Mbit/s.
- 10 Gbit/s or more DDoS Protection (basic TCP/UDP - very infrequent attacks but they do happen! -- it HAS to work though.)
- Located in Europe (<30ms to the UK), US East in worst case scenario. (<100ms to the UK)
- 8 IPv4 (preferably cheap extras).
My budget is very tight, but I will stretch as much as possible. I've got about $80/month - but being realistic I could stretch to $100/month if the offer is very good - but for that price I would be able to replace the node with separate LEBs with change. Setup time would need to be quick if you'd like me to purchase this month (only just realised, but machine expires tommorow), or if you can wait 2-3+ weeks and keep the offer... then the setup times can be slower. (EU providers, I do have to pay 20% VAT - and yes... this is included in my price, even if it's not in yours - if it was for enterprise, I'd be spending full price!)
Thank you all, and I hope every one of you has a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
All the best,