Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 doesn't work after a few hours!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 doesn't work after a few hours!

mrm2005mrm2005 Member
edited February 2012 in Help

Hi,
I have a vps with both 1 IPv4 & 2 IPv6. The main thing about this vps is , that i don't see my ipv6 in SolusVM Control Panel.My VPS came with an IPv4 and when i requested IPv6 , i received 2 IPv6 and they said that you can add these IPs to your Server.(Debian 6)

I used this command for Each IP :

ip -6 addr add IPv6_Address dev eth0

After running that command , Everything is OK and i can reach my other VPS via IPv6 (or any other IPv6 Enabled host), but after a few hours (sometimes 1 or 2 days) that doesn't work. I had to login to VPS, Restart Networking Service and add those IPs again.

What do you think i should do?

Comments

• Your VPS is a KVM/Xen one?

If that is the case, I think your DHCP is messing around, lol. Maybe you must look in how to disable it and add the IPS manually like you did it. Also, you may ask for a fix in their DHCP server.

• Hi,

It's a Xen PV.
    When problem occurs , i check using ifconfig and both IPv6 are there , but no routing to anywhere.After Deleting and adding them again, everything works , so i don't think that there is a DHCP Problem , unless for some reason they assign those IPs to someone else.

And if they have DHCP for IPv6 , why they asked me to assign those IPs to my VPS?

• I have no idea :S

• Is it from BuyVM?
    If yes, I'm having that issues too. But after running the :

ip -6 addr add IPv6_Address dev eth0

it works fine

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Is it from BuyVM?

No, I'm not a BuyVM customer.